The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
I've just been reading about this. How the feck in this day and age are Televangelists still allowed to operate? Let alone have their own TV Channels? They are just con men preying on the weak and desperate. Mind you, the USA has fecked up laws when it comes to the churches and religious organisations. The fact they legally recognise Scientology as a religion should say it all really. It's all very sad and depressing when you read about how these cnuts prey on people. You do have to wonder though, they are all multi millionaires who live in huge palaces and mansions and all have private jets, yet people still send them money, many send their last few dollars out of each paycheque or pension etc. Truly depressing stuff.

langster

Scout

Didn't know where else to put this, as it happened when he was visiting Trumpy Wumpy woo woo. Good news, although I doubt anything will come of it.

langster

Scout

WOAH! So Tillerson and now Mattis have gone against Trump in the same week. He's not going to be happy. FFS, couldn't come at a worse time really though with the dude with the stupid hair provoking him and poking him with a stick all the time.

langster

Scout
Here's more people going against Trump's wishes! There's very noticeable trend of almost everybody ignoring Trump recently, especially on big decisions he's made in haste or ideas he's just plucked straight out of his arse.

Common sense and human decency prevails!

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Seems there is a conscious effort to marginalise Trump from within the administration.

langster

Scout

For fecks sake, how this mans mind works (or doesn't) It's disgusting. I'm sure someone couldn't give a shit if they become famous due to airtime because of helping during a hurricane and flooding disaster.

langster

Scout

It also seems that people are getting tired of his attention seeking bullshit and him making everything about him. With his low attendance rally last week and people leaving well before it finished, it does seem that the tide has really started to turn.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

WOAH! So Tillerson and now Mattis have gone against Trump in the same week. He's not going to be happy. FFS, couldn't come at a worse time really though with the dude with the stupid hair provoking him and poking him with a stick all the time.
Sounds good. Although oddly, I can't see this anywhere on the news tonight.

langster

Scout
Sounds good. Although oddly, I can't see this anywhere on the news tonight.
Really? How strange, mind you I think the news is rightly focusing on Harvey at the moment. It's all over Twitter though and coming from various news outlets, I've seen ABC, MSNBC and The Hill all quoting the story.

Trumpers will spin that to make it out like he parted the waters, stopped the rain, and walked on dry land
Yeah, sadly you're right. I just saw a Tweet from a Trump supporter who wrote something along the lines of "Harvey isn't due to climate change, hurricanes have been around for millions and millions of years since the Earth began" And he's being absolutely slaughtered for it with replies like. "Wow, didn't know you were an idiot creationist, I've lost all respect for you now" and "great reply, except the world is only 6,000 years old" and "the world is less than 10,000 years old, so how can hurricanes have been around for millions, you're worse than the fake news media" etc.......... It's just so damn depressing reading shit like that.

langster

Scout

And then there's this. This is just a cringefest. It's awful to watch and listen to, he's just so awkward and you can tell that empathy and sympathy just do not come naturally to him at all.

Last edited:

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam

And then there's this. This is just a cringefest. It's awful to watch and listen to, he's just so awkward and you can tell that empathy and sympathy just do not come naturally to him at all.

Really need a reporter to stop him and ask:
"... And WHYYYY exactly is it historic? ..... cough gulfofmexicoglobalwarming cough"

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
I've just been reading about this. How the feck in this day and age are Televangelists still allowed to operate? Let alone have their own TV Channels? They are just con men preying on the weak and desperate. Mind you, the USA has fecked up laws when it comes to the churches and religious organisations. The fact they legally recognise Scientology as a religion should say it all really. It's all very sad and depressing when you read about how these cnuts prey on people. You do have to wonder though, they are all multi millionaires who live in huge palaces and mansions and all have private jets, yet people still send them money, many send their last few dollars out of each paycheque or pension etc. Truly depressing stuff.
There is a really interesting John Oliver episode, where he talks about exactly that topic. They are rich, and they are cnuts.

Neutral

BTV

Why has the Tillerson decision been reported as some big breakaway from what Trump said/wanted?

This is what the Trump guidance/directive said -

The presidential guidance, which Trump signed on Friday, gave the defense secretary until Feb. 21 to submit a plan for implementing the new policy.
President Trump signed a long-awaited directive on Friday that precludes transgender individuals from joining the military but gives Defense Secretary Jim Mattis wide discretion in determining whether those already in the armed forces can continue to serve.

Mr. Mattis’s decisions will be based on several criteria, including military effectiveness and budgetary concerns, a senior White House official said in briefing reporters.
It gave him 6 months to create and implement a policy...he's simply taking that time. Not to mention, it explicitly gives him discretion as to whether those serving can continue to do so and also to act in a way that doesn't effect military 'effectiveness'.

Oscie

Yeah they'd be wise to listen to Jesus...

"Then Jesus said to him, “Put your sword back into its place. For all who take the sword will perish by the sword."
That's also the holding message when you call the Catholic Sexual Health Helpline

Carolina Red

Staff
There is a really interesting John Oliver episode, where he talks about exactly that topic. They are rich, and they are cnuts.

That fecking "Prosperity Gospel"

Whoever oppresses the poor to increase his own wealth, or gives to the rich, will only come to poverty. (Proverbs 22:16)

If people would just read their own book they'd know that those people were full of shit

Status
Not open for further replies.