The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
What I'd give to have 3-5 minutes in a closed room with Roger Stone and a live television audience watching my inevitable smashing of his cnut face then standing over him, "That's for every woman you called a bitch" and "That's for every minority you slandered" and "That's for being a psycho worm loser."

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Interesting. It's all very mysterious. I wonder if the lookups themselves could have been the communication. Using the ping as a morse code like messaging system.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
It seems to the casual observer that the walls are closing in on Trump and yet there's a huge part of me thinking it's going to amount to nothing.

There's seemingly overwhelming evidence suggesting he's crooked as feck and Russia bought the election and everything else and yet nobody seems to get concrete things to land a punch on him.

I don't have any faith in a bipartisan investigation nor do I in anything the FBI or one of the other intelligence services might produce.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It seems to the casual observer that the walls are closing in on Trump and yet there's a huge part of me thinking it's going to amount to nothing.

There's seemingly overwhelming evidence suggesting he's crooked as feck and Russia bought the election and everything else and yet nobody seems to get concrete things to land a punch on him.

I don't have any faith in a bipartisan investigation nor do I in anything the FBI or one of the other intelligence services might produce.
I think they've got plenty of circumstantial evidence, they're just playing their hand well. So far they've done well at releasing just the right amount of information through the right channel.

Take Flynn and Sessions for example, if the IC had come out straight with all they knew, the response would have been a lot more calculated. Instead they put out suggestions of questionable things they think they might be guilty of in the form of vague allegations with it being insinuated that there is little evidence to back up these claims. So the denial was much bolder in response, and certain parties manage to tie themselves up with their own lies and all of a sudden the circumstantial evidence they do have is backed up somewhat by the blatant lies and complete lack of transparency.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout

This just about says it all really, that and the clip showing men not wanting to pay for prenatal care. It typifies the Republicans attitudes stuck somewhere in the last century. Right wingers are notoriously selfish pricks and make no bones about discriminating be it race, sex or wealth.

Carolina Red

Staff

This just about says it all really, that and the clip showing men not wanting to pay for prenatal care. It typifies the Republicans attitudes stuck somewhere in the last century. Right wingers are notoriously selfish pricks and make no bones about discriminating be it race, sex or wealth.
Such a disgusting piece of legislation

langster

Scout
Such a disgusting piece of legislation
It infuriates me, the rich just get richer. This is Trump 101 and it's why the Republicans love him so much, feck the poor guys, just give huge tax breaks and incentives to the rich. How on earth you can justify giving those who earn $1 million+ a further $54,000 tax break is beyond me. As you rightfully said, it's disgusting. More to the point, with all the cuts to the EPA, it just makes me feel physically sick, definitely depressed. On top of all that you then have his increased spending in the military and nuclear weapons, and it's obvious with tax breaks for the rich that yet again the poor and middle earners are going to end up paying for it all. Then you have cnuts like Paul Ryan patronising people by power point. They really do make me sick.

Neutral

BTV
So...so, inept or worse, Trump is purposefully sidelining everyone.

I get Tillerson is heading out on Asian tour...but, State didn't even know Mexican Foreign Minister was in town and holding meetings???

Blackwidow

I would in all sincerity like to do my own risk assessment. But the govt needs me to subsidize other people, so... I will probably pay more than I will ever cost, which is ok. But at least let's be honest about it.
In Germany you know that you normally have to pay about 7 per cent of your wage (the employer about the similar sum) until a special amount to have cover for you and the persons who depend on you (children and not working wife). So you never really have the money available. It is how it is - it never really gets into your own pocket so you never really have to think about it. It is the same with the other mandatory insurances. There might be ongoing discussions about the coverage, when pension starts, how many months you need to be working to be eligable for e.g. unemployment benefit or about the the percentages or sums - but never really about the sense behind it all. Maybe it is because you see the benefits of it, too - you see your grandmother that needs more medical care or you benefit from the collective insurance for your kids and wife.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
FECK YOU!

This is our world he is fecking with, our kids futures! This has made me so fecking angry, it shouldn't be allowed, they need to be stopped, NOW!
What a knut Trump is to allow a lawyer to run a EPA. Its all about the money and short term gains.

langster

Scout
What a knut Trump is to allow a lawyer to run a EPA. Its all about the money and short term gains.
My post was meant to be a little OTT just because it's such an important issue. It was reported a couple of months ago when it was rumoured Trump and co were going to pull out of the Paris agreement, that China, yes, CHINA, said that would be a monumental mistake in a time where the whole world needs to get on board with combatting climate change. This coming from a country that has taken years and years to catch up in just the basic acceptance of climate change, let alone doing something about it. It's only because of the continued bad publicity of how polluted many Chinese cities are, and the fact it has cost the country billions in healthcare due to illness. I think it started to turn around when the spotlight was on China for the Beijing Olympics in 2008, but whenever and whatever caused the turnaround is not important, only that it has happened and that they do seem to be entirely sincere in the fight against climate change. The fact that they are now lecturing the USA about it should be yet another major cause of embarrassment for Trump and his crew, but like everything else, they so far seem not to care and to carry on regardless and as if they know best. What will be interesting to see is how much pressure China and the rest of the world start to put Trump and the USA under, and their response and how they deal with it if that happens.

