The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Pelosi's situation with the Democrats right now reminds me of the Sopranos scene where Tony comes back after being shot, picks the biggest guy in the room and beats the shit out of him to prove he's still the boss.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Problem is how insulated Trump is. He could care less about those impacted because he thinks they're not his base. And everyone left in the white house is there to tell him brightly the sun shines out of his ass.

Have to hope pressure builds on GOP senators, but even most of them are there at the behest of corporate donors. So I'm not sure how pressure builds on anyone but the dems, because they try to govern for the people.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
He really is stupid.
Say Pelosi wants to give him the money. Do you think she is going to plead with her caucus?
Does he therefore expect her to throw her own members under the bus? So he can say he can give her Republican votes?

Stupid is too kind a word for this guy.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
My concern is that there is yet another mass shooting but it's made out to be committed by an immigrant who crossed the border due to lack of wall. That'd be a perfect little rhetoric that the abhorrent Trump would gladly endorse to further fuel his base.

Hope to god that doesn't happen.

Red Defence

“United stands for attacking, attractive football
He really is stupid.
Say Pelosi wants to give him the money. Do you think she is going to plead with her caucus?
Does he therefore expect her to throw her own members under the bus? So he can say he can give her Republican votes?

Stupid is too kind a word for this guy.
He expects to get his own way. Don’t think he considers it any deeper than that. He just can’t bear to back down or worse still...lose.

Red Dreams

He expects to get his own way. Don’t think he considers it any deeper than that. He just can’t bear to back down or worse still...lose.
Obviously he has no concept of the politics of the situation.
But what happened to his Republican congress?
They should be advising him of the reality of the situation.

Do they and Trump understand what this last election was about?

What a stupid fecking party.

Red Dreams

He probably is moving to declaring a state of emergency and taking funds from the military for his wall.
This will inevitably go to the SC.
If it does, he will fail but it may satisfy his base.

Reality Check:

There already is 1.3 billion for border security in the bill he refuses to bring to a vote.
He cannot spend 5.6 billion in a short time....err at least I don't think so.

Why not work towards getting the rest later?

My thoughts are that he is trying to deflect from the incoming Mueller Report...pretty soon.

He is doomed.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
I’d give him the 5.7billion if I were the democrats, then sit back and enjoy watching the Trump admin making arses of themselves trying to get the wall built.

ChaddyP

I’d give him the 5.7billion if I were the democrats, then sit back and enjoy watching the Trump admin making arses of themselves trying to get the wall built.

funny part is i dont even think trump wants the wall. he just wants the fight over the wall.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
He'd turn that around on them and the base would lap it up.

"They're weak. They just approved 5.7 Billion dollars and it got wasted. Sad"

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
funny part is i dont even think trump wants the wall. he just wants the fight over the wall.
Pretty much his entire Presidency in a nutshell: no desire to actually do the hard work to implement what he supposedly believes in, but an enjoyment of the spectacle the attention given to him creates.

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
Where to start? Probably because walls don't work.

Nothing you have mentioned will stop if a wall was built. The majority of drugs come in from air, sea or down from Canada. The trafficking won't stop either as many come in via the same routes as the drugs.

There are things called ladders and tunnels too.

Let's not forget the real reason he wants the wall, it's purely down to racism.

Also, show me where border patrol officers and authorities unanimously think a wall will help, because I think that statement is bollocks and probably something pulled from Breitbart or Fox News.
Did you not see the official National Border Patrol Council come out in favour of the wall just a few days ago?

In return can I ask you for proof that most illegal immigrants are trafficked through air, sea and via Canada?

If a wall wouldn't work why did the Democrats vote through 700 miles of border in 2006, and why did the Obama administration want to add additional barriers in 2009 on the remaining 1300 miles at $7bn? Why does the Israel/Egyptian wall work so well, why has anyone in the history of mankind ever bothered to build a wall? It obviously wouldn't stop all illegal movement but don't deny that it would push expenses and difficulty levels for illegal operators towards levels that are unsustainable. Or that $5bn isn't a ludicrous sum in the overall context of the USA's financial power.

Let's face it, this isn't a wall thing. This is another liberal I don't like Trump thing.

iKnowNothing

Already someone said on twitter a TSA Agent said they gave no crap if the passenger takes out their laptop or not, this is a perfect opportunity for uh an opportunist terrorist to really stick it to the USA/Trump.
I'm guessing that would be the best outcome for Trump. Should something happen, he is not going to wait for a second to declare emergency and start bombing the "$hithole countries".

ravi2

Did you not see the official National Border Patrol Council come out in favour of the wall just a few days ago?

In return can I ask you for proof that most illegal immigrants are trafficked through air, sea and via Canada?

If a wall wouldn't work why did the Democrats vote through 700 miles of border in 2006, and why did the Obama administration want to add additional barriers in 2009 on the remaining 1300 miles at $7bn? Why does the Israel/Egyptian wall work so well, why has anyone in the history of mankind ever bothered to build a wall? It obviously wouldn't stop all illegal movement but don't deny that it would push expenses and difficulty levels for illegal operators towards levels that are unsustainable. Or that $5bn isn't a ludicrous sum in the overall context of the USA's financial power.

Let's face it, this isn't a wall thing. This is another liberal I don't like Trump thing.

Do you really think it can get built for anything even remotely close to 5B?

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
Pretty much his entire Presidency in a nutshell: no desire to actually do the hard work to implement what he supposedly believes in, but an enjoyment of the spectacle the attention given to him creates.
In agreement here. I doubt he gives a shit about borders, immigration, Mexico....even the USA itself. What he cares about is himself, his wealth, the power he holds and being seen "to win". And he also knows that the shutdown and the wall debate creates a massive spectacle that deflects public attention away from the various ongoing investigations.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout

The National Border Patrol Council? :lol: say no more...

Have you not seen the proof that the majority of illegals in the USA come via air and overstay their visas? It's literally only been mentioned 100 times a day on every network and in every paper.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/924316002

Obama was wrong too, as is anyone campaigning for a wall. Most walls in history haven't worked, except ones holding houses up. We have evolved since then and shouldn't need them, and don't need them, they don't work. $5bn won't even cover 1/5 of the wall. Trump doesn't want one anyway, he just wants the fight and the distraction to deflect from his numerous other problems.

This has nothing to do with it being Trump, only that it is him causing all this shit. If it was Obama doing the same I would be equally against it.

Oh, I'm not a liberal.

Last edited:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The fact that he's not willing to talk about DACA shows he's not interested in a wall. He's interested in the fight.

Il Prete Rosso

Prete, the Italian Pete

70% of illegal immigrants in the US are Visa overstays. Most illegal immigrants in the US came in legally. It may not be what you'd like to hear but let's not argue over facts here. And please get off your high horse about "don't like Trump thing". Where were you between 2008 and 2016?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

You're terribly miss informed. The vast majority of illegal immigrants in the US came in legally.

Last edited:

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Trump wants a fight, any fight, so people aren't talking about his investigation. And it's working, literally days ago it was revealed his campaign manager shared polling data with Russian intelligence.

Which would be a big deal and dominate news except...oh yeah he's creating a bigger story.

As to the nature of the fight, it fits in with his main tool: fear the others. And his other tool, Stephen Miller.

Personally I think he's clocked the first point and will use a national emergency to keep the sheep looking away from the Mueller case.

ChaddyP

The wall won't work because people have been using 60 ft tunnels for years to go under the borders. That's why it won't work. Israels wall doesn't work for illegal movement of People because their are hundreds of tunnels going under it.

It's literally just a useless expensive structure that doesn't solve the problem that it's said to fix.

Also the dems vote on nonsense all the time. Like going to Iraq. I wouldn't use them voting on Something as proof that it's a good idea :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.