The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Odin

Fair enough — but it was a comment not directly about him, but about the whole Republican establishment. He just happened to make the most inspiring speech.
I believe he was one of few Republicans who were openly opposed to Trump all the way, from the primaries, through the election 2016 and to this day. If anything, I'd say Arnold has shown some good political skills by compromising and at least in the public eye he has seemed to focus on sustainable development. From those who've seen it up close; how did he perform on water management policies? It must be one of the major concerns in California the last couple of decades.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout

Deutsche Bank, which has been Mr. Trump’s primary lender for two decades, has decided not to do business with Mr. Trump or his company in the future, according to a person familiar with the bank’s thinking. Mr. Trump currently owes Deutsche Bank more than $300 million, which is due in the next few years.
The bank has concluded that, short of forgiving the debt, it has no way to extricate itself from the Trump relationship before the loans come due.
Another longtime financial partner of the Trumps, Signature Bank, also is cutting ties. The bank — which helped Mr. Trump finance his Florida golf course and where Ivanka Trump, the president’s daughter, was once a board member — issued a statement calling on Mr. Trump to resign as president “in the best interests of our nation and the American people.”

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Didn't Kissinger have a deal with the Joint Chiefs in Nixon's last days to prevent the execution of any nuclear launch orders?

Crazy that Trump could still nuke a country.
I'm absolutely tired of people thinking something can't possibly happen with Trump, only to find out later he always broke expectations.
- He could't win the Republic nomination, it was just a publicity stunt
- Couldn't win the election against Hillary, was too bad a candidate for it to be possible
- Couldn't rule as stupidly as he campaigned, seriousness of the job would take over

Not even getting into what happened after the election.

I do still believe, however, neither Trump nor any other president could nuke something on a personal whim. I want to believe it isn't possible, there would have to be some logical (even if unrighteous) political or military goal backed up by the military for it to happen.

Am I being naive?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
feck Belichick, he’s only saying that because of the atmosphere right now, he’s had no problem cosying up to Trump before.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Feel like trump's gonna end up like the 2 cnuts from trading places ending up homeless and in the gutter in Coming to America.

Or atleast I hope.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Feel like trump's gonna end up like the 2 cnuts from trading places ending up homeless and in the gutter in Coming to America.

Or atleast I hope.
I'm now excited about the day Trump is caught untangling a stolen fish from his Santa beard.

Mike Smalling

Lost another ally. Big statement from BB
Can't help but notice that he writes "the decision has been made not to move forward with the award", rather than something like "I have decided not to accept the award". Sounds he is distancing himself from the decision. Or am I reading too much into this.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Can't help but notice that he writes "the decision has been made not to move forward with the award", rather than something like "I have decided not to accept the award". Sounds he is distancing himself from the decision. Or am I reading too much into this.
I thought the same but then I realized he accepted the award when he was nominated and informed about it and then decided after recent events to withdraw himself.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Belichick and Kraft are big Trumpers, and he’d have happily gone along with this if it had just been the last 3.75 years worth of Trump but the public pressure now won’t allow it.

This isn’t just a Pats hate comment either, the same is true of most NFL owners/GMs etc, including Elway.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
All these rats jumping ship. It's hilarious to watch. Reminds me of Ernie from Scarface.

InfiniteBoredom

Sheldon Adelson has croaked.

He’s probably the staunchest patron to the Donald, and a mega donor to GOP at large. Would be interesting to see if some GOPers find more freedom to distance themselves from Trump now he’s gone.

Foxbatt

Why hasn't Giuliani been awarded the MOF? He must be pestering Trumpet for it.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Belichick and Kraft are big Trumpers, and he’d have happily gone along with this if it had just been the last 3.75 years worth of Trump but the public pressure now won’t allow it.

This isn’t just a Pats hate comment either, the same is true of most NFL owners/GMs etc, including Elway.
I can totally see Jerry Jones accepting his award from his yacht like any good Bond villain would.

Kaos

Sheldon Adelson has croaked.

He’s probably the staunchest patron to the Donald, and a mega donor to GOP at large. Would be interesting to see if some GOPers find more freedom to distance themselves from Trump now he’s gone.
I always assumed he was dead for the last 10 years. Better late than never I suppose :angel:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Republicans preaching unity and healing as an exucse not to impeach Trump are a disgrace.

Status
Not open for further replies.