The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
I VOTED FOR TRUMP! TRUMP!

Weekly occurrence at the retail establishment I used to work at. Some customer blaming some sort of bias/racism because they are not getting their way. People are fecking idiots.

though I am going to bet it is becoming far more common to run into uppity Trump supporters. (yes I used uppity on purpose when referring to Trump supporters)

Neutral

BTV
I know I posted it...but, I do think in a few months a lot of this shit will die down. Trump supporters are giddy as hell...so they're acting out and obviously, for those of us on the losing side - things are still raw.

Unless of course it doesn't die down and I have to register my name in a muslim registry (Still not on the no fly list :score: )

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Fair play to the guy that stood up and called him out.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Romney is not that bad IMO. He talked a lot of shit when he was competing for president but his record is good for a Republican.
Considering the current options he looks like Bernie fecking Sanders right about now.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I VOTED FOR TRUMP! TRUMP!

just the tip of tip of the iceberg and going to get so much worse: in the run up to his inauguration and when he starts implementing policy.

The glimmer of hope is that decent people stand up, like the other man in the VDO.

But that is at great personal risk, especially in a country with so much legal and illegal gun ownership. Am surprised nobody has been killed yet.

Will Absolute

It was obviously a joke. No need to hound the poor guy.

I suppose the US takes threats against the president, and presumably president elect, very seriously.

Revan

Assumptionman
Hopefully he will be in charge of foreign policy and domestic policy.

Quite amazing, I would have loved Romney as president right now. Hoping that he gets Secretary of State. His views on most stuff are very center-based, in a time when Republicans have gone far-right.

For someone very religious, it is amazing to see how he supports evolution and thinks that creationism shouldn't be taught in schools, is pro-choice when it comes to abort, isn't anti-gay marriage and so on. Also, if I am not mistaken when he was governor he had his own 'Obamacare'.

And most importantly, he acknowledges the threat of global warming.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I wasn't dodging, just averse to writing a long, tedious post explaining something that's clear cut. As an American you may not be fully aware how widely distributed your media is outside the US - particularly in the English speaking world.

USA TODAY is sold on Irish newsstands. The same holds for Time and Newsweek. The NYT and Washington Post are freely available online, as is The Los Angeles Times.

As for American television, I've got a full Sky package with over a hundred channels. Both CBS and NBC evening news programs have been broadcast for decades. The 24 hour news channels are there - CNN, FOX, and Bloomberg. Plus CNBC. Kodi was a significant addition to the list: it had all the American networks, although I haven't checked it recently.

American issues also get extensive coverage in the British and Irish media.

Factor in the ubiquity of American fictional TV. Minority quotas, the ideological rules governing the participation and depiction of black and female characters are visible there. The American cultural debate is naked and obvious. Quite similar ideological impositions are to be found in Irish and British television.

It's possible to form a clear, if limited, impression of the American zeitgeist without setting foot on US soil.

Then how come you are so wrong so often?

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
Quite amazing, I would have loved Romney as president right now. Hoping that he gets Secretary of State. His views on most stuff are very center-based, in a time when Republicans have gone far-right.

For someone very religious, it is amazing to see how he supports evolution and thinks that creationism shouldn't be taught in schools, is pro-choice when it comes to abort, isn't anti-gay marriage and so on. Also, if I am not mistaken when he was governor he had his own 'Obamacare'.

And most importantly, he acknowledges the threat of global warming.
Very similar to Obamacare

Will Absolute

Then how come you are so wrong so often?
When?

The only 'prediction' I made about the US election was a few months ago, when I said that Democrats might yet regret choosing such a weak candidate to carry their banner. Not exactly Nostradamus, but it turned out to be correct. I'm sure they do regret that decision.

It's a forum in a football fan site. None of us spend hours mulling over our contributions before pressing 'Reply'. We're bound to express ourselves carelessly from time to time.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
It was obviously a joke. No need to hound the poor guy.

I suppose the US takes threats against the president, and presumably president elect, very seriously.
Seriously, though. People have lost their jobs for a lot less in the internet era. He was suspended and then resigned oh his own accord.

Basically, the point is that joking about shooting\killing people isn't cool.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Nikki Haley is the new favourite for Secretary of State. I don't know much about her, but fecking Satan would be better than John Bolton, so there is that.
I've looked up her Wikipedia and she seems normal-ish. If he's appealing to Romney too then he may be toning down his choices after the reaction to Bannon. Hopefully.

Ubik

I've looked up her Wikipedia and she seems normal-ish. If he's appealing to Romney too then he may be toning down his choices after the reaction to Bannon. Hopefully.
Flynn as National Security Advisor, though...

Secretary of State has had so many favourites that I'm skeptical of every new one now.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Flynn as National Security Advisor, though...

Secretary of State has had so many favourites that I'm skeptical of every new one now.
He's keeping us all on our toes. It's all so reality TV show, isn't it?:lol:

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Dear dear Ann doesn't like her...

Ann Coulter: Nikki Haley 'an immigrant' who doesn’t understand Confederate flag
If Trump does go down the route of the usual establishment figures within the party (which seems to be happening more now to an extent), I can't wait for the rage of all those who thought he'd bring in a new style of politics.:lol:

Jeb Bush in a major politician would almost seal that, if ever it were to happen.

Ubik

There were rumours about Petreaus earlier on. Petreaus, the guy that actually got done for being knowingly careless with classified material.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
There were rumours about Petreaus earlier on. Petreaus, the guy that actually got done for being knowingly careless with classified material.
Him or Romney would be great. Certainly better than Giuliani, Gingrich, or Haley.

If I were Trump - I'd put Petraeus as SecDef and Romney as SecState

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
If Trump does go down the route of the usual establishment figures within the party (which seems to be happening more now to an extent), I can't wait for the rage of all those who thought he'd bring in a new style of politics.:lol:

Jeb Bush in a major politician would almost seal that, if ever it were to happen.
He will. And they won't care.

Ubik

Him or Romney would be great. Certainly better than Giuliani, Gingrich, or Haley.

If I were Trump - I'd put Petraeus as SecDef and Romney as SecState
Romney would be a very sane choice, but would seem completely at odds with Trump on Putin/Russia and NATO.

Status
Not open for further replies.