There were lots of positives tonight

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Devastating result and I’m angry but a lot to take from tonight.

1 With the Telles sub, Solskjaer showed he’s not afraid to make big tactical decisions early in the game.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Out of the CL early means the club is hit financially which usually leads to being closer to some action from the owners. Ole is obviously not much more than a motivator, and in modern football, you need good coaching as well.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
We were a leg away from coming from 3 goals down in a CL game. Had that gone in then tonight goes alongside the comeback v Juventus in 99.

hubbuh

What the feck was the sense in subbing Telles, leaving Shaw on and then subbing Shaw off for Williams? Why bring Fosu Mensah on when we're chasing goals?

stubie

Solskjaer aside there are players in that team who are mentally weak! Shit scared of taking that next step!

Revan

Assumptionman
What the feck was the sense in subbing Telles, leaving Shaw on and then subbing Shaw off for Williams? Why bring Fosu Mensah on when we're chasing goals?
Confusion tactics. The most recent evolution of tactics developed by Ole.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
We won head to head against both PSG and RBL. Progress!!

acnumber9

Devastating result and I’m angry but a lot to take from tonight.

1 With the Telles sub, Solskjaer showed he’s not afraid to make big tactical decisions early in the game.
That change was about 25 minutes too late.

acnumber9

3 subs wasted on defenders. You couldn’t make that up.

U99ted

We only lost because De Gea thought Red Bulls were charging at him.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
We only lost because De Gea thought Red Bulls were charging at him.
Haha that’s a really good one, a play on words, word play. Very clever indeed.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Biggest positive in my opinion is that Ole will have learnt a lot from that to take in to next season

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Biggest positive in my opinion is that Ole will have learnt a lot from that to take in to next season
It’s a really good point to be honest. Through the 90s Fergie had some torrid losses against some really average sides and it culminated in ‘99.

lsd

The Oracle
Well after twenty minutes i turned it off and watched the finale of the Prodigal Son which was amazing so a big positive for me

Yeah, like he learnt from that clusterfeck first 20 minutes in Paris 2019 after starting with 5 at the back and 2 DM’s.

The lesson he obviously took from that was, starrting utterly awful in an unfamiliar system for the players and getting utterly embarrassed, is a sneaky way of fooling the other team into thinking they are playing a pub team and taking their foot off the gas.

You can’t blame Ole, he was just a goal away from his genius plan working again.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Well after twenty minutes i turned it off and watched the finale of the Prodigal Son which was amazing so a big positive for me
Turned off after 20 minutes, and thinks that's something to brag about.

Some 'supporters' get the results that they deserve.

Anustart89

Out of the CL early means the club is hit financially which usually leads to being closer to some action from the owners. Ole is obviously not much more than a motivator, and in modern football, you need good coaching as well.
With him being a motivator, it would be nice if he could motivate the team to actually start playing football once the ref starts the game, and not after 20 minutes when we've already conceded a goal or two.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Yeah, like he learnt from that clusterfeck first 20 minutes in Paris 2019 after starting with 5 at the back and 2 DM’s.

The lesson he obviously took from that was, starrting utterly awful in an unfamiliar system for the players and getting utterly embarrassed, is a sneaky way of fooling the other team into thinking they are playing a pub team and taking their foot off the gas.

You can’t blame Ole, he was just a goal away from his genius plan working again.
A lot of supporters were calling for 5 at the back tonight. I personally thought that was a mistake, but it worked a charm in Paris. We looked incredibly solid there. Theres no logical reason why we shouldn't have been equally solid tonight.

I think what we should take from tonight is that it doesn't matter so much what formation you play as it does that your players are mentally switched on, and once again we were caught cold tonight.

croadyman

You would get more motivation from Derrick Evans

eire-red

Reminded me of when we were chasing the equaliser against Seville and he brought on TFM and James. To end the match tonight with three of the back four as TFM, Tuanzebe and Williams is crazy.

Enigma_87

You know who
That was masterclass, especially considering Shaw was also on yellow. Can't wait to see the next one in the coming games.

Teja

Showed great fighting spirit, the players still care and are fighting for Ole even if you lot have given up. Some stupid defensive mistakes and questionable subs cost us the game - tactics were spot on and we were the better side both home and away both against RBL and PSG.

Pretty sure Ole's going nowhere.

Idxomer

Reminded me of when we were chasing the equaliser against Seville and he brought on TFM and James. To end the match tonight with three of the back four as TFM, Tuanzebe and Williams is crazy.
Or taking Cavani off and bringing Ighalo for AWB 10 minutes later against PSG.

eire-red

Or taking Cavani off and bringing Ighalo for AWB 10 minutes later against PSG.
Did that happen too? Maybe that screen isn't for watching the match, and has been a random substitute simulator all along. Only thing that explains it really.

Red00012

False Positive - our best player tonight doesn’t want to be at the club

hubbuh

That was masterclass, especially considering Shaw was also on yellow. Can't wait to see the next one in the coming games.
Thought we got Telles 'cos he's a fecking dynamo at set pieces. If you're chasing a game against a team defending for their lives someone that can cross a ball might be useful! Baffling.