The (un)Holy Trinity

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Tevez? The same Tevez who was part of the trio that produced arguably our best fluid attacking football since the beginning of this century, and who played a huge part in our 2008 CL win?
The same Tevez who took pops at United and Fergie at every opportunity after he left to join our rivals, the same Tevez who held up a "RIP Fergie" poster after he won the league with our rivals. The man's a cretin, who's hated by both sides of Manchester despite being successful with both clubs.

TsuWave

Veron - expensive flop
Heinze - solid then tried to push through a move to Liverpool of all teams
Tevez - less said about that cretin the better
Di Maria - gave nothing, flopped.

Wouldn't call Rojo a success and this is his 5th season..

Any I missed?
Heinze and Tevez were both successes
Romero is too

Cockney Phil

Anderson was a great player for us. I would take him back if it was possible - energy, drive and skilful.

Tevez is an idiot but with the gift of being able to play footy. Even though he did well for us I never liked him - he seemed wrong and so it proved when he moved on.

I don’t get why we bought Fred. He’s lively enough and has some potential but we are so in need of a CB, that he seems superfluous to our future.

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
Veron - expensive flop
Heinze - solid then tried to push through a move to Liverpool of all teams
Tevez - less said about that cretin the better
Di Maria - gave nothing, flopped.

Wouldn't call Rojo a success and this is his 5th season..

Any I missed?
Romero? I’d say he’s been a huge success and a fantastic back up keeper to DDG.

Moriarty

The same Tevez who took pops at United and Fergie at every opportunity after he left to join our rivals, the same Tevez who held up a "RIP Fergie" poster after he won the league with our rivals. The man's a cretin, who's hated by both sides of Manchester despite being successful with both clubs.
Tevez is as thick as two short planks but a bloody good player to boot. I didn't mind so much that he went to City because, at the time, I thought he was being led by the nose by his agent/owner and Cook, who put that stupid poster up. What changed my mind was the penalty he scored against us in the League Cup. The look on his face afterwards said it all.

MoskvaRed

Our Argentines have (Di Maria aside) contributed way more than our Brazilians. The Anderson nostalgia is slightly worrying - pound for pound (in terms of monetary value rather than weighing in on the scales), he is one of the worst buys United have ever made if you try to assess his 2007 fee in 2018 terms.

Alemar

There were worse Brazilian players than those mentioned. With all due respect, Pereira is not near the level at which Kleberson and Anderson once were, and not young enough for hopes of big improvement to be alive, sadly. With Fred, there are hopes still as he is new to the team and should be given more time (Pereira had enough of it).

Still, all the above mentioned are miles ahead of such shambolic midfielders we also purchased as, say, Eric Djemba Djemba, so its all relative...

Eire Red United

He’s since shown himself to be a twat, but thats nothing to do with how good he was for us.

rpg

. T. Kuschazk

Darmian The Donut P. Jones A. Buttner

. B. Sweinsteiger
Djemba Djemba Kleberson

Bebe Fellaini Bellion

Imagine what this team can get for us.

Dante

Average bang
Tevez? The same Tevez who was part of the trio that produced arguably our best fluid attacking football since the beginning of this century, and who played a huge part in our 2008 CL win?
Fluid attacking? I think you're misremembering that era.

We were successful, but not fluid. Tevez was here for two seasons. In the first, the team was setup defensively with the chief aim to allow Ronaldo to do his thing. In the second, we scored only 68 league goals: the same as Mourinho's side last season.

Last edited:

MrPooni

. T. Kuschazk

Darmian The Donut P. Jones A. Buttner

. B. Sweinsteiger
Djemba Djemba Kleberson

Bebe Fellaini Bellion

Imagine what this team can get for us.
No room for 'The Angolan Messi' Manucho? And how is Taibi not between the sticks?

Giggs86

He's a tw*t, no doubt about that. Doesn't make him a flop though.

Jam

To be fair the main problem in midfield was Scott McTomidinho.

At least Fred and Pereira have some ability on the ball. Mctominay is meant to be there to give them the platform to play and yet he had the least presence of the three. I'm still not sure what he is supposed to be.

We're now just picking him because mourinho picked him, and no one really knows why mourinho picked him.
Because he's 6'4

Giggs86

Fluid attacking? I think you're misremembering that era.

We were successful, but not fluid. Tevez was here for two seasons. In the first, the team was setup defensively with the chief aim to allow Ronaldo to do his thing. In the second, we scored only 68 league goals: the same as Mourinho's side last season.
You might get that looking at the stats, but Rooney-Ronaldo-Tevez produced our most exciting and fluid football in the final third in the last 17-18 years.

Giggs86

Our Argentines have (Di Maria aside) contributed way more than our Brazilians. The Anderson nostalgia is slightly worrying - pound for pound (in terms of monetary value rather than weighing in on the scales), he is one of the worst buys United have ever made if you try to assess his 2007 fee in 2018 terms.
The Anderson nostalgia has a lot to do with him owning Fabregas in one game, back when Fabregas was the best CM in the league probably. Anderson was more of a cult 'hero' due to that and his goofy personality. As a player, I honestly can't recall even a handful of good games he had for us. The only good thing I remember is him being a beast in that Arsenal game and his penalty in Moscow. Other than that, he's a flop IMO.

the_irish123

The Anderson nostalgia has a lot to do with him owning Fabregas in one game, back when Fabregas was the best CM in the league probably. Anderson was more of a cult 'hero' due to that and his goofy personality. As a player, I honestly can't recall even a handful of good games he had for us. The only good thing I remember is him being a beast in that Arsenal game and his penalty in Moscow. Other than that, he's a flop IMO.
Interesting, so Anderson was a flop but SAF kept him in the team for almost 10 years, playing several important games including Europe and scoring a crucial penalty for our title. Some posters here..

the_irish123

How many Brazilians have made it in the premier league not just at United?
Juninho, Firmino, Ederson, Fernandinho, Diego Costa, Coutinho, Willian, F.Aurelio?

The ones who might be controversial are Ando, Rafael who to me were mild success stories.

Alisson, Richarlison, Felipe Anderson look like they'll make it. Imo Fabinho will too. So yeah a lot of players.

Giggs86

Interesting, so Anderson was a flop but SAF kept him in the team for almost 10 years, playing several important games including Europe and scoring a crucial penalty for our title. Some posters here..
That's exactly what a flop means. One crucial penalty and less than a handful of games to remember him by. And SAF didn't keep him in the team for 10 years. More like 5-6 years, during which he was injured/out of shape for long stretches.

Was a really exciting young player at first who could shoot, dribble, bomb through the middle and had a good eye for pass. Never lived to his potential.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
You might get that looking at the stats, but Rooney-Ronaldo-Tevez produced our most exciting and fluid football in the final third in the last 17-18 years.
The point is that everything that Ferguson did is seen through rose-tinted attacking sunglasses. Ferguson was just as pragmatic as Mourinho, but he spent time blowing smoke up the fans’ arses.

RyRy11

Juninho, Firmino, Ederson, Fernandinho, Diego Costa, Coutinho, Willian, F.Aurelio?

The ones who might be controversial are Ando, Rafael who to me were mild success stories.

Alisson, Richarlison, Felipe Anderson look like they'll make it. Imo Fabinho will too. So yeah a lot of players.
Costa sees himself as Spanish. So that’s 9 players (I personally wouldn’t include ando or the twins) that have made it so far in 26 years which isn’t my definition of “A lot”.

Timothy Burns

How do people rate Oscar at Chelsea?

Costa sees himself as Spanish. So that’s 9 players (I personally wouldn’t include ando or the twins) that have made it so far in 26 years which isn’t my definition of “A lot”.
I think it's hard to think of Brazillians who has played in the league, but not necessarily world beaters. I'm sure there are a ton of Brazillian Danny Drinkwaters, Joe Harts, Jonny Evans' etc. People who would have "made it" if given the chance, but who won't because there are equally good local alternatives who require a lot less paperwork to sign. The players listed above are the ones you pay to go see (and some goalkeepers and left backs). I'm not sure there's many more English players with the same "stature" or skill in the same period of time.

the_irish123

There were barely any Brazilian players in EPL untill like 2006. Costa being Spanish is like if Sterling went from Liverpool to Milan at age 20 and became Italian, plus he played for the Brazilian national team, he just didn't like how Scolari treated him.

Boscoh

I dunno, I think Fred would have found it a lot easier if we didn't have to wait 10 minutes to get the ball back every time he lost it, and wasn't being closed down by multiple players every time he did get it due to Mctominay being nowhere to be found. We didn't exactly improve when he was taken off.

I actually think Fred is a decent player but some of his passing today was baffling.
It seems you really don't like McTominay cuz he wasn't the person losing possession all over the picth

Last edited by a moderator:

noodlehair

"It's like..."
It seems you really don't like McTominay cuz he wasn't the person losing possession all over the picth
I understand what Fred is suppose to be doing when he plays and I understand that he can pick out a good pass and has decent technical ability. He just had a rubbish game. He's been too erratic so far in general.

I don't understand what mctominay's job in the team actually is as he didn't really seem to be doing anything at all. I don't dislike him but this seems to be the case whenever he plays. Explain to me what he is supposed to be good at?

Im not trting to be mean but if you're in the Manchester United first team it should really be for a reason.