The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout

I actually want to cry.

I do think this has been a thing for a long time already though. It's just new levels of hatred. Like one girl says in her graduation video she was dancing and celebrating but then spent 25 days recovering due to her illness. This is just another reason to be cruel.

These sick cnuts (excuse the pun) just cannot stand the thought of someone getting something for nothing. Deserved or not. I despise them.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

I actually want to cry.

I do think this has been a thing for a long time already though. It's just new levels of hatred. Like one girl says in her graduation video she was dancing and celebrating but then spent 25 days recovering due to her illness. This is just another reason to be cruel.

These sick cnuts (excuse the pun) just cannot stand the thought of someone getting something for nothing. Deserved or not. I despise them.
That happens here too, it's ridiculous.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
That happens here too, it's ridiculous.
Is it... I mean if somebody is receiving benefits because they can't walk around an office yet they are posting pictures of themselves running marathons I'd like to think an assessor would be able to use that as a line of questioning in determining the severity of a disability.
Provided it's not taking up excessive resource and is being used only in circumstances where there is concern it seems pretty valid to me?

Carolina Red

Staff

I actually want to cry.

The bad thing is, he won’t have a hard time defending that one, because both major parties have lamented the amount of social security disability fraud there is in the US.

Red Defence

“United stands for attacking, attractive football
You need to remember that Trump is a very nasty and vindictive person. He cares only about power and money. Nothing else.

Much of what he’s threatening to do is his way of hitting the Democrats and their base as hard as he can. He won’t necessarily do what he threatens but his aim is more to get people angry and upset than anything else. Sure some of these plans will affect his base but he won’t bother about that, he knows most of them are too dumb to realise.

His tweets keep refer to him “ fighting back” and that’s what he’s doing now in the only way he knows. They investigated him, well right, he will investigate them. But this time it will be different. They will go down for whatever crimes he and his bent staff choose to find. He will investigate as many as he can. He will convict as many as he can. He will insult as many as he can because he gets away with it. He has just been “exonerated” and it is now time for everyone else to go through what he had to go through but for them it will be ten times worse.

Much of this is also to distract. Next week will be worse. It’s time for the media to ignore as much as possible from him, by all means print what they need to print but they also need to ensure it’s not on the front page. He wants the attention to be on other things, not his taxes or his wrongdoings and definitely not the Mueller report.

Media really needs to focus on Trump’s catalogue of crimes or they are playing straight into his hands.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Is it... I mean if somebody is receiving benefits because they can't walk around an office yet they are posting pictures of themselves running marathons I'd like to think an assessor would be able to use that as a line of questioning in determining the severity of a disability.
Provided it's not taking up excessive resource and is being used only in circumstances where there is concern it seems pretty valid to me?
Because things are taken massively out of context and used to penalise people who are in need of what they are receiving to get by.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
So not inherently an issue with the principal but rather the process of its application for you...
The whole concept is a disgusting misjudgement of what it is to be disabled and operates on the fundamental principle that people claiming benefits should all be scrutinised to the nth degree.

Just because somebody may be able to post a picture holding their new grandchild (for example) doesn't mean they no longer have chronic back pains that prevent them from being able to function normally, it just means they are willing to suffer a period of worse pain for that brief moment of joy, but people combing social media to catch people out won't see or understand any of that.

The assumption from Trump and his chronies (and the Tories, and Daily Mail readers etc) is that there are a great number of people claiming benefits who are scamming the system but the truth is those cases are a minority and policies like this lead to people who are already suffering being treated like criminals.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
The whole concept is a disgusting misjudgement of what it is to be disabled and operates on the fundamental principle that people claiming benefits should all be scrutinised to the nth degree.

Just because somebody may be able to post a picture holding their new grandchild (for example) doesn't mean they no longer have chronic back pains that prevent them from being able to function normally, it just means they are willing to suffer a period of worse pain for that brief moment of joy, but people combing social media to catch people out won't see or understand any of that.

