Television The Wire

Nearco

youth team player
For me i think the last season (4) was as good a series of drama as i`ve ever seen, and it`s criminal that it isn`t a flagship show on Ch 4 or BBC 2.

Nearco

youth team player
Well, it`s not just a cop show - and that`s the reason HBO took it in the first place. I think Chase convinced them it was going to be about the whole city of Baltimore and not just the lead characters like McNulty and Bunk.

But yeah it can be difficult to follow and i wasn`t sure about them bringing the school into it in the last season but it ended up working really well.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Fantastic show that, too bad they only screen it in the fecking awkward hours of the night.

poisson

broken record, best ignored.
so its worth getting into then huh?? i downloaded the 1st ever episode last week and tbh got bored after 10mins and switched it off. i'm presuming its one of those shows you have to persever with, especially the first few episodes

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
so its worth getting into then huh?? i downloaded the 1st ever episode last week and tbh got bored after 10mins and switched it off. i'm presuming its one of those shows you have to persever with, especially the first few episodes
I jumped in during one of the seasons, don't even know which one. But it was killer viewing, alot of things going on at once though.

I suggest you persevere.

Suresh

Successfully neg-repped Bury Red and all I got was
Right then, a great big thank you to VanNistelrater for mention of this show. I've finished watching the first three seasons of it and it's undoubtedly TV at it's finest. What a compellingly engrossing show. The Yanks got it right indeed.

Now if one of you kind souls could provide me a working torrent link for the fourth season, I would be eternally grateful. The one I've got seems to have ground to a halt at 18%.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
can i be the first to say, wrong forum

as much as you hate to venture in there Van, you'll have to get used to it

EspadaYdaga

Inbred
really you should take a pic of yourself naked with your finger up your bum and pm it to suresh

Hectic

Supports
30fps
I downloaded all 4 seasons on a recommendation. Watched 4 seasons in a week, then a week later I started watching it again! I'm half way through season 4, it's a brilliant show.

The only series that matches it is OZ. I still can't decide which one I prefer.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Haven't you learned anything D J?

It's not an ex-cop....It's ex-police!

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
I downloaded all 4 seasons on a recommendation. Watched 4 seasons in a week, then a week later I started watching it again! I'm half way through season 4, it's a brilliant show.

The only series that matches it is OZ. I still can't decide which one I prefer.
Wire is defy better for me.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Mos def..

(I'm still on the first series, do they still say that later on?)
They do!

I love some of the phrases on 'The Wire'. It's even the way they (Baltimore people) pronounce certain words like 'To' or 'Do' or 'Police'.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
I'm a couple episodes into season 4. I still can't figure out whether Snoop is a dude or a chick. He/she reminds me the butch lez from The L word.

GusHiddink

Alex Ferguson will not win another champions leagu
In the berbatov thread trying to push the deal thr
For me i think the last season (4) was as good a series of drama as i`ve ever seen, and it`s criminal that it isn`t a flagship show on Ch 4 or BBC 2.

Yeh.

Quite tricky to follow though. If you miss an episode or dont concentrate you can completely lose the thread of the plot.

But only because it doesnt patronise, which really sets it apart from most (particularly US) television IMO. It's like a novel.
True to both of you. I find it also breeds astute comments from fans.

Alex

Just got wasted alongside Paul Statsny, time to watch the next episode, God do I ever love on Demand

Alex

Westside love between Marlo and Avon. Can't wait for the return of Omar.
He is back in this one, havent started it yet. My prediction for the show is that Marlo will take over all of Baltimore and McNulty/Freeman will take him down, but in the last scene the King of Streets Avon Barksdale will be back(out of jail) to assume his role. I have a feeling it is gonna be one of the endings

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
I haven't started it as well. Mcnulty will get exposed by the press for his serial killer shit I think. I doubt Avon's sentence will be done by the end of the season.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
what episode are you on alex? I have 4 and 5 on my laptop and will probably watch them tonight.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
I have the first 7 episodes if anyone would like it sent via pm?