Music The Ultimate Metal thread.

Nearco

youth team player
Not Metal as such, but it was this band way back in the early 80s that got me into it. This is them at their best.

Minkaro

Wendy Dio said:
Today my heart is broken, Ronnie passed away at 7:45am 16th May.
Many, many friends and family were able to say their private good-byes
before he peacefully passed away. Ronnie knew how much he
was loved by all. We so appreciate the love and support that you have
all given us. Please give us a few days of privacy to deal with this
terrible loss. Please know he loved you all and his music will live on forever. Wendy
It's on his official website and the Facebook page.

I can't believe he's gone. One of the greatest singers to grace the music world with his presence.

Lance Uppercut

I got above half of them before I became bored. Just naming popular bands gets you a bunch.

Lance Uppercut

That album went to number one in Poland. How awesome is that?

Lance Uppercut

Are they the first Polish band to reach the top of Poland's charts?
fecked if I know. I would hazard a guess that they are the first Polish band who sound like that to have topped Poland's charts.

EvilChuck

fecked if I know. I would hazard a guess that they are the first Polish band who sound like that to have topped Poland's charts.
Thats what I meant. First Polish metal band, Its late :lol:

I guess this would make them bigger than Vader now then, which is all the more impressive considering the 10 or so year head start Vader had

Lance Uppercut

A new Witchery album has been released. First single (probably ever), can you guess the guest soloist?

I wasn't completely sold on 'Don't Fear the Reaper', but I love the previous three. Having given this one a listen, I believe it is a return to form. Or what I consider to be "form", anyway.

MG

i like 70s and early 80s metal for the fact that it had a dramatic concept to it. sabbath, priest, maiden et al all proclaimed in dramatic style the battle between 'good' and 'evil' and a fascination with the occult, and the listener was always projected through the aid of lyrics and satanic type power riffs into supporting the dark side.
Well said, I'd agree with most of that. The earliest metal bands are the best.

And Death Metal is shite.

Edit - I do like Opeth though.

Doevle

New up and coming Norwegian Metal / Hardcore Punk band called Kvelertak (In English, Stranglehold).

Nearco

youth team player
And anyone who thinks early metal bands were the best really needs to listen to bands like these. ISIS shat all over 99.99% of 70s and 80s metal.

EvilChuck

Been listening to a bit of Kataklysm recently. 'Temple of Knowledge' and 'Sorcery' are two fantastic albums that I always end up going back to.

:drool: