The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
What are y'all watching? Not asking for a link, just if there's any context to his offerings.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
But drugs don't kill people. People kill people. Let the drugs in legally Drumpf.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
"Maybe if drug addicts had drugs...um...there'd be no more drug deaths...um...USA!"

Raoul

Admin
Staff
This is the most tepid endorsement I've ever seen from Trump, even more half-hearted than what he did for Luther Strange. I think Trump knows this guy may lose and doesn't want a repeat of the Strange and Roy Moore scenarios.

Loublaze

ATLien
His impression of a 'presidential' president was pretty disrespectful IMO considering the actual things he was saying.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel

Hmmm trade war with Europe looming... this will be interesting as I don't think the eu will back down... especially in the middle of all the brexit arguments.
Europe has absolutely no reason to back down and this gives China another opportunity to swoop in and establish trade routes into Europe.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Europe has absolutely no reason to back down and this gives China another opportunity to swoop in and establish trade routes into Europe.
Indeed actually as I see it several reasons not to back down
1. Trumps unpopularity means likely domestic political backlash for people who tried to deal with him
2. Not being seen to deal with populist right wing movements which inherently undermine the union
3. Brexit and the principals set out by the eu
4. It's at best spurious to use the security reason to impose tariffs and probably the eu is on strong legal footing under wto rules if they want to file a complaint
So yeah really don't see them doing anything other than saying they are happy to negotiate ttip on the same basis they always were

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal

Hmmm trade war with Europe looming... this will be interesting as I don't think the eu will back down... especially in the middle of all the brexit arguments.
Because some of your products aren't as good as ours. It's easy to understand.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Europe actually has more reasons to back down than the US. The deficit is in Europe's favor by about $160 billion.
That doesn't mean much. EU buys weapons from the US made on the steel it exports. There are entire farming communities in the midwest that are reliant on exports to EU. They can hit harder than the US can endure.

They have other options including dealing directly with Mexico and South American countries for agricultural imports which they haven't cultivated owing to established trade routes with the US. Which is why every economist worth his salt is suggesting this could have consequences for the long term.

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
That car argument is so stupid. Yes, the EU taxes imports at 10% while the US does at 2.5%. However, that’s purely cars: excluded are vans, SUV‘s and pickup trucks, which make up almost 2/3rds of sales in the US. Those are taxed at ... 25%. Tell me more about those unfair tariffs Donald.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout

He's in full attack mode today. Is he deflecting all the negative press surrounding his insane rally last night? Or is he try g to cause a diversion from more bad news ready to drop?

Who knows with this cnut and tbh I don't really care anymore. The man is insane. Absolutely batshit.

Mike Schatner

Devil's advocnut

He's in full attack mode today. Is he deflecting all the negative press surrounding his insane rally last night? Or is he try g to cause a diversion from more bad news ready to drop?

Who knows with this cnut and tbh I don't really care anymore. The man is insane. Absolutely batshit.
At least we are in total agreement on some things ;)

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I reckon this only would be for enormous amounts of drugs?

Doesn't those guys get like 150 years + 4 life sentences anyway, so no chance for or will to reintroduce them to society?

Might as well top them when they've got no future outside of 23hours a day inside a Supermax cell.
I've said this before, but I'd rather take cyanide than spend the rest of my life in a Supermax. And it's inhumane to deny me that option.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Also, Rasmussen's methodology is generally not accepted among most mainstream media since they are known to lean a bit right.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
The scary thing is 40% approve :nervous:
He's always going to vacilate between 35-45% imo. Fox, Talk Radio, and Breitbart will always keep their flock in line no matter what Mueller finds. If he was to dip in the high 20s then that would be a sign that things are about to fall apart for him.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
He even mentioned tv ratings in his speech today...the gonk.

Nucks

RT History Department

I don't think Trump really understands that the US economy transitioned from production in like the 1960's, and it is now absolutely 100% dependent on foreign imports of raw materials and finished products.

Worst case scenario is the EU, China and Canada deciding to forge new trade deals with each other in response to these actions. The Donald must be counting on the cost of doing business with Canada being so much more inherently lower due to no shipping required, that Canada will just take abusive trade policies on the chin. I guess that's a pretty likely scenario, because Canada has been taking it up the arse from the US on trade policies for decades lol. From a massively subsidized US agricultural sector gaining unfair competitive advantages in NAFTA, to the US lumber industry complaining (incorrectly) about the Canadian softwood lumber industry getting subsidized (it doesn't). Canada tends to just take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.