The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

entropy

Bullshit. It's inconcieveable that Sanders would have lost the Rust Belt the way Hillary did.
People should seriously stop waving the Bernie Sanders flag. It was a nice flash in the pan moment to have him part of the election cycle. But that's about it. The guy never stood a chance to make it to the WH. Hopefully whoever the next candidate is will embrace some of his plans moving forward. That would be the best outcome we can all hope for.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
People should seriously stop waving the Bernie Sanders flag. It was a nice flash in the pan moment to have him part of the election cycle. But that's about it. The guy never stood a chance to make it to the WH. Hopefully whoever the next candidate is will embrace some of his plans moving forward. That would be the best outcome we can all hope for.
Are there any obvious decent democratic candidates yet?

Sweet Square

ˈkämyənəst
Bernie is the most popular politician in US.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I'm not waving any flag. The bias of the DNC towards their favored candidate is now obvious. And it's no surprise that Hillary failed in the general election where she failed during the primaries... in the midwest.

Dismissing Sanders is transparently a centrist idea. More of the same "don't vote for the bad guys" crap that got us in this predicament.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
That's all very well, completely ignoring the team of Neymars that the Republicans spent on attacking Hillary, there's no evidence at all that Sanders will have fared any better if that same budget was spent attacking him instead.
Sure, he would be attacked.

But he had a stronger lead than she did. And while both Hillary and Trump were negative approval, he was quite strongly positive. Approval ratings have predicted the presidential winner each time since 1992, and there was a ~15 point gap between Bernie and Trump in July last year, while the Hillary and Trump gap was <5.
H2H polls also showed that in a Trump-Hillary matchup, the no. 1 reason for a vote on either side was to prevent the other one from getting power. By contrast, more people were voting for Bernie than against trump in their H2H.

There is no guarantee Bernie would have won. But there is also zilch, zero, nada, no actual evidence to suggest he would not, beyond individual gut feelings.

Edit - I don't think he would have won +10 or whatever the July polls showed. But I'm confident he would have won +4ish.

Edit 2 - the reason for the difference in Bernie's and Hillary's polling was independent voters, where Hillary was trailing and Bernie was leading comfortably.

entropy

I'm not waving any flag. The bias of the DNC towards their favored candidate is now obvious. And it's no surprise that Hillary failed in the general election where she failed during the primaries... in the midwest.

Dismissing Sanders is transparently a centrist idea. More of the same "don't vote for the bad guys" crap that got us in this predicament.
You cannot blame the DNC for supporting a candidate who is far superior on every count. HRC was always their best bet.

Hammerfell

............... And spend the rest of his life constantly blaming the press, Hillary, Obama, the Democrats and anyone else he can think of. He will also constantly tell the USA what he would have done had he not been hounded out.
And end up relegating Sunderland.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
You cannot blame the DNC for supporting a candidate who is far superior on every count. HRC was always their best bet.
Like, except her actual polling numbers or honesty or popularity ratings, sure, she was the superior candidate.

entropy

Do these counts include the following 3?

honesty
transparency
likeability
Experience
Support of the banking and manufacturing sectors
First Woman President

Having realistic policies that can work as continuation of the previous administration. Nothing too crazy or radical. These are good enough starter points for me.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
This is brilliant. Anyone who has been watching CNN tonight will have seen this fecking nutter in a video he made showing him armed to the teeth with multiple guns and knives. He talks about being grateful nobody on his side was injured or killed and that it's a war etc and he would kill people and his side would kill many people. It's utterly depressing viewing and absolutely disgusting but par for the course with these lunatics. However, his hard man act quickly changed and the next video CNN showed was this and it's absolutely fecking priceless! He's crying like a little bitch and complaining about the nasty press because there is a warrant out for his arrest.

I particularly like the part where he talks about being calm and not afraid when he has a gun. :wenger: If that doesn't say coward then I don't know what does.
What an absolute fecking nonce.

He's got mental issues plain and simple.

ChaddyP

I think she would have made a better President than Bernie. She was a shit candidate though. Bernie definitely was a better candidate. And easier to elect. Would have won the Midwest states for sure.

Nogbadthebad

What an absolute fecking nonce.

He's got mental issues plain and simple.
Who was carrying four guns in Charlottesville.

Yeah, that's not a recipe for disaster. Look at how he copes with a bit of pressure, then think about him having FOUR guns on him when something does not go his way.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Do all US presidents have statues of them somewhere? Will Trump have one of him erected somewhere using public money?

Could become known as a place for public urination and spit stop I guess.

Last edited:

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Bullshit. It's inconcieveable that Sanders would have lost the Rust Belt the way Hillary did.
well of course. He would have carried it easy.

