The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silva

I love the way the Trump brigade is trying to twist the events in Charlottesville in some kind of left vs right clash. I would imagine that no matter what your political persuasion is, you would be against far right groups. Therefore I would guess that a lot of the counter demonstrators aren't even left wing (regardless of your definition of what being 'left wing' is).
It's pretty extraordinary isn't it. Alex Jones obviously managed to take the cake, claiming the Nazi protestors were Jews acting.

Silva

Turns out the members of manufacturing council informed Trump over the phone that most of were quitting just before he announced it's disbandment. Literally "YOU CAN'T QUIT YOU'RE FIRED."

Cal?

CR7 fan
Which is irrelevant to the stupid notion that Americans "deserve Trump"
Well, Americans established the system, Americans refused to change the system, Americans persists with the stupid system,
enough Americans voted for that buffoon,
voila, the world has to suffer the consequences of the few hundred thousand idiots in Michigan, Pennsylvania, etc voting for Trump. :(

Fergies Gum

Well, Americans established the system, Americans refused to change the system, Americans persists with the stupid system,
enough Americans voted for that buffoon,
voila, the world has to suffer the consequences of the few hundred thousand idiots in Michigan, Pennsylvania, etc voting for Trump. :(
Wasn't even as much as that. The difference in all 3 states of Michigan, Pennsylvania & Wisconsin was less than 80,000 votes.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Wasn't even as much as that. The difference in all 3 states of Michigan, Pennsylvania & Wisconsin was less than 80,000 votes.
Well, somewhere in a parallel universe Hillary would have won and the world would be a safer and more sane place. :(

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I said months ago that I reckon Trump will just unexpectedly quit someday, I think that day is closer.
I reckon him getting tired of having a real job and blaming everyone else for quitting in the end is more likely than impeachment in his first term.

Blackwidow

Does anybody know what white European culture is? Just read that right now from a one of the so called "white supremacists" who wants to fight for that culture...

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Does anybody know what white European culture is? Just read that right now from a one of the so called "white supremacists" who wants to fight for that culture...
Maybe he meant it in a sense localized to Germany circa 1933-1945.

Neutral

BTV

I knew there was more to this than meets the eye. So obvious, and Trump's extra bullshit yesterday where he said he can't abide grandstanders and he had plenty more CEO's lined up and waiting to join. Liar, liar.
Yup...IBM head in email not leaving any doubt they were all walking out and Trump released his statement to save face (like that's possible :lol: )

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
This is brilliant. Anyone who has been watching CNN tonight will have seen this fecking nutter in a video he made showing him armed to the teeth with multiple guns and knives. He talks about being grateful nobody on his side was injured or killed and that it's a war etc and he would kill people and his side would kill many people. It's utterly depressing viewing and absolutely disgusting but par for the course with these lunatics. However, his hard man act quickly changed and the next video CNN showed was this and it's absolutely fecking priceless! He's crying like a little bitch and complaining about the nasty press because there is a warrant out for his arrest.

I particularly like the part where he talks about being calm and not afraid when he has a gun. :houllier: If that doesn't say coward then I don't know what does.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
He's an evil feck, but at least he gets the North Korea situation. That's a relief.
Yup, I posted the same thing but must have deleted the sentence :houllier: He doesn't like the huge Goldman Sachs influence either which is another good thing. Like you say, evil feck, but even he's more rational than Trump. Interestingly reports are saying he didn't think it was an interview. Personally I think that's a load of shite, he's exceedingly media savvy so of course he fecking knew.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Interestingly reports are saying he didn't think it was an interview. Personally I think that's a load of shite, he's exceedingly media savvy so of course he fecking knew.

Yeah, I'm not buying that the former executive chairman of a news organization didn't realize he was being interviewed.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
I love the way the Trump brigade is trying to twist the events in Charlottesville in some kind of left vs right clash. I would imagine that no matter what your political persuasion is, you would be against far right groups. Therefore I would guess that a lot of the counter demonstrators aren't even left wing (regardless of your definition of what being 'left wing' is).
This is spot on - Trump is trying to justify right-wing extremists by making the suggestion that it was the two edges of society going at it. It wasn't. It was the alt/extreme-right versus anyone who has a brain and any semblance of concern over another person's wellbeing and respect for their rights.

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
I suspect he just does stupid shit when he's angry. I think the fact they divert attention probably surprises him as much as it does us.
This. He can't keep up a scripted facade when he's pissed off. He also believes that he's right of course and no doubt resents the fact that now and then he has to reign himself in and read something carefully prepared for him.

He's going to get worse as the pressure intensifies. Let's hope his head explodes Scanners style live on tv.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout

Bannon does a Mooch.
This was an interesting part of that interview:

He dismissed the far right as irrelevant and sidestepped his own role in cultivating it: “Ethno-nationalism—it's losers. It's a fringe element. I think the media plays it up too much, and we gotta help crush it, you know, uh, help crush it more.”

“These guys are a collection of clowns,” he added.

From his lips to Trump’s ear.

“The Democrats,” he said, “the longer they talk about identity politics, I got ’em. I want them to talk about racism every day. If the left is focused on race and identity, and we go with economic nationalism, we can crush the Democrats.”​

Tyrion

I find it hard to feel sorry for America, they deserve him.
Trump's voters do which is ironic as they're the only ones who don't realise he's an idiot.

Suspect the next casualty in this will be the banning of The Donald subreddit. Some speculation the only reason the Reddit admins have been lenient have been told the US intel agencies are monitoring the forum, as they know its a Russian propaganda forum.

For far too long, hate groups on the internet have been allowed to flourish and grow and these companies have turned a blind eye to it.

A big tragedy strikes and the web companies then try to get ahead of the bad PR, avoid a backlash and threats of boycotts, by suddenly alleging the hate sites have not been operating under the terms & conditions.
I'm pretty sure there's been restrictions placed on it before. Apparently they kept gaming the system to spam the front page and the reddit admins had to change the coding to stop them. They freaked out, left the site and came back in a day or something.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Which is irrelevant to the stupid notion that Americans "deserve Trump"
Americans do deserve Trump. They have a ridiculous architecture that's far too reliant on rampant Capitalism and growth.

The two choices of center right or further right, result in Trump. Trump is the gateway drug to the far right being heard.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
This was an interesting part of that interview:

He dismissed the far right as irrelevant and sidestepped his own role in cultivating it: “Ethno-nationalism—it's losers. It's a fringe element. I think the media plays it up too much, and we gotta help crush it, you know, uh, help crush it more.”

“These guys are a collection of clowns,” he added.

From his lips to Trump’s ear.

“The Democrats,” he said, “the longer they talk about identity politics, I got ’em. I want them to talk about racism every day. If the left is focused on race and identity, and we go with economic nationalism, we can crush the Democrats.”​
Solid principles to run and win on to be honest.

No matter how despicable the instigators are.

Status
Not open for further replies.