The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Yes, Hillary was a really bad candidate. The reasons for why Hillary was bad are many, chief among them the fact that she is wholly uninspiring, and has been the target of smear campaigns by conservative media for years, so she started out with a ton of baggage. Despite this, she beat Trump in the popular vote by 3 million votes. Had she bothered campaigning in states like Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, she'd have won it. But her campaign figured these states were safe, so they didn't bother, and that proved to be their downfall (along with their strategy of focusing on Trump rather than talking policy, sacrificing working class votes in favour of trying to court moderate republicans. Hillary Clinton is hated by republicans, so who knows where the feck they got the idea that she should try to court them.

Facebook memes.
All Robby Mook's fault. :mad:

Cal?

CR7 fan
Agree with you. I can't believe he said he sent generators to New York and New York is not using them.
Trump seems to think if he screws over the deep blue states like CA and NY, he'd win some votes in the swing states like FL. :rolleyes:

Cal?

CR7 fan
Once bitten twice shy

If after all of this Trump gets 2nd term then you can be sure the next republican nominee won't be too different than Trump.

They've found the magic formula.
Ivanka 2024

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Ivanka 2024
If Trump does win this presidency, Republicans are going to have an issue with the following election. His endorsement is going to be so important to them and I can’t see him endorsing anybody outside his family and I can see anyone outside the Trump base voting for Jr or Ivanka.

Drifter

American
Once bitten twice shy

If after all of this Trump gets 2nd term then you can be sure the next republican nominee won't be too different than Trump.

They've found the magic formula.
Yes. Suppressing voters. It's their only real chance

GiddyUp

Trying to own Trump supporters by saying you love that Mexican labour(basically slave labour and child labour) are making you're shit, is bit silly imo.

Just because Trump supporters hate globalisation doesn't suddenly make it a good thing.
Are you fecking serious? Globalization has a lot of drawbacks but it's also lifted so many people and countries out of poverty.
I say that I like that stuff is being made in Mexico and you post a picture of a family working in agriculture and go on about slave labor. Ridiculous reply. Not everyone in Mexico, India, Cina etc are exploited and when they are you can usually trace it back to the greed of people in developed nations. So come down off that high horse or empty your kitchen and wardrobe and practice what you preach.

Sweet Square

Are you fecking serious? Globalization has a lot of drawbacks but it's also lifted so many people and countries out of poverty.
Thread

Also the Communist Party Of China says Hi.

Also fyi every worker is exploited under capitalism

So come down off that high horse or empty your kitchen and wardrobe and practice what you preach.

Last edited:

GiddyUp

Thats the reality though. That photo I posted is of fruit pickers who earn around $10 a day and it's an industry that can also include child labour. Trump really makes liberals defend the dumbest shit possible.
The average hourly wage in Mexico is about $2.50. There is exploitation fecking everywhere, restaurant business in the US for one. You also replied to my comment that " I love that Mexicans are MAKING my shit" and you post a photo of agricultural workers. Go find a few pictures of industry and manufacturing that has come to these countries.
Globalization may have wiped out manufacturing in the midwest but it fecking saved the lives of hundreds of millions of family's around the world. Everyone on the planet can't make $25 an hour, especially with the way we allow corporations and governments to exploit everyone from the top down.
If people in red states want fecking jobs stop voting for fecking republicans.

Sweet Square

The average hourly wage in Mexico is about $2.50. There is exploitation fecking everywhere, restaurant business in the US for one. You also replied to my comment that " I love that Mexicans are MAKING my shit" and you post a photo of agricultural workers. Go find a few pictures of industry and manufacturing that has come to these countries.
Globalization may have wiped out manufacturing in the midwest but it fecking saved the lives of hundreds of millions of family's around the world. Everyone on the planet can't make $25 an hour, especially with the way we allow corporations and governments to exploit everyone from the top down.
If people in red states want fecking jobs stop voting for fecking republicans.
Look at the post I edited with the twitter thread.

Another dumb reply with a stupid picture.
How very Trump like.

Sweet Square

So now I'm a communist Trump supporter. Ridiculous
Wait! How did you come to that conclusion ? The twitter thread just shows the idea of globalisation benefiting millions or billions of people is bollocks(The real success story if there is one is that of the communist party in china)

Personally I think you're like every other well meaningful liberal. You like to feel a smug sense of satisfaction against stupid trump supporters(Who are of course racist morons)due to a completely empty and misguided form of cosmopolitanism(Being more than comfortable with consuming products made by cheap labour in the global south.).