And he would have been a far better President than if Hillary had won.

For one thing he actually would have done something for the poor mostly Blacks. As compared to the DNC and Hillary who are only interested in getting their votes.

adexkola

Supports
Experience
First Woman President

Having realistic policies that can work as continuation of the previous administration. Nothing too crazy or radical. These are good enough starter points for me.
Experience as what? Bill's wife?
I'm not sure how you see that as a strength. And the latter sector is debatable, as she was all for TPP while Sanders opposed it.
I'm not sure why that should be considered... we're talking about who is best for the job.

Cal?

CR7 fan
The tens of million of Hillary supporters are just supposed to do what they're told to do like 9 years ago?
Sure, he would be attacked.

But he had a stronger lead than she did. And while both Hillary and Trump were negative approval, he was quite strongly positive. Approval ratings have predicted the presidential winner each time since 1992, and there was a ~15 point gap between Bernie and Trump in July last year, while the Hillary and Trump gap was <5.
H2H polls also showed that in a Trump-Hillary matchup, the no. 1 reason for a vote on either side was to prevent the other one from getting power. By contrast, more people were voting for Bernie than against trump in their H2H.

There is no guarantee Bernie would have won. But there is also zilch, zero, nada, no actual evidence to suggest he would not, beyond individual gut feelings.

Edit - I don't think he would have won +10 or whatever the July polls showed. But I'm confident he would have won +4ish.

Edit 2 - the reason for the difference in Bernie's and Hillary's polling was independent voters, where Hillary was trailing and Bernie was leading comfortably.
The vast majority of polls had Hillary winning the night before the election, and the vast majority of those had been correct for decades too, it's too simplistic to just pick one factor out. The fact remains that Hillary got millions more votes in the primaries.

Experience
First Woman President

This, well said sir!
well of course. He would have carried it easy.

And he would have been a far better President than if Hillary had won.

For one thing he actually would have done something for the poor mostly Blacks. As compared to the DNC and Hillary who are only interested in getting their votes.
If Obama had most of his policies held up in gridlock, I'm sure Bernie's radical ones will have passed one after another. :rolleyes:

Cal?

CR7 fan
Do all US presidents have statues of them somewhere? Will Trump have one of him erected somewhere using public money?

Could become known as a place for public urination and spit stop I guess.
Hopefully it's placed outside Trump Tower in NY.

entropy

Experience as what? Bill's wife?
I'm not sure how you see that as a strength. And the latter sector is debatable, as she was all for TPP while Sanders opposed it.
I'm not sure why that should be considered... we're talking about who is best for the job.
If you are gonna go down the "sexist" route. Then please carry on. I am not interested.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Has he referenced this before, or in speeches? Notwithstanding that it's completely false and never happened, how grim is it to hear a president keep repeating a story like that??
Also last year during the election campaign.

If it's a true story and did work back then, I doubt it would work now. If you believe terrorism is doing your Gods work, then surely a pleased God won't mind that you were buried in pigs skin?!

Drifter

American
Bob Corker as said Trump as hasn't shown competence needed. Personally i think he is beyond repair now. Trump is only six senates away from a Impeachment

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
The tens of million of Hillary supporters are just supposed to do what they're told to do like 9 years ago?

The vast majority of polls had Hillary winning the night before the election, and the vast majority of those had been correct for decades too, it's too simplistic to just pick one factor out. The fact remains that Hillary got millions more votes in the primaries.

This, well said sir!

If Obama had most of his policies held up in gridlock, I'm sure Bernie's radical ones will have passed one after another. :rolleyes:
The polls honestly were baffling. No one not even the candidates saw the outcome. So we need to ignore that.
The millions more votes was a combination of getting votes in primaries in Southern states she would never have won. So needs to be discounted. Also DNC tricks and underhand tactics, kicking many thousands of the electroll rolls in NY was a factor. The warning signs the DNC ignored were her losing to Bernie in the Midwest states of MN, WI and MI.

The key difference between Bernie and Obama...Bernie is white.
Sadly that remains a factor.
And Bernie was for issues that had general support like Education and Universal Health Care.

ChaddyP

So he ends a week of downplaying a terror attack by advocating a (seemingly fictional) war crime. Amazing scenes.
meanwhile we stop talking about russia for another week. The man's a smokes and mirrors king

adexkola

Supports
Nine years ago, when she lost the primary to a junior senator from Illinois? Because otherwise I'm not following your train of logic here.

If you followed the elections, Trump narrowly won the rust belt. I don't see Sander losing that battle in that region, not with the crowds he pulled, and his platform. His effectiveness as a president is another question entirely, but if your only fall back is the banks' support of Hillary and her popular vote win, then you're scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Status
Not open for further replies.