The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Turtle is probably the greatest GOP senator in modern history if you look at it from a GOP pov. He has used Trump and now throws him under the bus. He fecking ruthless.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Turtle is probably the greatest GOP senator in modern history if you look at it from a GOP pov. He has used Trump and now throws him under the bus. He fecking ruthless.
I guess you could look at it like that, but he has also now overseen the Democrats gaining the Presidency and both chambers of Congress. It also remains to be seen what the consequences are of going against Trump. Half the base might rebel on him.

SirAF

Ageist
I guess you could look at it like that, but he has also now overseen the Democrats gaining the Presidency and both chambers of Congress. It also remains to be seen what the consequences are of going against Trump. Half the base might rebel on him.
Imagine, from a conservative POV, choosing Trump over McConnell. It could happen though!

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
No. No. No. No. No. I hate that this myth is going around. He literally accomplished nothing legislatively. His only two "victories" are obstructing everything Obama tried to do and pushing through a ton of ultra conservative judges. That's it. If that is a good senate leader than sure, but the job of the Senate is to make laws. He actively prevented his Senate from doing so, no matter the letter after the presidents name.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
No. No. No. No. No. I hate that this myth is going around. He literally accomplished nothing legislatively. His only two "victories" are obstructing everything Obama tried to do and pushing through a ton of ultra conservative judges. That's it. If that is a good senate leader than sure, but the job of the Senate is to make laws. He actively prevented his Senate from doing so, no matter the letter after the presidents name.
The judges thing is massive tbf

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
He has been effective at his job, though he is no Newt Gingrich in terms of destroying the country via one of the branches of Congress.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Never trust Mitch McConnell, a fundamental truth of the universe.

Revan

Assumptionman
Sheldon Adelson has croaked.

He’s probably the staunchest patron to the Donald, and a mega donor to GOP at large. Would be interesting to see if some GOPers find more freedom to distance themselves from Trump now he’s gone.
Oh, nice guy. We are supposed to say RIP and all that bullshit, right?

Dunno how this will affect the balance of evilness though. With him checking out (and also one of the Koch brothers), this probably mean that Mercers are the most powerful donors to GOP. And they are batshit crazy!

alsabi

So, is he going to look to bring forward the trial so that Trump can actually be removed before the 20th?

Revan

Assumptionman
The chinless cnut is powerful enough to sway enough votes, I assume?
Of course. I think most GOP senators who won't have elections till 2024 would go with it. And McConnell is highly respected, the GOP senators do whatever he says (except a few).

Revan

Assumptionman
So, is he going to look to bring forward the trial so that Trump can actually be removed before the 20th?
I believe that he cannot do it. The Senate is already in recess, and I think needs unanimous support to stop the recess. That is what I read, at least.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
I believe that he cannot do it. The Senate is already in recess, and I think needs unanimous support to stop the recess. That is what I read, at least.
Watching CNN earlier and as long as Majority and Minority leaders agree they can call them back. Legislation changed in 2004 I think it was.

Revan

Assumptionman
Watching CNN earlier and as long as Majority and Minority leaders agree they can call them back. Legislation changed in 2004 I think it was.
That would be cool. Removing Trump and banning him for being able to get elected in the future, it would be great.

It probably doesn't matter cause he wouldn't win in 4 years anyway, but it would be disgracing him which he more than deserves.

alsabi

That would be cool. Removing Trump and banning him for being able to get elected in the future, it would be great.

It probably doesn't matter cause he wouldn't win in 4 years anyway, but it would be disgracing him which he more than deserves.
I doubt he would actually run (if healthy and not in prison). Rather, would use the potential of a future campaign to retain as much media attention - and make as much money - as possible.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
I'm sure they'll be careful to allow juuuust enough Senators to cross over to say "look, we took this real serious" for their re-election campaigns, but not enough to convict.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
The judges thing is massive tbf
Sure, but anyone who was a cnut with a spine could have pulled that off. For me the real mark of a Senate titan is the ability to push legislation through. He has not done that, at all, even when R's controlled the House and Pres.

The Firestarter

The base are fickle morons who will care about what they’re told to care about in less than a year. The donors run the party.
I cant see most of the magas voting for another R unless trump explicitly tells them too. Hopefully it does not happen but I really can see him keeping the grift going.

Status
Not open for further replies.