The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
'...in migrate and unmachd wizdum.'

Precaution

Well i live in Louisiana, tell me how a republican is going to win the Gov run off when they only have 33% at max of any given vote? The crap he comes out with, it was only because of our weird Gov election rules that there is a run off anyway, Bel Edwards is way out in front.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
:lol: I'm no Biden fan but that's pretty good
It makes it awkward for Bernie Sanders too. He’s just pledged to release 10 (IIRC) years of his tax returns and there’s been rumours that there’s something he’s prefer to be hidden in the 11th year and he’d been delaying his release to avoid awkward questions about why he’s only releasing 6/7/8/9 years of returns.

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
Hey, guys, is there any website where I could find transcripts of Donald Trump's speeches he has made since he became President or even earlier, when he was a candidate?

Would appreciate it.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs

The second video... :houllier:
actually... listen, I despise the guy, however, he does have a point in both videos.
The US has spent massive amounts of money on military and military aid in regions & conflicts they shouldn’t be involved with in the first place. It’s about time the West stops all this ‘we know what’s good for you’ malarkey.
As for the USSR, the Afghan war expenditure had a large impact on the economic malaise of the 80’s which in its turn caused the collapse of the communist state.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
It makes it awkward for Bernie Sanders too. He’s just pledged to release 10 (IIRC) years of his tax returns and there’s been rumours that there’s something he’s prefer to be hidden in the 11th year and he’d been delaying his release to avoid awkward questions about why he’s only releasing 6/7/8/9 years of returns.
Why is Joe holding onto to documents for 21 years, is he a hoarder?

I'd only expect people to have records going back for 7 years, which is the standard retention period.

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
https://factba.se/transcripts

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/08/us/politics/trump-speech-transcript.html

Suspect there will be some maga warrior turning the speeches into a trump Bible in some dark corner of the web but I really don't want to go digging round
Thanks a lot, I like fact base. However there are no PDFs or full speeches. But I shouldn't complain, they've got a huge database.

:lol:

Thanks.

Running for President of Poland, @Maciek ?
Actually, I'm trying to come up with the topic of my MA thesis in languages and I thought that analysis of Trump's speeches would be a great idea, although it would be a painful job.

I don't know what should I focus on, do you want to help? What's in what Trump says that it could be a good read? The way he talks about fake news? Democrats? People in general?

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Actually, I'm trying to come up with the topic of my MA thesis in languages and I thought that analysis of Trump's speeches would be a great idea, although it would be a painful job.

I don't know what should I focus on, do you want to help? What's in what Trump says that it could be a good read? The way he talks about fake news? Democrats? People in general?
I recall reading or seeing something about the way he speaks that appeals to people. IIRC his sentence structure is more feminine and that tends to appeal to common folk more.

SteveJ

Scout
So much of his speech is filler, though - he rarely knows (in-depth) what he's talking about, so the conversational stuff just fills what would be awkward gaps. Made-up example:

"They tell me the economy's doing very well. It's true, isn't it? What do you think? People have more money to spend, and that's great. It's great for those people, great for the economy. Great economy...Great Britain...great Scott...um..."

Etc etc.

SteveJ

Scout
His signature looks like 'Dan Ackroyd's bum'.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Hoyer shouting over Pelosi after she took the podium and then Schumer pretty much shoving her out of his way, classy stuff fellas.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Would love a video of Erdogan reading that letter. "Don't be a devil. Call you later."

Status
Not open for further replies.