The True Geordie

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

I get what your saying. But I'm sure they've said more worse shite off camera. You hear that joke being told a million times for years. It was an obvious typical over reaction from the twitters. Just me I guess, if someone helped me the way Brian helped those eejits, I'd be pretty grateful. Some shitty joke wouldn't change my opinion. He took his licks online and lost whatever spsnsorship, shit happens. Not like he attacked someone.
In all likelihood, everyone on The Kick Off has probably said worse off camera. But the fact is that when you're on camera you've got to accept a certain level of responsibility which is a higher standard than if you were simply in a pub chatting to the same people. A few days after it happened, Mckola tweeted about him stepping aside from The Kick Off: he made it clear that Brian is still is his friend. I'm sure him and Rory are grateful for what Brian did for their careers but if you're working in the media business then you've got to put yourself first before others.

Chief123

There wasn't a single moment during the actual game where I was worried or didn't think we'd win. It's as simple as that. Even in this mythical first half where they dominated us, they created one half chance that had a goalkeeper and 2 defenders in the way and we scored 2 actual, real goals.
Same, I wasn’t worried at any point in the game.

It actually looked like ETH changed his tactics and decided to let Newcastle come at us so we can hit them on the break. It was clever thinking as there was no need to exert excess energy pressing them too much. Once the first goal went in we could afford to just sit back and soak up pressure.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
There wasn't a single moment during the actual game where I was worried or didn't think we'd win. It's as simple as that. Even in this mythical first half where they dominated us, they created one half chance that had a goalkeeper and 2 defenders in the way and we scored 2 actual, real goals.
Yeah all the ASM fanbois were wetting their knickers about how he was going to wreck us. He had Dalot scared maybe twice and that was it. When AWB came on he may as well have asked to be subbed.

Irwin99

Ferguson and Keane never liked Newcastle or their fan base and it showed in their comments: "a wee club in the north east" and " I always thought they were an arrogant bunch, for a club that had won f*** all" :lol:

Wouldn't be surprised if a more intense rivalry flared up if the two clubs get better in the seasons ahead.

Last edited:

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
What they Choose to forget is we had a very tough game against the La Liga leaders on Thursday night. They had all week to prepare for that game and barely left a glove on us

The gap is still huge. They have just benefitted this season with no European football. Next season they will be in some European competition most likely and they will start to realise how tough it is.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
The rest of the league should be thanking us for beating them. Imagine the hights of delusion we'd be hearing now from that lot if they'd won.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

What's this guy's problem with Ten Hag? I get that we ruined his childhood but he seems to really have it out for our manager. I wouldn't have thought a Carabou Cup final loss would've hurt Newcastle fans this badly 6 months on.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I’m surprised he is still going and has the budget to keep going. He’s fell off massively and the views have plummeted.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I never really found him that insightful. It was tune in for his rants or not at all.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

What's this guy's problem with Ten Hag? I get that we ruined his childhood but he seems to really have it out for our manager. I wouldn't have thought a Carabou Cup final loss would've hurt Newcastle fans this badly 6 months on.
He's thick as pig shit.

lsd

The Oracle

I'm surprised he's still a thing to be honest. Who could really take anything he says seriously?

OverratedOpinion

We need to stop paying attention to these influencers who hire a studio and a camera and then speak as though they have any credibility as a football voice.

Half of them get their "knowledge" from FIFA.

Loon

:lol:
Newcastle fans genuinely thought they were gonna romp that cup final. It just brought back memories of 1996 for a lot of them.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
We need to stop paying attention to these influencers who hire a studio and a camera and then speak as though they have any credibility as a football voice.

Half of them get their "knowledge" from FIFA.
Are they any different than forum posters? Its just people with opinions.

Bwuk

He’s a fat racist clown who likes people to shit on his chest.

AFC NimbleThumb

Are they any different than forum posters? Its just people with opinions.
When you’ve got clown like Rory Jennings getting Talksport gigs & sharing shows with ‘pundits’ like Neville & Carragher then yes these guys are rather different from forum posters.

The opinion isn’t the issue, is the credence given to these fans.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
When you’ve got clown like Rory Jennings getting Talksport gigs & sharing shows with ‘pundits’ like Neville & Carragher then yes these guys are rather different from forum posters.

The opinion isn’t the issue, is the credence given to these fans.
Well the forum is different but thats about it.

I suppose we should blame the YouTube audience for the current pack of would-be pundits that see the limelight because of their social media following, and their abilitty to portray a "mate vs mate" argument in a entertaining (for some) manner. What sells isnt the content of the discussion of their opinions, its purely about the banter. Ben Foster (curiously enough) might want to take some of the blame for helping lift some of these guys into credibility through feature on his own podcast/show.

Someone like Micah Richards who has had a extremely succcessful career as a footballer at least has a lot of credit for to his name despite being known these days primarily for being an extremely likeable guy that is peak banter on TV.

I suppose the "banter" reporter is a lot easier to digest once they have played football, as opposed to being fans who are just opinionated dudes with a camera. Probably helps that Micah actually has a personality as well. Chris Kamara is another guy who I can sit and listen to talk nonsense all day about fotball, simply for being ridiculously likeable and fun to listen to. Then again all of these guys have actual TV careers because of their football background, not YouTube careers based on their clickrate.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Jennings has a background in acting so already had a name for himself/was involved in the tv world so not that unexpected that he has contacts and is able to pop up on this stuff but it's really who you know in the industry at times or who you choose to be pally with.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Not True Geordie but one of his (ex) associates.

:lol: