The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vooon

Hal Institute for Criminally Insane Robots
He seems to have done very little today other than retweet a bazillion people who are talking about his Nobel nomination. He's so thin skinned it's unreal.
Ffs. The guy (Tybring-Gjedde) who nominated him is a politcal clown who belongs to the fifty shades of brown far right in Norwegian politics with about the same connection to reality as Trump. He's spent the last year or so trying to reestablish the Progress Party as a modern nationalistic patriotic light house, a description that in my opinion serves as a rather unpleasant link back to the National Rally of Quisling in the 30s and 40s. Absolutely no one, except that small bunch of nutters around him, take the guy seriously. He recently complained that none of his proposals during his 15 years in Parliament have been approved, and he's known to throw childish hissy fits if he's even lightly critised - on several occasions he's left meetings in protest because people have dared to contradict him, both within his own party and in Parliament. He's a absolute tool and a mentalist.

If he endorses you it's for all the wrong reasons.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Ffs. The guy (Tybring-Gjedde) who nominated him is a politcal clown who belongs to the fifty shades of brown far right in Norwegian politics with about the same connection to reality as Trump. He's spent the last year or so trying to reestablish the Progress Party as a modern nationalistic patriotic light house, a description that in my opinion serves as a rather unpleasant link back to the National Rally of Quisling in the 30s and 40s. Absolutely no one, except that small bunch of nutters around him, take the guy seriously. He recently complained that none of his proposals during his 15 years in Parliament have been approved, and he's known to throw childish hissy fits if he's even lightly critised - on several occasions he's left meetings in protest because people have dared to contradict him, both within his own party and in Parliament. He's a absolute tool and a mentalist.

If he endorses you it's for all the wrong reasons.
He'd definitely be a Nazi if he was alive during WW2. Same with Per-Willy Amundsen. I don't like Siv Jensen, but at least she managed to eventually curtail the far-right elements in her party. All bets are off when she steps down, particularly if Listhaug takes over.

SirAF

Ageist
He'd definitely be a Nazi if he was alive during WW2. Same with Per-Willy Amundsen. I don't like Siv Jensen, but at least she managed to eventually curtail the far-right elements in her party. All bets are off when she steps down, particularly if Listhaug takes over.
Imagine FrP controlled by Listhaug, Helgheim and Gjedde. Ducking hell, that’s (even more) grim!

Last edited:

Vooon

Hal Institute for Criminally Insane Robots
That is indeed a grim scenario. Wonder if the party will survive in one piece.

Anyway, nominating Trump for the Nobel Peace Price is delusional beyond rescue.

I see it was based on the peace deal between Israel and the UAE, the fact that he hasn't gone to war (that's lowering the bar!), and of course something about Obama not deserving it (surely a great argument). I'd argue that it would be pretty challenging to see through all the disgusting things he has said and done since he was elected. For instance, purposfully undermining a democracy and democratic institutions for his own personal gain might not count on the positive side either.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
I haven't seen this mentioned yet: Barr has the DOJ intervene in the rape case brought forward by Carroll against Trump. In 2019, Trump responded by calling her a liar, after which Carroll sued him for defamation. And so now the DOJ is trying the following:

For the full story, with lots of tweets and further background, see here. Among those tweets, this one seems to summarize the legal situation (and insanity of Barr's action):

A clear abuse of power. It's amazing that something as egregious as this is now par for the course, won't have any consequences for either Trump or Barr, and might not even become a major story (or last more than one day).

Law & Order!
Itll be fascinating to see how history remembers Barr. Either the start of the end of independent judiciary or an errant troll.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Barr should be impeached immediately.
What’s the point with a Republican senate? They will use it to get the base fired up for the elections.

One thing that absolutely needs to happen, but wont, if the Democrats were to get all three branches in November they need to bring in legislation which locks in the equal powers of the house and senate and rewrite the rules of an impeachment process so all evidence must be subpoenaed and presented at the trial. They really need to do a proper review of all the abuses of power Trump, McConnell and co have done over the last decade and bring in water tight reforms which stop it happening again.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
What’s the point with a Republican senate? They will use it to get the base fired up for the elections.
True, it’s just infuriating seeing such brazen corruption going on unpunished.

One thing that absolutely needs to happen, but wont, if the Democrats were to get all three branches in November they need to bring in legislation which locks in the equal powers of the house and senate and rewrite the rules of an impeachment process so all evidence must be subpoenaed and presented at the trial. They really need to do a proper review of all the abuses of power Trump, McConnell and co have done over the last decade and bring in water tight reforms which stop it happening again.
I wouldn’t hold your breath on this either, the Dems don’t have much of a spine between them.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I wouldn’t hold your breath on this either, the Dems don’t have much of a spine between them.
I am far more cynical than that. While I agree they won't do it, I am convinced it's because they want to leave all those lovely loopholes in for themselves to abuse. Just like executive orders and gerrymandering and this abomination

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
They all knew and did nothing. This is Pelosi, visiting Chinatown on Feb 24, calling the situation safe. She received the exact same briefings as Trump.

We are pawns on their political chessboard. They want us to be outraged and go after each other. Divided and weak.
So stop making it worse by pretending this is in any way the same.

GiddyUp

real recognize real

With all the dick sucking he does on this guy in the media not once have I heard him mention the plight of the people of NK. He cared more about an imaginary row of condominiums than millions of starving and abused people.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...

They should scorch earth everything the GOP has done in the past 4-6 years from SCOTUS noms and court packing, to numerous bills and repeals. Like @Rado_N said they lack the spine, the cojones to do much of anything. But they're a center-right party so what should we truly expect?

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
@MrMarcello
if you want to waste their time, don't reply. at least for the bernie campaign, we were told to keep texting everybody unless they told us they don't want texts or abused us or bernie explicitly.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
You can look up the stats for front line workers. The divide is pretty obvious.
What in the feck does that have to do with allegedly withholding Trump's downplaying of the virus?

You can say that's a shitty thing to do if you want, but pinning it to race out of absolutely nowhere is just the dumbest angle you could possibly take from that. It's exactly as fecking stupid as if you decided that he, as a THIN person, wants to kill off all the fatties because he knows that covid kills a higher proportion of them. :rolleyes:

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
You're wrong. Sitting on such information to help your book sales is absolutely disgusting.
And you’re wronger. Do you really think Trump’s base would listen to Woodward over Trump? Not that I expect you to answer that since you treat questions like Trump treats the truth. After all, in @entropy ’s world there is no difference between Trump and Biden.

entropy

What in the feck does that have to do with allegedly withholding Trump's downplaying of the virus?

You can say that's a shitty thing to do if you want, but pinning it to race out of absolutely nowhere is just the dumbest angle you could possibly take from that. It's exactly as fecking stupid as if you decided that he, as a THIN person, wants to kill off all the fatties because he knows that covid kills a higher proportion of them. :rolleyes:
He is a journalist. It is literally his job. And this was back in March. Withholding such information is malpractice imo. Not to mention, he is going to personally profit from it.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
He is a journalist. It is literally his job. And this was back in March. Withholding such information is malpractice imo. Not to mention, he is going to personally profit from it.
I do love how all your outrage is directed to a reporter and not the president. It’s cute.

Halftrack

You're wrong. Sitting on such information to help your book sales is absolutely disgusting.
What info? That known liar and idiot Donald Trump is a liar and an idiot? Literally every expert and health organisation out there were saying "THIS IS DANGEROUS!" The kind of people who listen to Trump over those experts are the kind of people who wouldn't have given a single shit about Trump being caught in a lie, just like they didn't give a shit every other time he was caught in one.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I do love how all your outrage is directed to a reporter and not the president. It’s cute.
2 wrongs dont make right.

I'm anti Trump btw. But What woodward did in my view is unethical, profiteering for his book sales, vested with interest (at least timing wise). Crime? Nope. Just unethical.

This is not whatabouterry and me saying trump is innocent.

SirAF

Ageist
Absolute bullshit. The argument about a personal profit is also idiotic at best, Woodward is 77 years old and one of the most respected journalists in the world - you can bet your ass he is more concerned about «getting it right».

Last edited:

decorativeed

2 wrongs dont make right.

I'm anti Trump btw. But What woodward did in my view is unethical, profiteering for his book sales, vested with interest (at least timing wise). Crime? Nope. Just unethical.

This is not whatabouterry and me saying trump is innocent.
I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.