The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Yeah, funnily enough Bernie voted nay. So apparently some did have in-sight back then.
So did Obama, you certainly have the freedom to decide on who you support based on that one vote.

I generally favor a more hawkish US president anyway (not saying I support the Iraq war), but pivot to Asia is much better than Trump’s non-position

nimic

something nice
Scout
The senate passed that vote by close to 80 votes (can’t remember the exact figure).
And they were all complicit in war-crimes, essentially. We're not discussing the logic of applying modern ethics to Genghis Khan here - this happened in 2002. Plenty of people were able to see what a mistake this was, at the time. And you might let Clinton hide behind "others did it too!", but nearly half of the Democratic Senators made the right choice, and more than half of the Democratic Members of Congress did the same.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

This should be a entertaining. Expect he will go apoplectic trying to find out who it is.

Drifter

American
Team Trump admits holding back billions for Puerto Rico disaster recovery

Trump administration officials have admitted that last summer they knowingly withheld billions of dollars Congress appropriated to help Puerto Rico recover from Hurricane Maria. House Democrats say withholding the relief money violates the law.

Federal law requires that our government help Americans hit by natural disasters. But two Housing and Urban Development officials acknowledged at a House Appropriations subcommittee hearing on Oct. 17 that HUD blocked the Puerto Rico relief funds.

The HUD delay meant the island missed a deadline to apply for billions of dollars in disaster relief funds, raising doubts about when, if ever, the money will flow to the island devasted in September 2017 by the Category 5 hurricane.

The federal money is part of a $19 billion supplemental
disaster relief
bill that Congress passed in June. It came with stipulations requiring HUD to provide funding notices to nine states and two American territories, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
https://www.rawstory.com/2019/10/te...k-billions-for-puerto-rico-disaster-recovery/

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
So Ankara has a deal with Moscow for annexation of parts of Syria, effectively leaving the Kurds, who were once US allies, to Russian mercy in the hands of Assad and shoehorning US influence in Middle East within the borders of Iraq.

And Trump thought this was a good thing and decided to reward Turkey for it by removing sanctions. A NATO country has now gone over to Team Russia, let's celebrate.

What am I missing here?

MTF

So Ankara has a deal with Moscow for annexation of parts of Syria, effectively leaving the Kurds, who were once US allies, to Russian mercy in the hands of Assad and shoehorning US influence in Middle East within the borders of Iraq.

And Trump thought this was a good thing and decided to reward Turkey for it by removing sanctions. A NATO country has now gone over to Team Russia, let's celebrate.

What am I missing here?
I dunno, I was also having that moment's hesitation before concluding it's some of the most absurd shit ever, just in case there's something about it that I didn't understand.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
"If regime X was coming to ethnically cleanse our allies, and we were in a position to help our allies, I believe we should have abandoned them with all haste."

Strong moral character from the GOP again I see.

Cal?

CR7 fan
You might have that freedom but the half a million iraqis killed in a war Hillary Clinton voted for dont.
As I said earlier, you can refuse to vote for her based on that vote, you can refuse to vote for anyone based on anything, that’s called democracy.

That invasion would have gone ahead regardless of how she voted.

Has Bernie never made a vote you disagreed with? If so, good for you, you found a politician who’s position perfectly matches your own. Most people don’t get that...

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
As I said earlier, you can refuse to vote for her based on that vote, you can refuse to vote for anyone based on anything, that’s called democracy.

Has Bernie never made a vote you disagreed with? If so, good for you, you found a politician who’s position perfectly matches your own. Most people don’t get that...
It's not about agreeing every time. It's about voting for a war that killed half a million people in a country that was no threat to us. You dont even have to say "oh well what can you do, I wish they hadn't voted for it but everyone else was doing it". There is a candidate who saw through the lies.

Billy Blaggs

Flacco of the Blaggs tribe
It's not about agreeing every time. It's about voting for a war that killed half a million people in a country that was no threat to us. You dont even have to say "oh well what can you do, I wish they hadn't voted for it but everyone else was doing it". There is a candidate who saw through the lies.
You are European. Just admit it.

Fully Fledged

What am I missing here?
Putin pulling Donnie Boys strings like the puppet master he is.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea

Not one that killed half a million people, no. Some things you can’t just go ‘oops sorry!’ about.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Are they spoofing their country for phone calls for some reason? Why would it come up as Egypt?

This part probably made for some interesting dinner table conversation

Conway: Um, yes, so, always, right, exactly. You’re really going places. Let me tell you something, from a powerful woman. Don’t pull the crap where you’re trying to undercut another woman based on who she’s married to. He gets his power through me, if you haven’t noticed.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Isn't the examiner a trump leaning paper? I kind of see her point that she should have been asked for a quote in that story, which is standard journalistic practice then you're writing about someone.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Conway: Um, yes, so, always, right, exactly. You’re really going places. Let me tell you something, from a powerful woman. Don’t pull the crap where you’re trying to undercut another woman based on who she’s married to. He gets his power through me, if you haven’t noticed.
What a charming, modest person. And doubtless a champion of women too.

Status
Not open for further replies.