The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Doubt anyone will get an autographed screenshot today
Especially as you know he forced the cut, because no right thinking economist would have been so naive.

Donnie's economy is now out of levers to pull.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Trump is such a clever cnut!
He's leaving the states to make the decisions to close schools, bars, etc so if it later comes out that they overreacted then he's in the clear (and consistent).
If not then he'll say he advised them to do that.
Winner, winner the president's a fat orange cnut!

Amarsdd

Trump is such a clever cnut!
He's leaving the states to make the decisions to close schools, bars, etc so if it later comes out that they overreacted then he's in the clear (and consistent).
If not then he'll say he advised them to do that.
Winner, winner the president's a fat orange cnut!
He's not clever. He's an arrogant cnut. Even if that decision was made at the federal level, he would just say "I'm not responsible at all for what happened. I think Tony did it. Ask him." Just like what he did for shutting down the US Pandemic Response team.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
You're punching above your weight, mate.

That's what I took from that tweet btw.
The gaps only got wider too, I’m older, fatter, less tanned and more bald and she’s still bloody lovely.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.

This is the result of Trump, Jared, and Miller's half-baked plan to screen everyone coming into the US from Europe without ironing out all of the details before implementing it. There will probably be hundreds, if not thousands, of cases resulting from this clusterfeck. Every one of these people likely needs to self-isolate for 14 days.
So that's why my sister's employer doesn't want them flying home the US.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Never share your twitter mate :lol:
Yeah, especially since people have now been wanking to photos of his girlfriend. I mean, I was a little surprised that my missus was doing it in the middle of Nandos but that's what I get for picking out the leggy vampire chick at that Halloween party all those years ago.

Revan

Assumptionman
"Chinese virus" ffs. He can't even go through a humanitarian crisis without playing dirty politics :lol:

Honestly, I don't even think he is wrong. The virus originated in wet markets (which should not be allowed in the first place, especially after SARS), and China fecked up big time by initially trying to hide it (they knew since mid-December that they might be dealing with a SARS-like virus, but instead arrested the doctor whistleblower).

Il Prete Rosso

Prete, the Italian Pete
Honestly, I don't even think he is wrong. The virus originated in wet markets (which should not be allowed in the first place, especially after SARS), and China fecked up big time by initially trying to hide it (they knew since mid-December that they might be dealing with a SARS-like virus, but instead arrested the doctor whistleblower).
To be fair we expected no different from China. On the other hand, the US had almost 3 months to prepare for this and have still been caught unprepared. There are THOUSANDS more infected in the US than what's being reported simply because the Trump administration didn't care. Now they have little tests for hundreds of thousands of people. I fear their numbers would rise exponentially and would push their so-called 'best system' in the world to the brink.

Halftrack

For as much as China has fecked up in this situation, the Orange One is wholly to blame for the situation the US now finds itself in with regards to covid-19. They could have not slashed the CDC's budget, they could have not shuttered the Pandemic Response Team, they could have not let a bunch of citizens returning from infected areas go off into the wild without testing or quarantine, and he could have opted not to claim it was a Democrat hoax and compared it to the flu. The man is in no position to criticise anyone, and whatever point he may have, under any circumstance, is invalidated by his own incompetence.

Revan

Assumptionman
@Il Prete Rosso @Halftrack , I am not excusing Trump here, clearly, his administration is to be blamed for the inability to deal with the situation (though to be fair, no one is prepared, Italy has a decent medical system, has medicare for all, and got completely overwhelmed with only 25k infected people).

But saying that this is a Chinese virus, China fecked up and brought this to the world, is neither racist nor xenophobic. It is politically incorrect to say so, but it is also very much the truth. Them eating wildlife and still having all those wet markets, despite repeated alarms that doing so is a ticking nuclear bomb, combined with them hiding it for month(s) has fecked up things hard.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
To start pointing fingers and labelling this early in the game is wrong. Solve it first before pointing fingers. What next, financial reparation?

Epidemics can start almost from anywhere.

sglowrider

@Il Prete Rosso @Halftrack , I am not excusing Trump here, clearly, his administration is to be blamed for the inability to deal with the situation (though to be fair, no one is prepared, Italy has a decent medical system, has medicare for all, and got completely overwhelmed with only 25k infected people).

But saying that this is a Chinese virus, China fecked up and brought this to the world, is neither racist nor xenophobic. It is politically incorrect to say so, but it is also very much the truth. Them eating wildlife and still having all those wet markets, despite repeated alarms that doing so is a ticking nuclear bomb, combined with them hiding it for month(s) has fecked up things hard.
H1N1 started with pigs. So should we all stop eating bacon? There were only a few thousand deaths in the States but well over 500k the rest of the world.

Revan

Assumptionman
H1N1 started with pigs. So should we all stop eating bacon? There were only a few thousand deaths in the States but well over 500k the rest of the world.
H1N1 was not that dangerous though, it had a mortality rate lower than the flu, and during the entire pandemic, it is estimated that the number of dead people was around the same as the number of people who die from the flu (each year). Finally, there was no hiding for H1N1, as far as I remember, from the beginning there was correct reporting. While China, kept it secret for around a month.

The potential destructions from viruses that come from non-domestic animals are much higher. It is a totally new game there.

To be fair, stopping eating animals would fix both new pandemics and global warming.

NB: Even in this forum (quite left-wing and very pro-globalist), the thread is called "Wuhan Coronavirus".

Last edited:

justboy68

Who's going to suffer from Trump using this sort of language? The Chinese government or regular Chinese and Asian people around the world who could face more racism and discrimination as a result? It's fine to say the virus that started in China, but saying 'THE Chinese Virus' is just malicious.

sglowrider

To be fair, stopping eating animals would fix both new pandemics and global warming.

NB: Even in this forum (quite left-wing and very pro-globalist), the thread is called "Wuhan Coronavirus".
Yes. We should eat a lot less meat

And Yes, they should change it the thread title.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
He's wrong for playing on people's fears and xenophobia.

Yeah China fecked up. Not the average Chinese person. He could call it Wuhan (to describe where it originated), but since he's immoral opportunists he names it after an entire ethnic group. Why don't we accurately name the Spanish Flu "American Flu"?

Status
Not open for further replies.