The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
The Atlantic is brilliant. Absurdly enough, I just recently discovered it. I’ll probably subscribe.
Please do! Have to keep organizations like that around, especially now.

Beachryan

As much as I hate Trump, and hate Trump's tweets, I'd really struggle to decide which would be better to lose: Trump or Twitter.

I guess as long as both get damaged, we win.

Interesting how much 'playing the refs' the right does on social media companies. Every piece is cached in 'liberal employees' or leftist elite. Despite the fact the alt right would basically still only exist in negligent parent's basements if not for the work of Twitter, FB and YouTube. It's GOP 101: push the nice, fair-minded people to give you preferential treatment because they're so scared of offending you.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Here's the draft.
He's such a fecking moron. I bet he thinks 'HA! I've totally got them now!' whereas they are entirely within their TOCs and if they're smart will prove it by banning him immediately after he launches this EO. Basically instead of putting warnings on posts, they are totally within their rights to just ban users who transgress.

Oh and that 'public square' argument is absolute horsehit. They're private companies and there is zero chance that these particular first amendment arguments apply to them.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
What's the details of the EO. "It is illegal to put fact checking on my Tweets as it hampers my freedom of speech. Obamagate."?

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Straight up and no word of a lie, there were actual kings in pre-revolutionary France who didn't as casually claim such extraordinary authority as Trump. They, unless under great pressure to assert their 'rights', had the good sense to be more subtle and amenable than him.

Rooney24

Its not even Censorship anyway. That would be if they removed his tweets, but they are still up there today.

Its basically just Twitter say this might (probably is) be bullshit.

SteveJ

Scout
Trump said:
'Obamagate?'
'China!'
'Investigate?'
He's increasingly like the Major from Fawlty Towers.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Its not even Censorship anyway. That would be if they removed his tweets, but they are still up there today.

Its basically just Twitter say this might (probably is) be bullshit.
Im hoping over the next few days he tweets something thats a TOS violation as lets face it hes used twitter to threaten nuking countries so hopefully they just ban him for that
like i say if twitter has the balls for that Im looking forward to seeing him ticktocking the latest dance moves as he throws his bile around

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Basically.
with some added added accusations aimed at china
What's the problem then? He's right. Whether we agree with it or not, he has the right to say what he wants. It doesn't matter if it's true or not. Anyone can say whatever they want.

For example, I can say that Trump is not a cnut. I mean, sure, it's not true but I can still say it. But I wouldn't. Because he's an actual cnut. And this is another example of him caring more about himself than other people. So feck him.

One of those paragraphs is sarcasm.

SteveJ

Scout
He's rarely, if ever, as outraged as he claims to be. It's a show for his supporters.

Beachryan

What's the problem then? He's right. Whether we agree with it or not, he has the right to say what he wants. It doesn't matter if it's true or not. Anyone can say whatever they want.

For example, I can say that Trump is not a cnut. I mean, sure, it's not true but I can still say it. But I wouldn't. Because he's an actual cnut. And this is another example of him caring more about himself than other people. So feck him.

One of those paragraphs is sarcasm.
It's more the lack of understanding about what the first amendment actually says that is worrying. Not that we should expect the President to know the constitution, I guess.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
It's more the lack of understanding about what the first amendment actually says that is worrying. Not that we should expect the President to know the constitution, I guess.
He's exactly like the stupid cnuts you get on forums all the time, complaining about the moderators breaking their first amendment rights.

Beachryan

He's exactly like the stupid cnuts you get on forums all the time, complaining about the moderators breaking their first amendment rights.
Big fan of when those posters aren't from the US :)

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
He probably thinks free speech means he doesn't have to pay to talk. We all know he doesn't like paying for stuff.

SteveJ

Scout
'Freeze peach. I'm not paying for all those frozen peaches.
Investigate?'

clarkydaz

its easy to forget just how much outrageuous stuff he does, as he is at it every single day. Its just normal now

Carolina Red

Staff
President Trump shared a video showing a supporter declaring that politically "the only good Democrat is a dead Democrat.”

Couy Griffin, a GOP county commissioner in Otero, N.M., and founder of Cowboys for Trump, made the remarks at a rally earlier this month, sparking backlash from local Republicans.

At the rally in Truth or Consequences, N.M., Griffin said he has “come to a place where I’ve come to the conclusion that the only good Democrat is a dead Democrat."

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brie...ying-politically-only-good-democrat-is-a-dead

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
2485 pages about this guy and we're only 3.5 years in.
Obama did 8 years and I doubt he got that much coverage. Trump must be loving it.

Status
Not open for further replies.