The West Wing

Dowders_Jnr

I got the seven season box-set about a year ago from HMV. I actually had a £20 gift card that had been burning a hole in my wallet for a month or so. My brother had recommended The West Wing to me, but I was wary about getting absorbed in another long series, but seven seasons for £30 felt like being worth the investment. It was the biggest bargain of my life!

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Just finished Season 2, what a brilliant finale. The scene with the President in the Cathedral was brilliant.

I love this show.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
This has to be one of the best scenes ever on TV

You are just on season 2??? You are so lucky .... you have 5 full seasons ahead of you, Im so jealous.

I was addicted big time when I discovered this show. The West Wing is in my opinion the best TV show ever made.

Might start re watching it all again. :cool:

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Leo and the President are probably my favourite characters. But then I think CJ is brilliant too, and Sam. Then there is Toby and Josh, and Donna! She's funny.
so you like all of them?? :lol::lol:

Josh is my fav character but Jed Bartlett man, what a fecking duuuuude man.

Whats next?

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Season 3 Episode 10, where Leo is in front of the Congressional Commitee, is one of the best episodes of TV ever. What an episode. This really is the greatest TV show ever made.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
I'm on Season 7 episode 9. Watched the first five seasons in the summer where I was completely addicted watching episode after episode till 4 in tne morning. Dragged the last two seasons out. Honestly think I'll be gutted when I see the last episode

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I'm on Season 7 episode 9. Watched the first five seasons in the summer where I was completely addicted watching episode after episode till 4 in tne morning. Dragged the last two seasons out. Honestly think I'll be gutted when I see the last episode
What did you think of the debate episode around that point in season 7?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
You will be.

You might want to try 'Commander In Chief' which is a series about what happens when a woman becomes US President. Kinda similar but abit less high brow. Its only one series and I quite enjoyed it.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
'you will be' suggesting you didn't like the way it ended? Or just gutted that it's over?

I meant to watch that Commander In Chief but forgot all about it, thanks for the reminder, will have to find that!

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
'you will be' suggesting you didn't like the way it ended? Or just gutted that it's over?

I meant to watch that Commander In Chief but forgot all about it, thanks for the reminder, will have to find that!
As in I was totally gutted when I watched season 7 til the end knowing there were no more after that :( I only discovered The West Wing about 12 months ago and then preceded to watch all 7 series over a period of about 4 months. It was just fantastic TV. Thinking of starting it all over again soon!

Yes, as a fan of West Wing, you will defo enjoy 'Commander in Chief'.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I remember when season 7 came out, I was both majorly excited and also disappointed in knowing there was no more. Bloody great show, have watched it through so many times and it never gets old.

Will post up when I've watched Commander in Chief!

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
What did you think of the debate episode around that point in season 7?
I enjoyed it even if I felt it was a bit haphazard. Kind of made me wish political debates were like that in real life except for the two minute speeches and 30 second rebuttals we come to expect.

zain

Believe
Was very very hesitant before I started watching this last night...Started from season 1 and so far seen 5 episodes, loved it..

Excellent show so far, and love the President's character..

Team Brian GB

Baby Cameron loves X-Factor
Supports
Chelsea
When I first got hooked on it, I watched the first three seasons in a week, it really is that sort of programme.

And of the main cast Leo is God, of the supporting cast Margaret in her double act with Leo is fantastic, Big Block of Cheese Day is epic, and of the recurring stars Lord John Malburry is a legend.

Team Brian GB

Baby Cameron loves X-Factor
Supports
Chelsea
For all people are slating season four, the double part opener - 20 hours in America, where Josh, Toby and Donna get stranded in Indiana I reckon to be the very best episodes.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I'm gonna get the DVD set after finals
If you live in the UK, they ate selling the whole 7 series for about 50 quid. A bargain and something you will watch again and again and again.

Or just download for free or buy a pirate editions which will stall after 35 mins!

zain

Believe
And done all 7 seasons..

amazing. really really brilliant show..

Absolutely loved the last 2 seasons surprisingly.. Amazing writing.
Who thought a political show could actually be EXCITING, Touching, funny in some parts, and that you'd actually develop an attachment with the characters..

Takes some writing and acting that, and full credit to the whole staff.. What a show.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
The west wing is great, but something really jars when the 'good guys' are dishing up pop poiltical theory over cocktails in nite kulbs.

The wire shits on it in my opinion.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I can only recall one instance of them discussing policy in a 'club' and that was at a political event to encourage young people to vote.

I'm yet to watch the wire, I have heard many good things about it but I doubt it can surpass The West Wing.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
I can only recall one instance of them discussing policy in a 'club' and that was at a political event to encourage young people to vote.

I'm yet to watch the wire, I have heard many good things about it but I doubt it can surpass The West Wing.
Nah there was a few scenes like that, the Rock the Vote one was especially cringey though. I really mean more the way their casual liberal genius was so natural to them. It was a very 17 year old idea of politics in many ways. Quite one dimensional characters as good as they were. Even when they were bad they always had a theoretically sound motive. I watched it twice all the way through I don't dislike it, just saw lots of flaws in it.