The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
Okay in that case I apologize. Here in the US the link is quickly made with the use of the term "libtard" - which is very much an insult of course.
no worries, but rest assured that not that long ago we would call ourselves "caftards"
and i never made the conection between Caf and Tard as an insult

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
that's an insult? i used it as "caf members"
why is caftard an insult?
that means that everytime someone called me a "caftard" he was insulting me?
no wonder i was many times voted as a nice poster
never won the prize though, damned stevej
And to think that you cameback as a Trump supporter. What a let-down. :(

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
And to think that you cameback as a Trump supporter. What a let-down. :(
:lol:
far from that, but i didnt know there was that much hatred towards him
here in argentina, the press dislikes him a lot, but the people in the street couldnt care less about him.
He seems to have united every caftard against him, i bet that if he loses next november, mancunians will french liverpoolians

disgusting thought

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
no worries, but rest assured that not that long ago we would call ourselves "caftards"
and i never made the conection between Caf and Tard as an insult
Learned something new. Not sure i had seen it mentioned before - a few years ago Im sure I would ve not thought anything of it and probably just looked at it as funny. Its unfortunate that even stupid simple things like that now have become loaded- directly or indirectly.

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
Learned something new. Not sure i had seen it mentioned before - a few years ago Im sure I would ve not thought anything of it and probably just looked at it as funny. Its unfortunate that even stupid simple things like that now have become loaded- directly or indirectly.
yes, i was surprised too
it seems that Trump has made quite an awfull impact in many caf members (or membress or memlgbt)
a few years ago the words "bender" "gay" "gaytard" and all, were perfectly normal and acceptable, we were wondering if calling someone a "spastic" was wrong or just pure banter
many things have changed, most, for the best

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
far from that, but i didnt know there was that much hatred towards him
here in argentina, the press dislikes him a lot, but the people in the street couldnt care less about him.
He seems to have united every caftard against him, i bet that if he loses next november, mancunians will french liverpoolians

disgusting thought
The guy is literally evil, and to those of us outside the US we don’t even get to vote against him despite the outsized influence US presidents have over our lives. The only tiny thing we can do is ensure that in places where we post no-one gets away with normalizing a guy who literally supported concentration camps.

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
The guy is literally evil, and to those of us outside the US we don’t even get to vote against him despite the outsized influence US presidents have over our lives. The only tiny thing we can do is ensure that in places where we post no-one gets away with normalizing a guy who literally supported concentration camps.
well, some years ago -King Bush the II times- i was saying that if those kind of presidents were going to feck the entire world, then the entire world should be able to vote in the US presidential elections

my mail to the white house with that proposition didnt pass security and you can still hear them laughing

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
I don't think it is too far off the truth, to be fair. However, as a caveat to that, I don't believe it was any achievement of statecraft or moral integrity; I think it's more likely that he wanted an achievement, initially for election purposes (and posterity), and is willing to coerce, bribe, threaten and offer favours to get what he wants.
i saw the prime ministers of those countries thanking Trump for making it happen
The four states that signed the deal all made it happen for their own reasons.

UAE and KSA (Bahrain is just a satellite state) are trying to reshape the middle east, with the war in Yemen, their proxies in Libya and general shenanigans in the region. Trump has helped them contain Iran and Qatar, so they are desperate for him to win. This is a gift to help him achieve that.

MBS has close ties with this administration, and Trump has admitted to helping him get away with the khashoggi fiasco. He also needs their backing as internally he faces opposition from Royals who don't want to ascend to the throne.

UAE want the F-35 fighters, and this deal was pretty much a condition of that even having a chance of happening.

Bebe has always been under pressure at home, and this is very good deal for him, he gets Jerusalem and gets to normalize with major Arab states.

Overall I don't think the deal will have a positive impact. It's tactical rather than strategic, and would brobably collapse if the dems won, as the incentives for making it would be gone.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Surely that one is correct, though? Kind of.

At least in modern history.

Doesn't make it bad.
Mass incarceration and forced labor in prisons would also top being forced to stay in your home with access to Netflix and GrubHub I think.

Fingeredmouse

7 years on here and you've never heard the term "Caftard"? That's not berry berry shrew is it?

nimic

something nice
Scout
I can’t tell if you got the reference...
I don't care!

Mass incarceration and forced labor in prisons would also top being forced to stay in your home with access to Netflix and GrubHub I think.
Yeah, but I think the point was that this would be a national thing, it would affect everyone. Obviously there have been much greater injustices on a smaller scale. I do think putting it like "forced to enjoy Netflix and GrubHub" is a bit flippant. We can joke, but there's no doubt at all that lockdowns have had a severe mental health effect.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I don't care!

Yeah, but I think the point was that this would be a national thing, it would affect everyone. Obviously there have been much greater injustices on a smaller scale. I do think putting it like "forced to enjoy Netflix and GrubHub" is a bit flippant. We can joke, but there's no doubt at all that lockdowns have had a severe mental health effect.
Except that is not what I said. You reworded my statement in a way that completely undermines my point. I am saying that forced home lockdown can not be compared to slavery or mass incarceration by the fact that we have ACCESS to amenities that might mitigate the affects of the lockdown.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Except that is not what I said. You reworded my statement in a way that completely undermines my point. I am saying that forced home lockdown can not be compared to slavery or mass incarceration by the fact that we have ACCESS to amenities that might mitigate the affects of the lockdown.
In any case, my point was that this is a national measure which goes beyond any other national measure since slavery. It goes without saying that slavery was far worse, but then even Barr made that qualifier. Mass incarceration is terrible, but it's essentially a part of American society, and has been for a while. It's not temporary.

Offsideagain

Just finished reading ‘A year at the Circus’ by Jon Sopel the BBC America correspondent which charts the comings and goings of Trump’s staff amongst other things. I am more worried than ever that the blob will do something to start a conflict. He appears to be an ignorant slob and a bully but their economy is doing well and all his billionaire mates are also doing well. 15 cans of Diet Coke a day and six hours watching the TV. Trump was watching TV when a news station claimed he watched TV all day and he tweeted moments later that he didn’t! A good read.

SirAF

Ageist
Just finished reading ‘A year at the Circus’ by Jon Sopel the BBC America correspondent which charts the comings and goings of Trump’s staff amongst other things. I am more worried than ever that the blob will do something to start a conflict. He appears to be an ignorant slob and a bully but their economy is doing well and all his billionaire mates are also doing well. 15 cans of Diet Coke a day and six hours watching the TV. Trump was watching TV when a news station claimed he watched TV all day and he tweeted moments later that he didn’t! A good read.

nimic

something nice
Scout
7 years plus probably 3 or more years of lurking. Yep I never saw it - or I did and as I pointed out before it never stuck bc I didnt make the aforementioned negative connotation.
Mate mate mate mate mate.

You replied to this:

These threads often follow the same formula.

Caftard: I'm think about being unfaithful..
The Caf: Have a wank.
Caftard: Oh okay. Thanks!
With this completely normal post:

That's why I have many wanks.
Think about that next time you see me post. I'm wanking because of - and for you- guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.