The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Love Biden. He's 100% right here too, it's extremely scary the route America is currently going down. Surely even the backwards hillbillys don't believe that illegal immigrants brought here before they knew what was happening should be sent back? Crazy and saddening.

I used to want to work in America for a bit, but I just couldn't now. It's a horrible country.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Love Biden. He's 100% right here too, it's extremely scary the route America is currently going down. Surely even the backwards hillbillys don't believe that illegal immigrants brought here before they knew what was happening should be sent back? Crazy and saddening.

I used to want to work in America for a bit, but I just couldn't now. It's a horrible country.
:lol:

Lennon7

Don't believe what you see on TV. Come to the U.S. and decide for yourself.
I've been, they're a bit cringey in New York, Las Vegas is Vegas and LA was bonkers. San Fran was great but plagued with homelessness.

I'd dread to think what the southern states are like!

I'm only half being serious btw, obviously most Americans are fine. The country as a whole is definitely regressing socially though.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I don't think suggesting you'd not currently wish to be in America is in any way laughable, to be honest.

Drifter

American
Trump gives congress six months to come up with a plan. They come up with a deal similar to this one and Trump stamps his name on it.

DOTA

It's rather reactionary and a little daft to be perfectly honest. I'll be there again next month and can't wait.
In some cases it may be. In some cases it may not. If you've been uncomfortable with various things for a while and they've recently worsened significantly then it is not reactionary for recent matters to be the difference.

Nor is it ignoring any dramatic reasons not to visit for folks like yourself who've always felt comfortable there to continue to feel so. I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
I've been, they're a bit cringey in New York, Las Vegas is Vegas and LA was bonkers. San Fran was great but plagued with homelessness.

I'd dread to think what the southern states are like!

I'm only half being serious btw, obviously most Americans are fine. The country as a whole is definitely regressing socially though.
Florida is pretty good. We're not crazy like all the other southern states.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
In some cases it may be. In some cases it may not. If you've been uncomfortable with various things for a while and they've recently worsened significantly then it is not reactionary for recent matters to be the difference.

Nor is it ignoring any dramatic reasons not to visit for folks like yourself who've always felt comfortable there to continue to feel so. I'm sure you'll have a great time.
I can understand people of a certain ethnicity having concerns about how they may be treated, which is fecked up to even be something that needs to be thought about, but I would expect the vast majority to experience no issues.

I have friends and family living in various parts of the US; the politics is FUBAR for sure and plenty are suffering, but visiting will be no different now than it was under Bazza.

Florida Man

I've heard you can go confederate flag spotting around Jacksonville. Cowboy hats galore?
Lots of Dixie folks around Florida so you won't be surprised to find them around here. It's mostly the rural and small town areas. Cowboy hats are only a thing in country bars as far as I've seen. If @Billy Blaggs and I could live here, then it can't be so bad.

Lennon7

Lots of Dixie folks around Florida so you won't be surprised to find them around here. It's mostly the rural and small town areas. Cowboy hats are only a thing in country bars as far as I've seen. If @Billy Blaggs and I could live here, then it can't be so bad.
Haha I'm only messing. I'm sure Florida's great. You have to admit though there are a lot of terribly backwards places in the states, though

Florida Man

Haha I'm only messing. I'm sure Florida's great. You have to admit though there are a lot of terribly backwards places in the states, though
I was trying to get a laugh by ironically mentioning how uncrazy Florida is while having my location being what it is and mentioning that a fellow caf nutter lives here. I suppose I did not deliver.

On a serious note, lots of places in the US are backwards. I went to high school in northwest Florida where some teachers really believed that the world was close to coming to the end (because the Bible) and where some students wanted to assassinate Obama not even two months after he became president. The best places to check out are the metropolitan areas, where all the variety is. Of course, you already have your views on said places, so no point in taking the thread off topic even more.

Lennon7

I was trying to get a laugh by ironically mentioning how uncrazy Florida is while having my location being what it is and mentioning that a fellow caf nutter lives here. I suppose I did not deliver.

On a serious note, lots of places in the US are backwards. I went to high school in northwest Florida where some teachers really believed that the world was close to coming to the end (because the Bible) and where some students wanted to assassinate Obama not even two months after he became president. The best places to check out are the metropolitan areas, where all the variety is. Of course, you already have your views on said places, so no point in taking the thread off topic even more.
My bad, I'm on my phone so I can't see locations without clicking on your name!

Yeah I did really enjoy New York, San Fran and even LA and Vegas. As I said before I was only half being serious, I'd live in a metropolitan area anywhere in the north east or Cali, but I still think the states are socially regressing and it's gonna get a lot worse before it gets better in my opinion. The nutters are coming out of their shadow now Trump's been elected. When was the last time you've had serious problems with white supremacy and backwards views on immigration?

Fergies Gum

Credit to Kelly for blocking the move. Starting to make his presence be felt at the WH.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
:lol: For fecks sake. He's fecking insane! He's been banging on for weeks about kicking the dreamers out, alluding to it constantly for days and seemingly passing the buck by getting Congress to do his dirty work by putting the ball firmly in their court. Jeff Sessions publically comes out and says he will end DACA and the dreamers will be gone and now because of the obvious firestorm that has caused and the public outrage including companies like Apple and Microsoft firmly coming out against the decision, now Trump says he didn't mean it at all and wants Congress to legalise the Dreamers Act.

Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :houllier: :lol: I don't know if I should laugh or cry, what the hell those poor 800,000 people that would be affected by all this think and feel I don't know. They literally do not know if they are coming or going.

Last edited:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
:lol: For fecks sake. He's fecking insane! He's been banging on for weeks about kicking the dreamers out, alluding to it constantly for days and seemingly passing the buck by getting Congress to do his dirty work by putting the ball firmly in their court. Jeff Sessions publically comes out and says he will end DACA and the dreamers will be gone and now because of the obvious firestorm that has caused and the public outrage including companies like Apple and Microsoft firmly coming out against the decision, now Trump says he didn't mean it at all and wants Congress to legalise the Dreamers Act.

Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :houllier: :lol: I don't know if I should laugh or cry, what the hell those poor 800,000 people that would be affected by all this think and feel I don't know. They literally do not know if they are coming or going.
He's obviously spooked by the blowback from all of this...trying to talk out of both sides of his arse in a bizarre attempt to be liked.

langster

Scout
He's obviously spooked by the blowback from all of this...trying to talk out of both sides of his arse in a bizarre attempt to be liked.
Do you think it has anything to do with Obama's statement today? It seems oddly coincidental that he chooses today to Tweet this after his arch nemesis has for the first time, publically come out against something he has done or is planning to do.

https://www.facebook.com/barackobama/posts/10155227588436749

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Many times Dems themselves have used DACA as a bargaining chip for getting comprehensive immigration reform. Trump is probably under the impression that Democrats will have to negotiate on Mexico wall/more spending on anti immigration reforms to pass a law on DACA. There will be plenty of Republican moderate support to legislate for DACA as long as the hardliners are appeased with some carrots such as funding for wall.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Do you think it has anything to do with Obama's statement today? It seems oddly coincidental that he chooses today to Tweet this after his arch nemesis has for the first time, publically come out against something he has done or is planning to do.

I think he did it because politically, the walls are closing in on him and he's starting to make desperate policy decisions that appeal to the his base to keep them in line for as long as possible. Obviously if he loses his base he will be toast, as most GOP politicians would ignore him and he would have zero leverage during the lead up to a potential impeachment event.

langster

Scout
I think he did it because politically, the walls are closing in on him and he's starting to make desperate policy decisions that appeal to the his base to keep them in line for as long as possible. Obviously if he loses his base he will be toast, as most GOP politicians would ignore him and he would have zero leverage during the lead up to a potential impeachment event.
Yeah, I agree completely, but this DACA issue is something of a puzzle really. I'm not sure what his base actually think and feel about it at all? It really does seem as if it's split HIS base. The Republican base is divided on this one too. It's strange as to why he would even choose to pick this battle at all? As you say he's starting to make desperate decisions, but he's all over the place and I think he's just pissing off as many people as he's appeasing. He most certainly hasn't read The Art of War! @oates ;)

langster

Scout
http://www.inquisitr.com/4478161/sa...by-president-obama-name-2-times-laughs-video/

Bwaaaaaahahahaaa! That's just beautiful. Sarah Huckabee-Sanders calls Trump, President Obama by mistake. Priceless. Surely in this of all administrations, that is a sacking offence? You just know that would have pissed Trump off royally :lol:

As I have said Ad Nauseam this may be the most horrific and despicable administration of all time, but there really is never a dull moment with this bunch of clowns.

