The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fergies Gum

This guy is either being stupid or has something to hide with all his arse licking he has been doing.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
And there you have it. Verification that Trump tried to shut down the investigation.

Good job Angus King.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
"Can't answer that"
"Can't answer that"
There's something there.
Well, yeah - he specifically said "in an open setting" to which King replied "we'll have a closed setting soon, so we can revisit that" or something along those lines.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Just had a quite google of this Lankford guy, his positions are like a check list of right wing assholery.

Fergies Gum

What kind of bullshit question was that? Everybody got those fecking memos!
I think he meant copies of the memos.

Comey handed one copy over to the special prosecutor and another is still in the possession of his friend who leaked details of it to the NYTimes.

Fergies Gum

I know. But still. What sense does that question have.
Because i believe they've not got any copies of the memos yet.

They know the special prosecutor is not going to hand them over yet, so the next step is to get them from Comey's friend.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Comey is a pussy, there...I said it!

My thing about him in all this is that he KNOWS 100% what Trump was trying to do when Trump asked him for his loyalty and to let go the investigation of Flynn. He's a career public servant who's served in positions of intelligence...he's knows exactly what was going down and what's pissing me off is that he'd take a nuanced approach to these hearings to save his own skin. All while the country is going to shit being run by a kid with a mental condition.
The problem is that neither the US Congress is really interested in finding the truth. What would they do after Trump got kicked out? Absolutely nothing.

Fergies Gum

Pathetic. Cotton now resorting to quoting Feinstein on CNN that there was no collusion.

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
I don't think it is - am curious which situations you feel demonstrate this?
Clinton's E-mails and in fact, even the handling of matter we have at hand in this session today. There shouldn't be any love for him just based on the fact that Trump handled him wrong in a certain context. I'm strongly of the opinion that both Clinton and Trump, whoever won, should have fired him immediatly upon taking office.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Clinton's E-mails and in fact, even the handling of matter we have at hand in this session today. There shouldn't be any love for him just based on the fact that Trump handled him wrong in a certain context. I'm strongly of the opinion that both Clinton and Trump, whoever won, should have fired him immediatly upon taking office.
I thought the timing of him releasing the Clinton emails was troubling, but his response saying that the reason he released them when he did, was because he knew that delaying the release would have been a politically motivated reason - as opposed to releasing them when he became aware.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
So has he said anything legally damning that will nail Trump? Or is it just regurgitation of rumours and hypothesis? Have been watching most of it and cant tell either way.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
I did like Comey's comment when he wasn't 100% sure of dates of the 4 phone conversations that he would think about that whilst he was answering other questions :)

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
So has he said anything legally damning that will nail Trump? Or is it just regurgitation of rumours and hypothesis? Have been watching most of it and cant tell either way.
The fact that he took Trump's comments as a direction is him saying Trump tried to obstruct justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.