Film The Tragedy of Macbeth (Denzel/Frances McDormand/Joel Coen)

Sweet Square

For whatever reason signing up to apple tv(The first week is free)is a massive pain, so haven't got around to watching this yet. While it's impossible to judge a film just on a few clips, the ones I've seen did look a little bit disappointing. Looks beautifully shot but it seems they've remove all the rare emotion from the original play. Although the soundtrack is great on it's own.

I highly recommend Kurosawa's treatment of Macbeth, Throne of Blood. Toshiro Mifune is superb.
Yep such a great film. Mifune death might be my death scene of all time.

Would also add in Justin Kurzel Macbeth from 2015, staring Fassbender & Cotillard.

Last edited:

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
I don't know if it's just on my box, but my LG smart TV currently has an offer in the LG content section that gives you a unique code to sign up to Apple TV for 3 months free. Worth a look if in anyone's got one.

Idxomer

For whatever reason signing up to apple tv(The first week is free)is a massive pain, so haven't got around to watching this yet. While it's impossible to judge a film just on a few clips, the ones I've seen did look a little bit disappointing. Looks beautifully shot but it seems they've remove all the rare emotion from the original play. Although the soundtrack is great on it's own.
That's exactly what happened, it was very tedious and the words lacked the impact they should have. The lack of chemistry between the two leads didn't help either.

Sweet Square

That's exactly what happened, it was very tedious and the words lacked the impact they should have. The lack of chemistry between the two leads didn't help either.
Cheers. Yeah this really came across in the clips I watched. Shame as I was kind of hyped for this.