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
Yeah, I agree completely, but this DACA issue is something of a puzzle really. I'm not sure what his base actually think and feel about it at all? It really does seem as if it's split HIS base. The Republican base is divided on this one too. It's strange as to why he would even choose to pick this battle at all? As you say he's starting to make desperate decisions, but he's all over the place and I think he's just pissing off as many people as he's appeasing. He most certainly hasn't read The Art of War! @oates ;)
I'm convinced he has ADHD/ADD :)

DOTA

This is where I don't really understand the US system. The way things work the leader of the opposition essentially is Barack Obama, at present, who can't actually run.

Thus there is no actual opposition.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
What's the cool off period for past Presidents?

Or can Obama never go again because he got two terms/has already been Prez?

FéNaSeleção

Bingo. The GOP doesn't have his back, and the moment something gigantic happens (Mueller discovers something, etc) he'll have no one in his corner. He can only expect to divide the GOP base from the actual politicians and make it a President/People vs Entrenched Politicians debate - sadly, he's been doing that since the campaign trail and his base stays loyal. He's been saying he's an advocate for the 'normal folks' long enough, doesn't matter if he really isn't. His own party can disagree with him all they want, as long as these clueless idiots keep playing the xenophobic card they will feed off each others energy. It's gross.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Florida is pretty good. We're not crazy like all the other southern states.
How do you explain the phenomenon of Florida Man?

https://www.reddit.com/r/FloridaMan/

Everything I've read about Florida suggests it's a hellhole. Packed full of tourists combined with rednecks combined with humidity and hurricanes.

Of course that'll probably be entirely wrong but still.

Honestly I don't really want to visit the US at the minute, I don't believe that it isn't in some way exactly how it's currently portrayed and that's enough to put me off, even if the chances of it being like that are minute to say the least. I've wanted to go for years and go from coast to coast but I just really can't think of it, or the people positively at the minute.

Sad I know and I'm willing to hold my hands up and admit I wouldn't know unless I went but that's the power of what's going on over there at the minute. Trump truly sickens me to my core and I don't want any part of something he controls.

FéNaSeleção

How do you explain the phenomenon of Florida Man?

https://www.reddit.com/r/FloridaMan/

Everything I've read about Florida suggests it's a hellhole. Packed full of tourists combined with rednecks combined with humidity and hurricanes.

Of course that'll probably be entirely wrong but still.

Honestly I don't really want to visit the US at the minute, I don't believe that it isn't in some way exactly how it's currently portrayed and that's enough to put me off, even if the chances of it being like that are minute to say the least. I've wanted to go for years and go from coast to coast but I just really can't think of it, or the people positively at the minute.

Sad I know and I'm willing to hold my hands up and admit I wouldn't know unless I went but that's the power of what's going on over there at the minute. Trump truly sickens me to my core and I don't want any part of something he controls.
There's many parts of Florida. Northern Florida, for example, is known for being full of rednecks. But go to any decent size city and there will be plenty of diversity. The beaches to the east of Orlando, down to Cocoa Beach and near NASA, are beautiful and normally vacant - Many places get no tourists, and the people who do live there are old and keep to themselves. I spent a whole week in a residential/suburban town outside of Melbourne and I rarely saw a soul on the beach.

As with everything, I urge people hesitant about visiting the US to check it out - So many incredible places and people. I currently live in South America and the things that pass here on the news in relation to the US are strange - they make it seem like a war-zone full of hicks. It's not bad at all.

And as a voting block, Florida is somewhat unique. A mix of so many different people, ages, religions, nationalities.

Status
Not open for further replies.