The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drifter

American
Trump’s plan to bar Bolton from testifying by using executive privilege dismantled by ex-federal prosecutor

Appearing on MSNBC on Saturday morning, former federal prosecutor Cynthia Alksne brushed aside Donald Trump’s assertion that he could bar former national security adviser John Bolton from testifying before Congress by claiming executive privilege.

Speaking with host Geoff Bennett, Alksne pointed out that invoking executive privilege is not all-encompassing when it comes to criminal testimony.

“You heard President Trump say if Bolton is allowed to testify, he’d invoke executive privilege,” Benett began. “That’s not how executive privilege works. Typically what happens is the witness at least shows up, and then if there’s specific questions he or she can’t answer, then you invoke executive privilege. explain this for us.”

“Well, the first thing we know is that all of the talk that the president had for so long about he’d love to have Bolton testify — that was not true, that was a lie, number one,” Alksne replied. “Number two, the White House has used this notion of executive privilege or some kind of absolute immunity to try to get people not to come at all, not to even sit in the chair and have to face the questions. The idea with executive privilege is we want to protect important discussions between members of the executive about matters of policy so that a person would come, sit in the chair, be asked a question. if it had to do with a real policy issue, then the question could be blocked.”

“But there are limits to executive privilege,” she continued. “For instance, you can’t use executive privilege to cover up a crime, and what we have here is extortion, and so executive privilege does not apply to the questions about the Ukraine extortion.”

“It doesn’t also apply to people who are outside the executive branch, so conversations with [Rudy] Giuliani, conversations he had with Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman, what they were going to do to extort Zelensky, none of that is covered by executive privilege,” she added.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Yeah the problem being that Trump just shouts 'EXECUTIVE PRIVILEGE' and nobody challenges it even if it's bullshit so the law doesn't make a damn bit of difference.

Drifter

American
White House says Trump will issue new rules to expand ‘constitutional prayer’ in public schools

President Donald Trump plans to introduce new guidance for expanding “constitutional prayer” in public schools.

According to CBS News broadcaster Steven Portnoy, Trump’s schedule for Thursday includes an announcement about “guidance on constitutional prayer in public schools.”

The details of Trump’s guidance were not immediately available but the president is on record suggesting that he wants to expand prayer in public schools under the guise of First Amendment rights.

On Saturday, Trump attorney Jay Sekulow condemned schools for practicing “Buddhist Meditation,” which he said was different than “Christian meditation.”

Here we go . No wonder those Evangelicals will never leave him.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
White House says Trump will issue new rules to expand ‘constitutional prayer’ in public schools

Here we go . No wonder those Evangelicals will never leave him.
Coming from the man who has never read the bible.

Pathetic how cynical it all is.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
You have to admire him in a way. He knows his audience.
I hate American evangelicals with a passion. Corrupt cnuts. And I am a Christian, although I can't remember the last time I was in church.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I hate American evangelicals with a passion. Corrupt cnuts. And I am a Christian, although I can't remember the last time I was in church.
I wonder if some ever wake up and think - wait a second.. We re trying to do to America what we re accusing Muslims of doing with Sharia Law? No of course not - because that would mean they understand self reflection and hypocrisy.

Revan

Assumptionman
I wonder if some ever wake up and think - wait a second.. We re trying to do to America what we re accusing Muslims of doing with Sharia Law? No of course not - because that would mean they understand self reflection and hypocrisy.
Yeah, but Christianity is right and Islam is wrong (form their POV), so it isn’t hypocritical.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Indeed. American evangelicals don't even bear a passing resemblance to Christians. A weird and loathsome bunch.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Might as well do it again. Not like America has held him accountable or even done anything to stop foreign powers meddling in their elections since last time.

Drifter

American
POTUS retweeted this

And the election as not even got underway yet.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Thought it was Patrick Stewart.

Foxbatt

Isn't this the same company that the UK government charged for defrauding the Ukrainain people by the cronies of the former President Yanukovich? There are plenty of information and videos of this same company and fraud and the UK diplomats publicly speaking about the corruption of this company on the Internet. This looks like a false flag one since the owner is extremely close to Yanukovich and Yanukovich is close to Russia.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Trump doesn't half ramble. Those Chinese officials must be thinking what a moron.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Today, in childish, petty twat news:

The Trump administration took further steps on Friday towards rolling back healthier standards for school lunches in America championed by Michelle Obama, proposing rules to allow more pizza, meat and potatoes over fresh vegetables, fruits and whole grains.

The new proposals would allow schools more flexibility, the Department of Agriculture (USDA) said in a statement, adding: “Because they know their children best.”

Brandon Lipps, a USDA deputy under secretary, outlined new menu standards drawn up by the the Food and Nutrition Service agency. They would allow schools to cut the amount of vegetables and fruits required at school lunch and breakfasts while giving them greater scope to sell more pizza, hamburgers and french fries to students. The agency is responsible for administering nutritional programs that feed nearly 30 million students at 99,000 schools, the Washington Post reported.

Some outlets noted the irony of the new proposals being announced on former first lady Michelle Obama’s birthday.

(Guardian)

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas

The Trump administration took further steps on Friday towards rolling back healthier standards for school lunches in America championed by Michelle Obama, proposing rules to allow more pizza, meat and potatoes over fresh vegetables, fruits and whole grains.

The new proposals would allow schools more flexibility, the Department of Agriculture (USDA) said in a statement, adding: “Because they know their children best.”

Brandon Lipps, a USDA deputy under secretary, outlined new menu standards drawn up by the the Food and Nutrition Service agency. They would allow schools to cut the amount of vegetables and fruits required at school lunch and breakfasts while giving them greater scope to sell more pizza, hamburgers and french fries to students. The agency is responsible for administering nutritional programs that feed nearly 30 million students at 99,000 schools, the Washington Post reported.

Some outlets noted the irony of the new proposals being announced on former first lady Michelle Obama’s birthday.

(Guardian)
Jesus christ they really are a bunch of petty twats. Yet again the party of family values doesn't give a crap about the health and safety of human life.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

(Guardian)
Jamie Oliver rolling in his grave.

Drifter

American
‘Take your letter and shove it’: Rep. Ted Lieu sends fiery response after Devin Nunes threatened to sue him

Dear Mr. Biss,

I received your letter dated December 31, 2019 in which you state your client Congressman Devin Nunes will sue me if I don’t, among other actions, issue a public apology to Devin Nunes. It is true that I stated Congressman Nunes worked with Lev Parnas and conspired to undermine our own government. As you know, truth is a defense. So go read the documents and text messages provided by Lev Parnas to the House of Representatives, and watch his interview on the Rachel Maddow Show, which aired on January 15, 2020, that directly implicates Rep Nunes.

I welcome any lawsuit from your client and look forward to taking discovery of Congressman Nunes. Or, you can take your letter and shove it.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Overlooking the idiocy of the camo uniforms; they’ve created a Space Force for feck sake.
I was reading an article about it and there’s actually some sense and merit in it. It should have been a subsidiary of the Air Force but there is a genuine reason to protect the satellite infrastructure as a preemptive strike in space could severely limit a nations nuclear capabilities.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I was reading an article about it and there’s actually some sense and merit in it. It should have been a subsidiary of the Air Force but there is a genuine reason to protect the satellite infrastructure as a preemptive strike in space could severely limit a nations nuclear capabilities.
Creating the new force or whatever you wanna call it is just Trump trying to look cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.