The assumption from Trump and his chronies (and the Tories, and Daily Mail readers etc) is that there are a great number of people claiming benefits who are scamming the system but the truth is those cases are a minority and policies like this lead to people who are already suffering being treated like criminals.
However the principal is not that it's a barrier for valid claiments to jump over.... It's a tool for.prosecuting fraud...
https://nypost.com/2017/04/04/benefits-scammers-keep-outing-themselves-on-facebook/amp/
And for that it seems pretty valid that if somebody is claiming to not be physically able to work yet is offering martial arts tuition professionally via social media that it's a pretty valid part of any investigation
https://nypost.com/2017/04/04/benefits-scammers-keep-outing-themselves-on-facebook/amp/

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
However the principal is not that it's a barrier for valid claiments to jump over.... It's a tool for.prosecuting fraud...
And for that it seems pretty valid that if somebody is claiming to not be physically able to work yet is offering martial arts tuition professionally via social media that it's a pretty valid part of any investigation
Those cases are so few and far between that they get national media when the find such examples. The same as when the Daily Mail run stories about "benefit family living in million pound house" as if this is some kind of norm. No, they've just found an extreme set of circumstances and run a hate baiting story about it.

Trump et al will, of course, tell us this is not a barrier for valid claimants to jump over, just the same as the Tories have done here, however it's bullshit and it's really a means to get as many people off the system by any means necessary, to hell with the needy.

You're just naive enough to take them at their word, apparently.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Those cases are so few and far between that they get national media when the find such examples. The same as when the Daily Mail run stories about "benefit family living in million pound house" as if this is some kind of norm. No, they've just found an extreme set of circumstances and run a hate baiting story about it.

Trump et al will, of course, tell us this is not a barrier for valid claimants to jump over, just the same as the Tories have done here, however it's bullshit and it's really a means to get as many people off the system by any means necessary, to hell with the needy.

You're just naive enough to take them at their word, apparently.
Well I'd rather you played the ball not the man but frankly I'm not naive and of course it would need to be something (as I said) that is commercially viable (recoups more than it costs ) and is only used in circumstances where there is concern.

. not taking up excessive resource and is being used only in circumstances where there is concern
Fraud is a criminal offence and as with any other offence if there is evidence (be that digital or physical) it should be available to those tasked with enforcing the legistlation

It's pretty much strawman tactics to present what has been proposed as a blanket investigation into everybody with presumed guilt unless people can prove otherwise

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Its the same as taking a black person caught on a violent crime and saying well we need to profile them.
The Republicans do it all the time, so they can cut benefits and give themselves tax cuts.

the idiots will latch onto these sort of things.

langster

Scout

Trump University at its finest once again and such an obvious excuse to be referred to when the impending recession hits. He makes me sick.

nimic

something nice
Scout
There's a reason Trump latched on to Fake News so quickly, and it's because the original meaning so perfectly fit what he was engaged in. Now it has less effect if used against him, because he ran it into the ground.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

Trump University at its finest once again and such an obvious excuse to be referred to when the impending recession hits. He makes me sick.
Like a man that has been bankrupt five times.

langster

Scout
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/con...-groundwork-military-action/story?id=62360052

A War that will distract and gin up support in an election year.
To the surprise of absolutely nobody whatsoever. Starting a war was so obvious. Iran was the obvious target and he has laid the groundwork over the last two years with removing the USA from the Iran agreement, cosying up to other rogue states and dictators, siding heavily with Israel and Saudi Arabia etc....

If a war does start with Iran then I don't know how I will react. A President who lives on stoking fear and dividing his population whilst at the same time alienating himself and his country from his countries allies and the rest of the world while simultaneously bowing to the will of rogue states, dictators and global enemies.... it doesn't bode well at all. The Israelis and Saudi's will be over the moon. The fact a President can even consider this is abhorrent, let alone the fact he can actually push for this despite up him having no real agenda or motive other than being a power crazed lunatic who just craves attention, adulation, re-election and total power............

I keep saying it but the USA needs some failsafe's to prevent this happening again.

Red Dreams

To the surprise of absolutely nobody whatsoever. Starting a war was so obvious. Iran was the obvious target and he has laid the groundwork over the last two years with removing the USA from the Iran agreement, cosying up to other rogue states and dictators, siding heavily with Israel and Saudi Arabia etc....

If a war does start with Iran then I don't know how I will react. A President who lives on stoking fear and dividing his population whilst at the same time alienating himself and his country from his countries allies and the rest of the world while simultaneously bowing to the will of rogue states, dictators and global enemies.... it doesn't bode well at all. The Israelis and Saudi's will be over the moon. The fact a President can even consider this is abhorrent, let alone the fact he can actually push for this despite up him having no real agenda or motive other than being a power crazed lunatic who just craves attention, adulation, re-election and total power............

I keep saying it but the USA needs some failsafe's to prevent this happening again.
Only Congress can authorize a war. You will see how many Democrats vote for it.

Lets not forget Hillary voted for the last war.