sglowrider

My post was meant to be a little OTT just because it's such an important issue. It was reported a couple of months ago when it was rumoured Trump and co were going to pull out of the Paris agreement, that China, yes, CHINA, said that would be a monumental mistake in a time where the whole world needs to get on board with combatting climate change. This coming from a country that has taken years and years to catch up in just the basic acceptance of climate change, let alone doing something about it. It's only because of the continued bad publicity of how polluted many Chinese cities are, and the fact it has cost the country billions in healthcare due to illness. I think it started to turn around when the spotlight was on China for the Beijing Olympics in 2008, but whenever and whatever caused the turnaround is not important, only that it has happened and that they do seem to be entirely sincere in the fight against climate change. The fact that they are now lecturing the USA about it should be yet another major cause of embarrassment for Trump and his crew, but like everything else, they so far seem not to care and to carry on regardless and as if they know best. What will be interesting to see is how much pressure China and the rest of the world start to put Trump and the USA under, and their response and how they deal with it if that happens.
I think China sees the green revolution as a business opportunity too. Its the largest solar panel manufacturer in the world. Thats the sort of factory jobs that could flourish in the States but instead, Trump's trying to bring back old dirty coal.

Its like trying to put the digital genie back into the analogue bottle.

Carolina Red

Staff
To add some perspective to this healthcare discussion for some who live outside of the USA (in more enlightened lands)...

One of my wife's coworkers told her over breakfast this morning that she had just gone to the gynecologist for the first time in 9 years. She hasn't been able to afford to go until now (newhire @ the hospital)

"Greatest country in the world" my ass

Carolina Red

Staff
Thats the sort of factory jobs that could flourish in the States but instead, Trump's trying to bring back old dirty coal.
Exactly! Alternative energy could create thousands upon thousands of middle class paying jobs, but NO we can't have that. Why? Because "tree huggers" that's why!

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Not just China, even fecking Al-Qaeda have been urging governments to plant more trees.:lol:

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
To add some perspective to this healthcare discussion for some who live outside of the USA (in more enlightened lands)...

One of my wife's coworkers told her over breakfast this morning that she had just gone to the gynecologist for the first time in 9 years. She hasn't been able to afford to go until now (newhire @ the hospital)

Too many iphones

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Exactly! Alternative energy could create thousands upon thousands of middle class paying jobs, but NO we can't have that. Why? Because "tree huggers" that's why!
Well, wind farms aren't any good either. They kill all the birds and ruin the scenery for inhabitants of the flat desolate plains of the western US where they're often located.

#GOPfacts

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Well, wind farms aren't any good either. They kill all the birds and ruin the scenery for inhabitants of the flat desolate plains of the western US where they're often located.

#GOPfacts
You'd think the GOP would be keen on wind turbines, what with them being white and powerful.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
So...so, inept or worse, Trump is purposefully sidelining everyone.

I get Tillerson is heading out on Asian tour...but, State didn't even know Mexican Foreign Minister was in town and holding meetings???

Well everyone who knew anything at the State department have been let go so saying that they don't know is probably going to be their standard reply from now on. The 37% budget cut they are facing is probably not going to help them find answers either.

langster

Scout
Thats the sort of factory jobs that could flourish in the States but instead, Trump's trying to bring back old dirty coal.
Yeah, I said exactly the same when @Fener1907 was pretending to be a Trump supporter :lol: Offshore windfarms, solar panels (especially in the vast desert and flatlands the USA has to offer) they could easily be completely self sufficient with green energy and employ hundreds of thousands of people too, but no, easier to take backhanders from the oil, coal and gas companies and destroy the earth, atmosphere and people's water supplies, streams & rivers etc with mining, drilling and fracking the shit out of everywhere.

Not just China, even fecking Al-Qaeda have been urging governments to plant more trees.:lol:
:lol: Brilliant.

You'd think the GOP would be keen on wind turbines, what with them being white and powerful.
Yep. Can't ruin the view of the flat grasslands for the whole 27 people that live there.
:lol:

sglowrider

sglowrider

Yeah, I said exactly the same when @Fener1907 was pretending to be a Trump supporter :lol: Offshore windfarms, solar panels (especially in the vast desert and flatlands the USA has to offer) they could easily be completely self sufficient with green energy and employ hundreds of thousands of people too, but no, easier to take backhanders from the oil, coal and gas companies and destroy the earth, atmosphere and people's water supplies, streams & rivers etc with mining, drilling and fracking the shit out of everywhere.
:lol:
I really dont know who doesn't agree with the above statement.
Really makes your wonder how Trump won.

The Russian hacking must be worse than they are willing to admit... the moment they admit that the Russians hack dramatically changed the results, every election decision will be possibly delegitimised or contested.

Nogbadthebad

It took two years for watergate to shake out, and this is far, far more serious in terms of impact on national security. Taking the worst possible outcome, you have a foreign actor in charge of the country.

They cannot just blurt this lot out, trump has been trying to de-legitimize any channels that this will come from, the media and the intelligence community. What this means is that if they, today, come out and say he is a traitor in the pay of russia, around 38% of the US will not believe them. That is how civil war starts.

They have to play it slower, as I have said, the releases follow a pattern, suggest wrongdoing, wait for denial, provide proof of wrongdoing, expose target as a liar. Only by doing it that way do they avoid a 'they said - we said' situation where people can choose what the truth is. These people incriminate themselves and allow no other option than that they are lying.

This will continue on slowly because that is the only way they can do it without destroying the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.