The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
I just saw a clip of him claiming to have a natural ability for science and in the same sentence implying that it had been passed to him from his uncle:lol:

The fact that there's a good chance he gets re-elected says so much about American politics and America in general.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Poor Matt Gaetz, couldnt happen to a nicer chap. Or to one looking less like a Scooby Doo villain.

Would be such a shame if it killed him.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Absolutely no question that this will effect him if it carries on. He won’t lose his base but he will definitely lose moderate Republicans and independents who might have bet on him because things seemed to be going well

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Had a RWNJ tell me the media is behind this hysteria to bring the economy down to help Dems win the election.

I flipped it around that what if Trump is behind this to lower stock prices so he and other wealthy persons can buy up stocks on the low?

No response. They don't seem to digest conspiracies from a different angle.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Had a RWNJ tell me the media is behind this hysteria to bring the economy down to help Dems win the election.

I flipped it around that what if Trump is behind this to lower stock prices so he and other wealthy persons can buy up stocks on the low?

Did he also tell you it's because we should buy American goods only, need the wall with Mexico for sure now and that we should build more "antibiotics factories" to prevent this from happening again? All three of those seem to be common arguments used by those folks.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Did he also tell you it's because we should buy American goods only, need the wall with Mexico for sure now and that we should build more "antibiotics factories" to prevent this from happening again? All three of those seem to be common arguments used by those folks.
Heard them before but he didn't carry on, then others start talking about March Madness and Chris Yelich's mom. This dude is an overall good guy. Philippino-American which never made sense to me why he'd vote republican. Probably cause he's a CPA making six figures these days.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Meanwhile - DeVos continues her attack on the less fortunate and protecting for profit colleges :

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/11/poli...r-defense-student-debt-relief-rule/index.html

Title sounds good until you read who in the Rs voted with the Dems and knowing they avoided the ability to override Trump s veto. In other words - more play acting by McConnell while Trump is just going to veto the Senate vote and put yet another destructive policy change in place. There is a special place in hell for those people.

WPMUFC

The australian stock market dropped 3+% in the space of a few minutes as trump spoke and people got a sense of "holy crap, this idiot is actually running the response to a health crisis".

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
You would think with this virus about, it would make people want to vote for Medicare for all more, and would actively work against Trump. Sadly I can see them just shoving their heads deeper in the sand and then getting over run with it and the medical cost bankrupting thousands

Sky1981

Fending off the urge

The man donated his salary for charity

Most probably response

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
I just can't understand how well the sycophants stick to talk points. 8:59pm: its the flu, nothing to see here, it's a liberal overreaction. I'm going to keep shaking hands, people can even work if they feel okay.

9:30pm: Trump has taken the kind of decisive action a great leader displays. Banning all trips from Europe is a wonderful, proportional, well-timed response and we're already seeing the benefits.

MTF

America will reap the whirlwind for electing a buffoon.
Yep. This is one of those unique moments where who is in office actually makes a big difference. The Federal Govt of the US has a unique role that cannot be supplemented by any sort of state or private sector action in the US, both legally and in terms of existing capabilities. Then in terms of global coordination, because of it's resources, capabilities and even historically goodwill from numerous nations, it is also uniquely positioned to shape the response.

But instead we get this shit. Just makes me sad.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
You would think with this virus about, it would make people want to vote for Medicare for all more, and would actively work against Trump. Sadly I can see them just shoving their heads deeper in the sand and then getting over run with it and the medical cost bankrupting thousands
Maybe then they would stop voting against their own best interests.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It couldn't happen. Life doesnt work that well.
Indeed, in this simulation Trump turns out to have a unique gene sequence which helps develop the antidote and in return he gets to be King of America forever, marries Ivanka and begins the Trump dynasty.

The Firestarter

Indeed, in this simulation Trump turns out to have a unique gene sequence which helps develop the antidote and in return he gets to be King of America forever, marries Ivanka and begins the Trump dynasty.
And in this simulation @Pexbo has the uncanny ability to transcribe directly Trump's daydreams.

decorativeed

I don't know when/if this will hit US news, but Secretary of Communications on Brazil President's staff has tested positive, and was at dinner at Mar a Lago with Trump and Pence over the weekend. Has a picture taken standing next to Trump.

https://news.trust.org/item/20200312141651-bs9fo/
You just know, even if he gets it himself, he would not admit it and try to carry on in an attempt to prove this bullshit "healthiest, wisest president ever" narrative he's been trying to spin for the last 4 years.

MTF

You just know, even if he gets it himself, he would not admit it and try to carry on in an attempt to prove this bullshit "healthiest, wisest president ever" narrative he's been trying to spin for the last 4 years.
If he doesn't actually become/get symptoms, then yes he would. But if he has to go to hospital then it's hard to hide.

Status
Not open for further replies.