"But she was far better than Trump."

langster

Scout
Only Congress can authorize a war. You will see how many Democrats vote for it.

Lets not forget Hillary voted for the last war.

"But she was far better than Trump."

Sorry, I went on a bit of a mad tangent there. I know Congress have to vote but I'm worried 1. They will vote for, and 2. If they don't Trump will just ignore them anyway.

You're dead right about Hillary. I think she would have started a war with Iran in her first year. Her foreign policy ideals are a nightmare.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Sorry, I went on a bit of a mad tangent there. I know Congress have to vote but I'm worried 1. They will vote for, and 2. If they don't Trump will just ignore them anyway.

You're dead right about Hillary. I think she would have started a war with Iran in her first year. Her foreign policy ideals are a nightmare.
Not Iran, Syria. She said multiple times she wanted to dramatically expand the US presence in Syria, and praised Trump for the 2 times he bombed Assad's stuff.

Red Dreams

We have seen this movie before.

If all else fails go to war.
But this time I think with severe economic struggles, there will not be great support for another war.
i hope so anyways.

Why I just don't trust any corporate candidates. Even Obama authorized military action against Yemen. Why?
To support his Saudi masters.

The Saudis and Israel are the greatest dangers to World peace.

langster

Scout
Not Iran, Syria. She said multiple times she wanted to dramatically expand the US presence in Syria, and praised Trump for the 2 times he bombed Assad's stuff.
Yes, I agree she would have definitely sent more troops to Syria, but I firmly believe she would have started trouble with Iran too.

She's infinitely better than Trump in so many ways, but she would have been worse in others. Anyway, enough of this. She's not in charge and won't be, so what if's are pointless.

langster

Scout
The Saudis and Israel are the greatest dangers to World peace.
No, the USA is. Israel and Saudi are a very close joint second though. Maybe all three are as bad as each other? Having a greedy, selfish, self serving dumbfeck President like Trump who loves kissing Israeli & Saudi arse, must be absolute joy to their eyes & ears.

Red Dreams

Yes, I agree she would have definitely sent more troops to Syria, but I firmly believe she would have started trouble with Iran too.

She's infinitely better than Trump in so many ways, but she would have been worse in others. Anyway, enough of this. She's not in charge and won't be, so what if's are pointless.
what ifs are pointless. true.

But Biden is a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Red Dreams

No, the USA is. Israel and Saudi are a very close joint second though. Maybe all three are as bad as each other? Having a greedy, selfish, self serving dumbfeck President like Trump who loves kissing Israeli & Saudi arse, must be absolute joy to their eyes & ears.
the United States is controlled by Money.

Washington has sold its soul to it.

langster

Scout
what ifs are pointless. true.

But Biden is a wolf in sheep's clothing.
Biden is a fecking Sex Pest & a racist fraud. He seriously is a shambles of a candidate. I'm betting he has many more skeletons in his closet too. Even If he hasn't what has come out should have been enough to destroy him.

Red Dreams

Biden is a fecking Sex Pest & a racist fraud. He seriously is a shambles of a candidate. I'm betting he has many more skeletons in his closet too. Even If he hasn't what has come out should have been enough to destroy him.
true.
He will be found out soon enough.
But look at all these other 'reasonable' polished corporate stooges that are being pushed out there.

Its not about being spoilt.

Its about Honesty and Decency.
I simply cannot see past Bernie.

langster

Scout
lets not forget May and the Torries will only be too happy to 'help out' in any war.
:lol: She's pathetic. The Tories have decimated the UK in the past three years while everyone has been busy arguing over Brexit.

Worse is she seriously thinks she can leave the EU and forge a great relationship with the USA to solve our business worries. She forgets we have been the closest of allies for over 70 years AND the majority of us now don't want anything to do with the USA.

It's all a great big fecking joke!

Red Dreams

:lol: She's pathetic. The Tories have decimated the UK in the past three years while everyone has been busy arguing over Brexit.

Worse is she seriously thinks she can leave the EU and forge a great relationship with the USA to solve our business worries. She forgets we have been the closest of allies for over 70 years AND the majority of us now don't want anything to do with the USA.

It's all a great big fecking joke!
Brexit would not have been something to worry about. Thank Cameron and the Torries.
But here we are.
We have not shot ourselves in the foot with Brexit. we shot ourselves in the head.

I don't know of one person either side of the argument who thinks we are going to come out of this alright.

iKnowNothing

I want Donnie to lose the elections in 2020 just to see the kind of meltdown he goes in to. Too bad the Dems are doing their best to not let this happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.