The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The results being presented with a sharpie will certainly be a nice touch.

Dr. StrangeHate

99.9999% sure he will. He’s been meeting and shaking hands with a number of people who have.

I’m just really worried that he will get it and only get mild symptoms.
He does have great genes seriously. No one eats that much junk and is still fine.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
The most negative test ever.

No one has less coronavirus than me.
Pence: er, sir it's positive.

Trump: exactly, it is the best positive news that could possibly be found at this or any time. Now my blood will have the antibodies that will save the world. In fact I feel it, I feel my body taking hold of it, shaping it, destroying it. You're welcome.

Red Stone

It wouldn't surprise me if Trump's entire system is so toxic and rancid that it instantly kills off any virus that enters it.

Dr. StrangeHate

He‘s also morbidly obese.
And is still fine, I have never seen him under the weather or suffering from any long term diseases. I understand obesity is classified as a disease but I am talking more in the sense of heart problems, diabetes, arthritis, lung problems, etc.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil

This is the result of Trump, Jared, and Miller's half-baked plan to screen everyone coming into the US from Europe without ironing out all of the details before implementing it. There will probably be hundreds, if not thousands, of cases resulting from this clusterfeck. Every one of these people likely needs to self-isolate for 14 days.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
I was going to go on an epic anti Trump rant, but I just can't be arsed anymore. Simply put, he is the biggest and most dangerous virus on the planet.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Donnie testing negative is definitive, undeniable proof that karma doesn't exist. Disappointing.

Dr. StrangeHate

Donnie testing negative is definitive, undeniable proof that karma doesn't exist. Disappointing.
He has lived a stress free life in a healthy environment with access to the best health care the world has to offer. He would be fine either way. Just like the royals in UK where 80 is considered middle age.

bleedred

I think maybe, just maybe, he has finally met a scenario which makes him look vulnerable to his base. There is no good way to spin this and the more panic,more number of cases and the longer it goes on, will surely make an impact in November.

Member 90887

Did anyone see this ? Trending on reddit right now.

U.S. government allegedly attempts to secure COVID-19 vaccine exclusively and "only for the U.S." by offering large sums of money to a company in Germany that develops it

And there's this comment from a redditor giving more details on what's happening with this company.

User : Eadgifu

This is pretty interesting.
Apparently the CEO, Menichella, met with Trump on 2 March to discuss Curevac's efforts at finding a vaccine. Then nine days later he was sacked without explanation and the chairman and founder Hoerr took over as CEO. Source
That is a huge move when your company is in the middle of working on something this important.
Was Menichella making overtures to Trump, or being receptive to Trump's overtures, causing Hoerr to step in?
Or the opposite, was Menichella not playing nice with Trump prompting Hoerr to step in to try to execute a deal?
Surely it can't be a coincidence given the timing.
Fascinating, but also worrying.
EDIT - Ok, this is interesting. Hoerr is the German founder, who has a scientific background, while Menichella is a US-based CEO with a reputation as more of a 'deal maker'. Source.

RedChip

And there's this comment from a redditor giving more details on what's happening with this company.
Yeah, saw that in the Guardian earlier. Trump regime is repugnant.

Last edited:

Fergies Gum

I think maybe, just maybe, he has finally met a scenario which makes him look vulnerable to his base. There is no good way to spin this and the more panic,more number of cases and the longer it goes on, will surely make an impact in November.
If he gets elected after what has happened in the last few weeks then we are just screwed.

Fergies Gum

He's just thick as shit, that's kinda the main problem.

Thick as shit.
His incompetence could be offset if he actually hired smart people for important matters. The problem is though Trump thinks he is smarter than everyone and does not want the experts running the show.

nimic

something nice
Scout
He has lived a stress free life in a healthy environment with access to the best health care the world has to offer. He would be fine either way. Just like the royals in UK where 80 is considered middle age.
Pretty sure being the President isn't stress free, even for someone as incompetent and oblivious as Trump. And health care isn't magic, plenty of people get the best care and still die from viruses. Most of them have some underlying problem, though. But as you get older, most people end up having underlying problems, I guess.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
My Dad, who has spent the last three years going out of his way to give Trump the benefit of the doubt on most stuff, thinks he’s completely out of his depth right now and couldn’t really be coming across worse.

The Firestarter

My Dad, who has spent the last three years going out of his way to give Trump the benefit of the doubt on most stuff, thinks he’s completely out of his depth right now and couldn’t really be coming across worse.
That usually happens when the stakes are actual fellow people lives and not a couple of percentage tax cuts or brown people being treated like live stock.

Blackwidow

80% of the company CureVec is held by a company of Dietmar Hopp or his foundation(some by the Bill and Melissa Gates foundation) who did not just invest into the club Hoffenheim and other sports in the area but also in social and medical projects. And it gets funding from the German state, too...

Status
Not open for further replies.