The vaccines | vaxxed boosted unvaxxed? New poll

How's your immunity looking? Had covid - vote twice - vax status and then again for infection status

• Vaxxed but no booster

• Boostered

• Still waiting in queue for first vaccine dose

• Won't get vaxxed (unless I have to for travel/work etc)

• Past infection with covid + I've been vaccinated

• Past infection with covid - I've not been vaccinated

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Don't read 'several web pages' just look at the official NHS guidance, which states..

If you've recently tested positive for coronavirus, you should wait until 4 weeks after the date you were tested positive to get any dose of the vaccine. You should do this even if you have no symptoms.

So roughly speaking, if you tested positive on the first of the month, you could get a booster from the 29th.... ;)
Thanks, I couldn't see that for want of looking on the NHS page.

Appreciate the answer.

ManchesterYoda

I got my booster yesterday. Very mild dull ache in arm. No other symptoms. Would almost prefer to be flattened by it as that would make the effect feel more powerful!
What are your thoughts on serious vaccine side effects being caused by accidental injection into a blood vessel rather than the muscle? Millions of people getting vaccinated, vast majority are lucky and it is injected into the muscle of the arm like it should be. They then suffer normal mild side effects and develop an immune response in the cells of their arm muscle. A minority are unlucky and it is injected into a blood vessel. This is very bad. They suffer very serious side effects and a wide range too because it is travelling throughout the entire body and the immune response develops anywhere it happens to land. Makes sense that of all the possible places to land travelling through the blood vessels of the body, the most common place would be the heart. Now let's assume this is the reality of what's happening and there is no other danger associated with the vaccines. The only danger is accidental injection into a blood vessel. If every vaccine was injected into the arm muscle and no vaccine was ever injected into the blood vessel, there would be ZERO serious side effects, only mild normal side effects. ZERO serious side effects would mean any person reluctant to get vaccinated would not be able to use serious side effects as a reason not to get vaccinated. This would indirectly lead to increased vaccine uptake and it would be significant too as for many it is the main reason for their vaccine hesitancy. There is a very simply remedy to this too.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
What are your thoughts on serious vaccine side effects being caused by accidental injection into a blood vessel rather than the muscle? Millions of people getting vaccinated, vast majority are lucky and it is injected into the muscle of the arm like it should be. They then suffer normal mild side effects and develop an immune response in the cells of their arm muscle. A minority are unlucky and it is injected into a blood vessel. This is very bad. They suffer very serious side effects and a wide range too because it is travelling throughout the entire body and the immune response develops anywhere it happens to land. Makes sense that of all the possible places to land travelling through the blood vessels of the body, the most common place would be the heart. Now let's assume this is the reality of what's happening and there is no other danger associated with the vaccines. The only danger is accidental injection into a blood vessel. If every vaccine was injected into the arm muscle and no vaccine was ever injected into the blood vessel, there would be ZERO serious side effects, only mild normal side effects. ZERO serious side effects would mean any person reluctant to get vaccinated would not be able to use serious side effects as a reason not to get vaccinated. This would indirectly lead to increased vaccine uptake and it would be significant too as for many it is the main reason for their vaccine hesitancy. There is a very simply remedy to this too.
I’ve heard about that theory and I’m not convinced. It’s difficult to get a needle into a vein without a tourniquet. And the average deltoid isn’t exactly bulging with veins. Plus the doctors and nurses giving these injections know what they’re doing.

I just think rare side effects are unavoidable. Every medicine known to man has side effects. When you treat billions of people with the same medicine then a lot of them are going to get side effects, some very serious. It’s unfortunate but unavoidable. The main thing is that the risk of side effects should always outweigh the risk of not being given the medicine (in this instance, the risk of getting very sick from covid)

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
I got my booster a few days ago and felt nothing but a sore arm afterward. Same with all 3 jabs.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Just shy of 48 hours on and all the aches I've had have suddenly gone. My arm and armpit area were so sore last night so I'm delighted it's all over.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Anyone else had side effects kicking in after 48 hours? Got boostered on Wednesday midday (Pfizer, 3rd time pfizer), felt a bit weaker but fine otherwise until yesterday evening when suddenly proper strong headache set in accompanied by a bit of body ache and general feeling of being unwell. Literally out of nowhere but about exactly 60 hours after I got my shot.

I might not have it put down to be from the vaccine but now I remember that for my first shot it was the exact same although less severe (slightly weak but ok, suddenly headache after 60 hours), weirdly enough second shot wasn't like that at all.

Feeling better now although still slightly off, very weird because with other vaccines I'm used to a time frame of 24-48 hours and then being back to normal.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Anyone else had side effects kicking in after 48 hours? Got boostered on Wednesday midday (Pfizer, 3rd time pfizer), felt a bit weaker but fine otherwise until yesterday evening when suddenly proper strong headache set in accompanied by a bit of body ache and general feeling of being unwell. Literally out of nowhere but about exactly 60 hours after I got my shot.

I might not have it put down to be from the vaccine but now I remember that for my first shot it was the exact same although less severe (slightly weak but ok, suddenly headache after 60 hours), weirdly enough second shot wasn't like that at all.

