The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Its charlatans like this that enable Trump to continue his intimidation by tweet campaign.

diarm

Its charlatans like this that enable Trump to continue his intimidation by tweet campaign.

To be fair, and I am as anti-Trump as anyone, this guy is just trying to do his job and not be drawn into a soundbite.

Blitzer is trying to drag him into a row where little will be achieved. I don't know much about the guy but I'm sure there are good guys in the Senate and in Congress who are looking at the situation and thinking; "Yes the guy is a pillock but I have my own agenda and things I want to achieve, for the country or for my constituents. I can't achieve those by resigning in protest or spending all my time slinging mud on twitter with an orange idiot".

Raoul

Admin
Staff
To be fair, and I am as anti-Trump as anyone, this guy is just trying to do his job and not be drawn into a soundbite.

Blitzer is trying to drag him into a row where little will be achieved. I don't know much about the guy but I'm sure there are good guys in the Senate and in Congress who are looking at the situation and thinking; "Yes the guy is a pillock but I have my own agenda and things I want to achieve, for the country or for my constituents. I can't achieve those by resigning in protest or spending all my time slinging mud on twitter with an orange idiot".
Many of them take this position - except of course Flake and Corker, who will be remembered as standing up and doing the right thing. The rest of them who attempted to slither away from conflict with Trump will be remembered as enablers. Much as with Corker, who Trump briefly considered as SecState and VP, Trump will eventually turn on each of these Senators if they dare oppose him on any front.

diarm

Many of them take this position - except of course Flake and Corker, who will be remembered as standing up and doing the right thing. The rest of them who attempted to slither away from conflict with Trump will be remembered as enablers. Much as with Corker, who Trump briefly considered as SecState and VP, Trump will eventually turn on each of these Senators if they dare oppose him on any front.
You're right he will. But unless everyone stands up an opposes him at the same time, will anything be achieved by dribs and drabs of politicians walking out on him? Eventually it might get rid and everyone will be better off but there's a whole lot of nothing which will get done before that happens.

I'd say some of these guys are just trying to go about their day jobs, trying to get done what they can and hoping (not without cause) that Trump will do enough to get himself removed from the Whitehouse on his own.

Nogbadthebad

You're right he will. But unless everyone stands up an opposes him at the same time, will anything be achieved by dribs and drabs of politicians walking out on him? Eventually it might get rid and everyone will be better off but there's a whole lot of nothing which will get done before that happens.

I'd say some of these guys are just trying to go about their day jobs, trying to get done what they can and hoping (not without cause) that Trump will do enough to get himself removed from the Whitehouse on his own.
Their main job is to uphold the constitution.

By NOT holding trump to account, they are failing that duty every second of every day. In fact, many of them are actively helping him bypass the constitution. The only question ultimately, is whether then end up at the end of a lampost or a prison cell. Because I can't see how this situation is resolved without either a successful legal operation or an uprising.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
I know, but you have more chances to form a stable government with this system rather than with a proportional.
The traditional game theory argument in favor of a two-party system is that it allegedly systematically incentivizes both candidates to move towards the center to attract more votes.

But currently I would argue the combination of 24 hour news cycle and hyper partisan echo chambers on social media that reduce cross cutting cleavages in society lead to incentives for neither candidate of either party to move towards the center.

Also I would argue that "stable" should not be the most important goal of a government system but rather a tertiary goal. Dictatorships and authoritarian regimes can be "stable" but also highly illiberal and undemocratic.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Sounds like a bit of diversion to me. As in, "See, we tried to talk to Wikileaks but they rebuffed us so there was no collusion with them".

All the while its clear Stone, Farage, and others were talking to the likes of Gucifer and Assange.

