The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
'Relative' is used correctly, I think - she means that she tries to emulate his long working hours, even if it's only a token gesture at heart.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Small Montana firm lands Puerto Rico’s biggest contract to get the power back on

The company acknowledges it had only two full-time employees when Maria struck but says its business model calls for ramping up rapidly by hiring workers on short-term contracts.
Whitefish Energy is based in Whitefish, Mont., the home town of Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke. Its chief executive, Andy Techmanski, and Zinke acknowledge knowing one another — but only, Zinke’s office said in an email, because Whitefish is a small town where “everybody knows everybody.” One of Zinke’s sons “joined a friend who worked a summer job” at one of Techmanski’s construction sites, the email said. Whitefish said he worked as a “flagger.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...6288544af98_story.html?utm_term=.ff9e0819aadf

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Besides, I'm just relieved that Ivan Ivanka didn't talk about 'such as...maps...for U.S. Americans'.

Fergies Gum

Just seen the Corker interview :eek:. Remarkable to see a senior GOP senator be so critical of a Republican president.

ChaddyP

Just seen the Corker interview :eek:. Remarkable to see a senior GOP senator be so critical of a Republican president.
Remarkable to see any senator say those things. Those comments you probably may hear from a democratic congressman from cali. Amazing stuff

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Its pretty obvious that this is a desperate attempt to obfuscate from the central issue of Russia helping Trump. There was a GOP house when this was originally looked into a few years back and no action was taken. Now when Trump is slowly sinking they magically whip this up.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Hm. With the Hill article, then the Podesta stuff, and now this, it looks like a steady amount of leaks pointing in one direction. This investigation isn't going to be very comfortable for the Clinton camp. :)

Fergies Gum

Looks like some coordination is going on here. Cant just be a coincidence that these investigations are being announced within an hour of each other.

JSArsenal

I think that Trump's presidency could turn out to be a good thing for Republicans, even if he is impeached. I can see the next Republican candidate and Republicans in general gaining a lot of moderate voters, including Democrats by simply being Anti-Trump and stating that his rhetoric and proposals do not reflect the "Real Republican Party." Although I'd argue that Trump's views are exactly in line with theirs, he is just a lot more overt in his desire to feck over everyone who isn't rich, male and white.

I mean just look at the praise the likes of Bob Corker and John Mccain have received from simply bashing Trump despite the former supporting a plan to end Medicare and has lent his support to the war in the middle east in the past. In my view simply being anti-Trump does not make one a good politician with the right views but for a lot of Americans it just might be.

Most trump supporters are Republicans first or Anti-Democrats first so they won't vote for a democratic candidate anyway.

This is all a mute point if democrats can find a younger version of Sanders to energize their supporters and independents but that is looking unlikely at the moment.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

He's doing this with two goals in mind:

1. Target the Democrats with an investigation for whubbism purposes - Brietbart, Fox et al will fill their shows and columns with stories about this investigation rather than the Election/Russia Investigation which will shield conservative supporters from any news they don't want them to hear and fill them up with stories of Liberal conspiracies.
2. Direct resources away from the Election/Russia investigation - specifically man power.
3. As the current Investigation is incredibly partisan, you can expect this one to be as well and Nunes and co will be looking to leverage whatever they can from one investigation with the other.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
At this point, I think Muller is probably now the most important man in the world.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
They voted for him. No "Poor America" from me. Let them get that they voted for. For the past 8 years the black guy was trying to destroy America...or so they say.
Actually about 19% of American's voted for Trump but please do continue to tar them all with the same brush. Not to mention all the people who had their vote suppressed.

diarm

'Relative' is used correctly, I think - she means that she tries to emulate his long working hours, even if it's only a token gesture at heart.
'Albeit' isn't that far off either. The syntax isn't quite right but she's saying that they all have breakfast together as a family, albeit with Jared grabbing toast and running out the door.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Hey genius, more of us didn't than did.
I had so many people apologise for him completely unprompted whilst we were over there last week mate. As soon as they heard our accents it was like they felt obliged to tell us they hadn't voted for him and not all Americans are like that. I really feel for you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.