Last edited:

Peter van der Gea

Likes Pineapple on well done Steak
If Trump does win this presidency, Republicans are going to have an issue with the following election. His endorsement is going to be so important to them and I can’t see him endorsing anybody outside his family and I can see anyone outside the Trump base voting for Jr or Ivanka.
Imagine Trump dying just before endorsing either Ivanka or Jr before 2024. It would be a GOT type kinslaying!

Small mercies...

GiddyUp

Wait! How did you come to that conclusion ? The twitter thread just shows the idea of globalisation benefiting millions or billions of people is bollocks(The real success story if there is one is that of the communist party in china)

Personally I think you're like every other well meaningful liberal. You like to feel a smug sense of satisfaction against stupid trump supporters(Who are of course racist morons)due to a completely empty and misguided form of cosmopolitanism(Being more than comfortable with consuming products made by cheap labour in the global south.).
Haha, what a crock of fecking shit. I hope every trump supporter gets fecked over every way possible and I'm proud of that. After are interaction her and you call me smug, back to bed son.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
So he’s citing the NYT, which I guess is for the time being not “failing” or “fake news” in order to bash the GOP mouth piece WSJ? You couldn’t make this shit up.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
His ratings-obsessed tweets aren't as vain as I thought - they're reminders to tv companies that, without Trump's presence, those companies are going to be 'losers'.
Yes, folks, it's only taken me three years to figure that out.

Silva

His ratings-obsessed tweets aren't as vain as I thought - they're reminders to tv companies that, without Trump's presence, those companies are going to be 'losers'.
Yes, folks, it's only taken me three years to figure that out.
:lol: he's just a narcissist dude, he used to obsess over ratings at his old tv show too

Foxbatt

He is a madman. Now New York times and Guardian are saying that they have seen communication from WHO to UK and USA around the 11th January informing them though China has said they have not seen any evidence of human to human transfer, WHO thinks it may happen and warning to be aware of any unknown illness and to be extra vigilant and to take extreme care and to test.
Furthermore, NT is saying that two researches are showing that it arrived in the US via Europe and not via China.

Drifter

American
Trump Family Loses Huge Court Fight to Force Fraud and Deceptive Practices Lawsuit into Secret Arbitration

NEW YORK (Reuters) - A federal judge in Manhattan rejected an effort by U.S. President Donald Trump and his adult children to send a lawsuit accusing them of exploiting their family name to promote a marketing scam into arbitration.

In a Wednesday night decision concerning the American Communications Network, U.S. District Judge Lorna Schofield accused the Trumps of acting unfairly by seeking arbitration after first obtaining "the benefits of litigating in federal court," including the dismissal of a racketeering claim.

"This conduct is both substantively prejudicial towards Plaintiffs and seeks to use the [Federal Arbitration Act] as a vehicle to manipulate the rules of procedure to Defendants' benefit and Plaintiffs' harm," Schofield wrote.

Defendants included Trump's adult children Donald Jr., Eric and Ivanka, and an affiliate of the Trump Organization.

"The court erred, and while we are disappointed, we will take an immediate appeal," Joanna Hendon, a lawyer for the Trumps, said in an email.

In the October 2018 complaint, the Trumps were accused of misleading victims into becoming salespeople for ACN, a multi-level marketing company that charged $499 for a chance to sell videophones and other goods.

According to the plaintiffs, the Trump family conned them into thinking Donald Trump, who had yet to become president, believed their investments would pay off.

They said the real goal was for the Trumps to enrich themselves, including through the receipt of millions of dollars in secret payments from 2005 to 2015.

The Trumps have called the lawsuit politically motivated, and said Donald's Trump's endorsement of ACN was merely his opinion.

In rejecting arbitration, Schofield noted the plaintiffs' claim that they had no reason to believe their agreements to arbitrate with ACN also covered the Trumps.

Roberta Kaplan, a lawyer for the plaintiffs, said in an email she looked forward to pursuing the proposed class action on behalf of her clients and "thousands of others like them who were defrauded by the Trumps."

Last July, Schofield said the plaintiffs could pursue state law claims of fraud, false advertising and unfair competition against the Trumps, despite dismissing the racketeering claim.

The case is Doe et al v Trump Corp et al, U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, No. 18-09936.

Don't Kill Bill

I say that I like that stuff is being made in Mexico and you post a picture of a family working in agriculture and go on about slave labor. Ridiculous reply. Not everyone in Mexico, India, Cina etc are exploited and when they are you can usually trace it back to the greed of people in developed nations. So come down off that high horse or empty your kitchen and wardrobe and practice what you preach.
If I remember correctly it was mostly Cina's mum who got exploited?

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Christ...
“Hopefully we’re going to be opening up - opening very very, very, very soon, I hope,” Trump said. The president said he’s looking into whether some parts of the economy can be reinstated sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.