Il Prete Rosso

Prete, the Italian Pete
It's only the right thing when they've actually started voting against him and his agenda. They can call him all sorts of names on twitter and the Senate floor but if they continue voting with him, what was the point really?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
It's only the right thing when they've actually started voting against him and his agenda. They can call him all sorts of names on twitter and the Senate floor but if they continue voting with him, what was the point really?
They are not going to vote against his agenda since many of Trump's agenda policies overlap with theirs, so they are likely to vote with him to varying degrees on health care, tax reform etc. What does make a difference is standing up to his bullying and setting an example for other Senators to follow suit - that will in turn put a lot of pressure on Trump because he may lose votes on his agenda that way.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
The traditional game theory argument in favor of a two-party system is that it allegedly systematically incentivizes both candidates to move towards the center to attract more votes.

But currently I would argue the combination of 24 hour news cycle and hyper partisan echo chambers on social media that reduce cross cutting cleavages in society lead to incentives for neither candidate of either party to move towards the center.

Also I would argue that "stable" should not be the most important goal of a government system but rather a tertiary goal. Dictatorships and authoritarian regimes can be "stable" but also highly illiberal and undemocratic.
I agree, just pointing out the differences between the 2 systems. Stability without an alternative is dangerous.

Charlie Foley

Literally the first I’ve heard of the ‘broken system’ of voting was 08 Nov 2016...
Convenient of you to say that! People have been complaining about it for a long time. You're either oblivious until it suits or else you're lying here!

On your UKIP point, that is a deflection regarding issues with the system they have in the UK (which I see issues with too!) but saying well system B has problems too why are we talking about system A being a mess is intellectual cowardice.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
:houllier:

I genuinely don't understand a psyche that always needs to impress on people that they are the best at everything and in every way. Do we think he actually believes it himself, or is it some learned behaviour to put up a front that always screams bravado?

Drifter

American
He looked full of it today .Feels vindicated about the Russia investigation ,CNN all over him and Trump supporters flipping the Russian collusion on the DNC

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Trump's surrogates were liaising with a Russian lawyer to get dirt on Clinton.
Democrats paid a British spy (with Russian connections) to get dirt on Trump.

Past US Election was one grand joke played on people of America. I bet Putin is laughing his ass off in Moscow.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea

Past US Election was one grand joke played on people of America. I bet Putin is laughing his ass off in Moscow.
What are these 'connections' that Christopher Steele has with Russia? Other than spying on them?

Charlie Foley

I love it when Paz decides it's been long enough since he was last shown up in this thread and comes back talking nonsense again.
Personal highlight of mine too. It's good of him to entertain the rest of us this way.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

They used Fusion GPS, a Washington based strategic intelligence firm. Naturally, Fusion GPS have international sources.

Democrats paid US Intel firm who used British Spy who collected info from Russian Sources.

That’s how intel works... by all means keep stretching though :wenger:

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Trumpians at their finest, channeling that inner conspiratard. This person has nearly 5,000 "friends" and appears the post reaches a wider audience. Dangerous.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1469146259
Just got off the phone with a friend, looks like the new black panthers organization has confirmed they will be part of nov 4th riots and chaos, BLM has just received almost 25 million for weapons and other tools to supply groups that plan to attack " white people " on nov 4th. It is expected there will be over 5 million people in 6 states. The FBI has seen a 1200% up tick in registered democrats buying weapons and mass ammunition. The group called ANTIFA has now reached just over 800,000 members, mostly kids with ages from 16-28 throughout the country. FB will be used as the most cost effective way to transmit locations to attack. Ms-13 has pledged all of there members will join the BLM along with many other gangs.

We have less time then you may think and it is possible the attacks may begin on halloween night around 12 midnight. I have heard of reports that president Trump is very aware of what is going to happen and knows Oscumba is directly behind this with the clintons. Most of us are aware of the corruption that has been going on and to be honest the democrats know what's coming and have no choice other then destroy this country to avoid being prosecuted for what they have done. Truth be told they never figured Trump would win and would rather destroy this country then face what they have done. Trillions of dollars have been spent to change the face of this country, please patriots as of next week you should really consider leaving big city's if you are white or a patriot.

A source has told me that Trump has deputized over 4 million military people and are training with special forces. He also may make a public speech asking the militias and patriots to stand down and not get involved as they will not be able to tell who is on who's side. I would use the standard code of preserve and protect your property and family. I truly never thought this could happen in this country, but as I look around the world and see wars everywhere and civil unrest in many country's I guess it can happen here. I will tell you this I will be heading for West Virginia on nov1 as I will be with good strong patriots.

