Thiago Alc*ntara | Still exists

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I think it's City with the most, which doesn't exactly do much to prove that trophy means much :nervous:
Exactly its meaningless, City have become in a very few years the joint highest winner of it. I doubt even they care very much.

It's the least important of the English cups and feels more like a vanity project for the football league who are jealous of the much more prestigious FA Cup.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I don’t see it like that at all. The desire to win things should mean that it is more attractive.

City won’t care that much about missing out this year because they always win it and their focus is on the league and the CL.

Where United are right now, it’s a much more attractive and realistic aim for a trophy. It’s value is, at least, partly built by a team’s status.

For City, it’s a token. For Norwich, it’s the biggest prize in their modern history. Of course it matters.
You’re missing the point. The status of a competition is completely disconnected from the club you support. It can be judged entirely on its own merits.

AFC NimbleThumb

He’s a bit of a crock, isn’t he? Horrendous injury record and then over-hyped as feck for a few sideways passes against the likes of Norwich and Watford.
Has missed their matches against. . . City, Chelsea x 3, United & Spurs due to injury this season. Yes he is.

James Peril

feck that, I'd lose all respect for Ronaldo was crying before a match. I want to see players furious they aren't playing, kick the ball boys, smash up the stadium, don't fecking cry unless it's the champions league final or the world cup final
Wow, nobody here is in a position to call anything the Mickey Mouse Cup or similar. I’d love for United to be in this final, I’d pay money for us to win it actually. Crying for the Champions League? Well, that’s not going to happen is it.. the Carabao should have been our biggest priority this season.

United-fans on high horses with a nose in the air looks so pathetic in 2022, Roy Keane left 20 years ago and we haven’t won in ten. Yawn.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
You’re missing the point. The status of a competition is completely disconnected from the club you support. It can be judged entirely on its own merits.
But you can’t, and teams don’t, look at these things in isolation. So a competition’s status will always be linked to a team’s ambitions, the competitiveness of the league system, a club’s recent history etc…

I agree with you that it should be judged on its own merits, but that just can’t be the reality in the world of football.

It’s value will always oscillate depending on those factors.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Term literally means nothing so no it isn’t.

True but. . . the fact a Cup isn’t as prestigious as others doesn’t make it [insert made up term here].
Every football fan anywhere knows what the term “mickey mouse cup” means. It means a trophy that is less prestigious than the other, more important, trophies clubs compete for. I don’t know why people are finding this so hard to grasp.

CL and PL miles ahead of all the rest.

Then the FA Cup (if only for romantic/nostalgic reasons)

Then the Europa League

Then the Carabao Cup

Then the Charity Shield

You could argue the toss about where exactly the FA Cup sits on that continuum (and I’m sure many will) but the rest is all indisputable.

AFC NimbleThumb

United-fans on high horses with a nose in the air looks so pathetic in 2022, Roy Keane left 20 years ago and we haven’t won in ten. Yawn.
This./

United fans taking the piss out of Thiago crying at missing a Final is akin to someone starving laughing at a Billionaire being served an over cooked steak.

AFC NimbleThumb

Every football fan anywhere knows what the term “mickey mouse cup” means. It means a trophy that is less prestigious than the other, more important, trophies clubs compete for. I don’t know why people are finding this so hard to grasp.
No ones finishing it hard to grasp though, who’s claiming the cup is more prestigious than the ones you mentioned. I can see this will lead into our usual back & forth on the specifics & you’ve got enough of them going on in here already.
I'd laugh at Bezos
You’d laugh at Bezos cause he exists in your world, unfortunately you don’t register for him Queenchoker. I’d rather eat an overdone steak once in a while on my yacht than die of starvation on the streets of Manchester.
You need to stop taking things so seriously.
Thanks.

Sir Marcus

No ones finishing it hard to grasp though, who’s claiming the cup is more prestigious than the ones you mentioned. I can see this will lead into our usual back & forth on the specifics & you’ve got enough of them going on in here already.
You’d laugh at Bezos cause he exists in your world, unfortunately you don’t register for him Queenchoker. I’d rather eat an overdone steak once in a while on my yacht than die of starvation on the streets of Manchester.

Thanks.
You’re welcome.

Sylar

Players especially from aboard see trophies as trophies
Zlatan counted it
Thiago would count it

Players want trophies and medals

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
I'll rather have a player crying that he is missing out on a game due to injury than to have the alternative which is having players who can't even give a damn when playing.

AFC NimbleThumb

Seems like Thiago isn't the only crybaby around today.
From the same guy bleating in this post. . .

It's just the mickey mouse cup you wimp.
. . . Despite his own team losing in said Mickey Mouse cup to West Ham.

A bit boy that cried wolf there but nice try, post didn’t land as you expected.

Last edited:

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
:lol: are you guys really mocking a guy who gives a shit while you cry frequently on match days about players who couldn't be arsed showing up for your side?

If you had more players with that mentality you wouldn't be in the position you are in.

Redfrog

Players especially from aboard see trophies as trophies
Zlatan counted it
Thiago would count it

Players want trophies and medals
Yeah but this one is called carabao… Mickey Mouse’s cup would sound better and less plastic and corporate.

Green_Red

I remember when it was called the milk cup and Freddos cost a tuppence.
Milk cup was a youth competition. Not the same as the league Cup. I remember when Freddos were released, they changed the game, out went the macaroon and time bars.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
While I do agree that it would be quite hilarious if he was really that upset about not being able to play this second tier competition, wouldn't it be more likely that he cried because of - well - the actual injury? He's an injury prone player and I can see why another setback after he finally started to play well for a longer period would hurt him a lot. Do we know what injury he picked up?

lsd

The Oracle
Are people really criticizing a player for wanting to play?

Can you imagine if this was a cup final for us and one of our players were injured?

Somehow I doubt there will be tears more likely they will have pulled out the week before because they felt a bit tired and wanted to spend the day shopping or something