The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
What do you think the chances of this are? I know it's tradition that the President's party lose the house in the second term. Combine that with Trump's approval ratings being super low but I can't help but think that his supporters are going to do everything they can to get his men into the House while Republicans in general will support their candidate because they know how fatal it could be to the Republican Party if the Democrats gain control of the House while Trump is in power.

I think that's going to be quite hard to beat.
Much of it depends on how the GOP fare in congress for the next 12 months in terms of passing their agenda and/or Trump's agenda. If they fail to pass what they ran on, Trump continues to act like a baby and the Russia investigation continues to erode his support then there's a good chance they will lose the House. The Senate, despite being tighter right now, looks to likely remain GOP since there are some key Dem seats up for reelection next year. But still, gaining one of the two houses would be a massive gain if the Dems can pull it off.

Carolina Red

Staff
The problem is most can't handle the math behind the Roth vs 401k, and If there's no immediate incentive they won't bother and think they can always catch up later missing out on the key component of retirement returns... the benefit of time and compound interest.
Yep, the article gets into that

Il Prete Rosso

Prete, the Italian Pete
Much of it depends on how the GOP fare in congress for the next 12 months in terms of passing their agenda and/or Trump's agenda. If they fail to pass what they ran on, Trump continues to act like a baby and the Russia investigation continues to erode his support then there's a good chance they will lose the House. The Senate, despite being tighter right now, looks to likely remain GOP since there are some key Dem seats up for reelection next year. But still, gaining one of the two houses would be a massive gain if the Dems can pull it off.
Dems are losers. They don't know how to fight dirty like Republicans. They stood by and allowed Republicans to gerrymander and pass a bunch of voter suppressing laws all over the country while Republicans sold out their constituents and state for 30 pieces of silver.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
If Trump fires Mueller, the Nixon parallel will be complete. And based on the evidence, we know he's dumb enough to do it. At a certain point he'll feel threatened enough to do something drastic, no matter the public reaction. The alternative is likely jail. He's obviously not the type to go down with the ship. He'll sell out who he needs to (even his kids I'd guess) and resign first before letting Mueller & Co expose everything. Then it's just a matter of pinning blame on everyone else for a witch hunt, which is what he's best at.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
If that's accurate no wonder they treat Obama like a God
The number in 2008 was about 5%, and it has increased steadily since. But it really shot up in the last 2 years, when liberal papers started carrying articles about Bush as a painter, and then the Obamas and then the Clintons publicly embraced him. It is precisely the Dems' fault that the guy almost directly responsible for most of the mess the world is in today, is now popular among the opposition.
It is very telling that independents dislike him more than Democrats do.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I meant the secret documents about Kennedy's death.
It's the classified documents relating to the investigation. It's not yet known what is in them although as @Raoul has been saying, it will be nothing juicy otherwise it would have leaked ages ago.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
It's not really progress when they don't give a shit.
Not to mention that the "sometimes" is probably reflective of people who think all politicians tell lies and that the odd distorted fact is just part and parcel of politics.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
Just watching the Beeb and there is an American bloke on there saying these files are not going to be released today....there is still some paperwork to be done on them.

They’ve had 25 years to sort this out.....
Based on the decision in 1992 they probably need Trump to sign a few things and he will drag it out for a distraction.

Member 5225

To be fair @Fearless fills in quite capably whenever he is on hiatus.
@Fearless is like a very angry @Paz
And yet neither is at all willing to give their own personal views on the subject.
Thing is, I mainly do it for a laugh and to provoke a reaction; to balance the tone, play the devil's advocate etc. He's pretty mental, I agree, but instead of harping on about shit like Bloombery, Gates (who I love!), Zuckerburg, etc etc - he got up and did it!

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Thing is, I mainly do it for a laugh and to provoke a reaction; to balance the tone, play the devil's advocate etc. He's pretty mental, I agree, but instead of harping on about shit like Bloombery, Gates (who I love!), Zuckerburg, etc etc - he got up and did it!
It never reads like that. You always sound provocative from a position of ignorance in this thread. Normally followed by a wave of doubling down.

Member 5225

It never reads like that. You always sound provocative from a position of ignorance in this thread. Normally followed by a wave of doubling down.
Hypocrisy gets to me: 'omg Trump is so arrogant he did blah blah blah' but 'oh Hillary is always discriminated against, always conspiracies against her' etc etc.

If I genuinely actually cared about it intensely I'd probably spend wayyy more time debating / fighting!

Fergies Gum

CNN reporting that Trump personally asked for the gag order on the FBI informant to be lifted.

Not surprised he did this as Fox & other conservative media have repeatedly in the past week or so been mentioning that the FBI informant was under a gag order.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Hypocrisy gets to me: 'omg Trump is so arrogant he did blah blah blah' but 'oh Hillary is always discriminated against, always conspiracies against her' etc etc.

If I genuinely actually cared about it intensely I'd probably spend wayyy more time debating / fighting!
You do realise a ton of people here can't stand Hilary and think she was a bit of a shit candidate, right? Thinking she was better than Trump hardly equates to liking her.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States

Because we all know that whenever Trump gets called out on anything we can always count on the "but Hillary is.....". Trump is President, Hillary isn't so she has feck all to do with the complete mess he is making of his Presidency.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
You can bet your ass if Hillary were president when this Niger thing happened the GOP would be holding hearings immediately and calls for impeachment echoing around the talk radio, Fox News, and Republican landscape.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
FFS he's literally just openly admitted he's a WUM.

Ignore him. He should be removed from the thread to be honest.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
You can bet your ass if Hillary were president when this Niger thing happened the GOP would be holding hearings immediately and calls for impeachment echoing around the talk radio, Fox News, and Republican landscape.
The double standards is just baffling to be honest. They had so little to take Obama on so they had to invent nonsense like Obama=Osama? and all that rage about his birth certificate. And when he did do something wrong, it was stuff like wearing a tan suit which is just totally unacceptable

Status
Not open for further replies.