My final thought is if you can escape out of the big city's and be with friends that weekend I would strongly suggest you strongly consider it. My motto is simple, better safe then dead. I pray many of you listen and take this as real as it gets. Like I said in the past, they NWO will not have mercy on anyone...good luck America
Thank You Bobby Cipriani

Silva

Democrats paid US Intel firm who used British Spy who collected info from Russian Sources.
Glenn Simpson, who hired Christorpher Steele, was hired by other republicans during the primaries. He hasn't revealed who his clients were when the Dossier was being compiled but it was likely the same republican(s).

MrMarcello

Many of them take this position - except of course Flake and Corker, who will be remembered as standing up and doing the right thing (but voting along with their party 95% of the time). The rest of them who attempted to slither away from conflict with Trump will be remembered as enablers. Much as with Corker, who Trump briefly considered as SecState and VP, Trump will eventually turn on each of these Senators if they dare oppose him on any front.
You left something out...

MrMarcello

I genuinely don't understand a psyche that always needs to impress on people that they are the best at everything and in every way. Do we think he actually believes it himself, or is it some learned behaviour to put up a front that always screams bravado?
It's surely a deep insecurity that reverts back to his early childhood. My guess is his father was an uber asshole and Trump did anything and everything to impress him/garner attention/seek affirmation only to be ignored, shunned, or you can do better.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
There is plenty of wrong with him that's for sure. I don't think hes ever been diagnosed with anything, but if a shrink actually could dig beneath that piss stained hair of his, i bet they would find narcissistic personality disorder, megalomania and a great deal of stupidity

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
When Muller subpeonas Devin Nunes, he'll probably flip on everyone. Like The Joker says in TDK you can spot a squealer when you see one.

Billy Blaggs

Flacco of the Blaggs tribe
Trumpians at their finest, channeling that inner conspiratard. This person has nearly 5,000 "friends" and appears the post reaches a wider audience. Dangerous.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1469146259
Just got off the phone with a friend, looks like the new black panthers organization has confirmed they will be part of nov 4th riots and chaos, BLM has just received almost 25 million for weapons and other tools to supply groups that plan to attack " white people " on nov 4th. It is expected there will be over 5 million people in 6 states. The FBI has seen a 1200% up tick in registered democrats buying weapons and mass ammunition. The group called ANTIFA has now reached just over 800,000 members, mostly kids with ages from 16-28 throughout the country. FB will be used as the most cost effective way to transmit locations to attack. Ms-13 has pledged all of there members will join the BLM along with many other gangs.

We have less time then you may think and it is possible the attacks may begin on halloween night around 12 midnight. I have heard of reports that president Trump is very aware of what is going to happen and knows Oscumba is directly behind this with the clintons. Most of us are aware of the corruption that has been going on and to be honest the democrats know what's coming and have no choice other then destroy this country to avoid being prosecuted for what they have done. Truth be told they never figured Trump would win and would rather destroy this country then face what they have done. Trillions of dollars have been spent to change the face of this country, please patriots as of next week you should really consider leaving big city's if you are white or a patriot.

A source has told me that Trump has deputized over 4 million military people and are training with special forces. He also may make a public speech asking the militias and patriots to stand down and not get involved as they will not be able to tell who is on who's side. I would use the standard code of preserve and protect your property and family. I truly never thought this could happen in this country, but as I look around the world and see wars everywhere and civil unrest in many country's I guess it can happen here. I will tell you this I will be heading for West Virginia on nov1 as I will be with good strong patriots.

My final thought is if you can escape out of the big city's and be with friends that weekend I would strongly suggest you strongly consider it. My motto is simple, better safe then dead. I pray many of you listen and take this as real as it gets. Like I said in the past, they NWO will not have mercy on anyone...good luck America
Thank You Bobby Cipriani
Good God!!

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Can't he even pay insincere lip-service to a murdered President?

Status
Not open for further replies.