Feeling better now although still slightly off, very weird because with other vaccines I'm used to a time frame of 24-48 hours and then being back to normal.
Perhaps you should get a covid test to make sure that's not what it is.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Perhaps you should get a covid test to make sure that's not what it is.
Just did one, it's negativ. Would've also surprised me a lot because I don't have the classical symptoms (soar throat, running nose, cough, fever) at all and like I said, the sudden onset of the headache has been very much vaccineesque - just surprisingly late.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Not even so much as a sore arm yet. Started to wonder if they’ve actually injected me with anything :lol:
Yeah, I got that too. I’m a terrible worrier at the best of times so started convincing myself they defrosted it too soon and I was injected with a dud. Don’t you have any ache at all in the injection site? Took 24 hours but I did eventually get a dull (very mild) ache. Only lasted 12 hours or so.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Yeah, I got that too. I’m a terrible worrier at the best of times so started convincing myself they defrosted it too soon and I was injected with a dud. Don’t you have any ache at all in the injection site? Took 24 hours but I did eventually get a dull (very mild) ache. Only lasted 12 hours or so.
No aches or anything but the area where they injected me is tender to touch.

Most likely hit me with a vengeance tomorrow :lol:

Flying_Heckfish

Yeah similar thing here. Had mine weds AM, absolutely fine until Thurs ~11pm. I wasn't ill, but I had a few aches and I couldn't sleep.

Balljy

Anyone know how long a booster takes to update on the NHS app? Had it Wednesday and still no update.
It was a day for my booster, but on the leaflet they handed out to me it said to allow up to 10 working days as some places enter and upload at a later date.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Got the booster at 9:30 this morning, arm’s been a bit achy this afternoon but that’s all.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Cheers. I had similar with the others. Apparently the glands? I'm not that well up on it. It's odd though as can see the water under the skin on that side!
You’ve a load of lymph nodes in your armpit. That’s where a lot of the cells that drive your immune response live (making antibodies etc) so if you get a vigorous response to the vaccine the lymph nodes can get very swollen. With extreme swelling you can get a collection of fluid as well. Should settle down in the next couple of days.

TheReligion

Abusive
You’ve a load of lymph nodes in your armpit. That’s where a lot of the cells that drive your immune response live (making antibodies etc) so if you get a vigorous response to the vaccine the lymph nodes can get very swollen. With extreme swelling you can get a collection of fluid as well. Should settle down in the next couple of days.
Thanks! What does that mean about my body/immune system? Good or bad thing to get a reaction like that?

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Cheers. I had similar with the others. Apparently the glands? I'm not that well up on it. It's odd though as can see the water under the skin on that side!
I can tell you that on the vaccine trial I was involved with it was one of the things they checked (neck and armpits) on the physical exam prior to dose 1, again three weeks later before dose 2, and then two weeks after that on the follow up session. It has been seen with other vaccines historically and it's not an unusual reaction. In fact they advise people to postpone routine (not ones in response to finding a lump or whatever) mammograms until a couple of weeks after taking vaccines in order not to get odd results and go through the panic of being told the mammogram was unreadable or suspicious.

It wouldn't be a surprise if it's more common after a booster jab. A few days of it maybe?.

TheReligion

Abusive
I can tell you that on the vaccine trial I was involved with it was one of the things they checked (neck and armpits) on the physical exam prior to dose 1, again three weeks later before dose 2, and then two weeks after that on the follow up session. It has been seen with other vaccines historically and it's not an unusual reaction. In fact they advise people to postpone routine (not ones in response to finding a lump or whatever) mammograms until a couple of weeks after taking vaccines in order not to get odd results and go through the panic of being told the mammogram was unreadable or suspicious.

It wouldn't be a surprise if it's more common after a booster jab. A few days of it maybe?.
Thank you. I had the booster Wednesday morning gone. The soreness in my arm has pretty much disappeared now but still have the swelling under the armpit and running down my lat. If I press on it then it's a little sore but you can see the excess water. I'm quite lean so big difference between each side.

finneh

Randomly got my booster a couple of hours ago. Was due on 21st but drove the wife to the clinic for hers and they had some spare jabs going so job done.

Everyone I've known has been on their arse for the 24h after the booster so it's going to be an interesting day...

Last edited:

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Feeling any better mate?
Yeah. Still feels like I got run over by a car, but better.
Probably didn't help the matter that I was exiting a pain period so had 2 days off morphine as the morning started.
Lucases grandma took care of him and our dog today, so wifey and me have relaxed in front of the tv. :)

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Yeah. Still feels like I got run over by a car, but better.
Probably didn't help the matter that I was exiting a pain period so had 2 days off morphine as the morning started.
Lucases grandma took care of him and our dog today, so wifey and me have relaxed in front of the tv. :)
Do yourself a favour and don’t switch on the football.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
All I'm reading is about massive queues for boosters in Ireland. 3 to 4 Hours.
I'm not going to do that. I'd be prepared to not see anyone for a while rather than stand in a cold queue for hours.

The boosters roll out here seems to be a bit of a mess

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Just had my booster. Had a text from the NHS on Friday and had the booster at 9am this morning.

sugar_kane

Had a text from my GP this morning to remind me to book, and was in and out within an hour of booking online - very efficient.

Didn't feel a thing so kudos to the medic who administered it, genuinely thought he was having me on when he said it had been done - very surreal feeling.

It's hurting a bit now but no sign of the disgusting side effects I had after my second Moderna jab, so fingers crossed should be fairly mild this one.