Television 'The Wire' creator returning to Baltimore for new HBO series!

Hoof the ball

Buckle up! David Simon is about to drop another masterpiece in Baltimore.

It's an adaptation of the book, 'We Own this City: A True Story of Crime, Cops and Corruption', by Justin Fenton.

The synopsis of the book, and series :

Baltimore, 2015. Riots were erupting across the city as citizens demanded justice for Freddie Gray, a twenty-five-year-old black man who died in police custody. At the same time, drug and violent crime were once again surging.

For years, Sgt Wayne Jenkins and his team of plain-clothed officers - the Gun Trace Task Force - were the city's lauded and decorated heroes. But all the while they had been skimming from the drug busts they made, pocketing thousands in cash found in private homes and planting fake evidence to throw Internal Affairs off their scent. Because who would believe the dealers, the smugglers or people who had simply been going about their daily business over the word of the city's elite task force?

Now, in light of their spectacular trial of late 2018, and in a work of astounding reportage and painstaking self-discovery, Justin Fenton has pieced together a shocking story of systemic corruption.
https://www.nme.com/news/tv/the-wir...e-for-new-hbo-series-we-own-this-city-2895368

nimic

something nice
Scout
He did it after The Wire with Treme, I have faith.
Generation Kill was also great, as was The Plot Against America. Both absolutely worth watching for anyone who hasn't given them a try.

He also knows Baltimore intimately, so there's every reason to expect that this will be good. Probably won't be as good as The Wire, but nothing is.

Eendracht maakt macht

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
PSV Eindhoven
Absolutely brilliant. If it’s even half as great as The Wire I’m more than happy.

Hoof the ball

Generation Kill was also great, as was The Plot Against America. Both absolutely worth watching for anyone who hasn't given them a try.

He also knows Baltimore intimately, so there's every reason to expect that this will be good. Probably won't be as good as The Wire, but nothing is.
Loved 'Plot'. Haven't seen 'Generation' yet. Think that's next on the list!

chris123

Obviously The Wire will never be topped but Simon is on a major hot streak, and his resume is as impressive as anyone. Treme, Show Me A Hero, The Deuce, The Plot Against America are all great and I would recommend all of them. Very excited for this!