Thiago Alcantara | Pool bound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Didn't they simply say that "if he wants to leave, then we will deal with it", or words to that effect?
Thiago's situation at Bayern Munich seems to be coming to an end. At least now we know that he will be leaving the club - Karl-Heinz Rummenigge confirmed that the player will be moving on to Bild: "Thiago is a great guy, on and off the pitch. We were negotiating seriously with him and we complied with everything he asked, but it seems that he is looking to do something new in the final part of his career," Rummenigge explained.

Thiago will be out of contract at the end of next season and many observers have stated that he won't continue at Bayern. Rummenigge has confirmed the rumours: "We don't want to lose a player on a free transfer next year - I will be very clear about that," he added.

As for where Thiago might end up - one of the possible destinations is Premier League champions Liverpool. Rummenigge insists he knows nothing about Liverpool's supposed interest: "We haven't had any contact at all with Liverpool; whatever decision the player takes, we'll have to deal with it when the moment comes".

Infra-red

"Thiago is a great guy, on and off the pitch. We were negotiating seriously with him and we complied with everything he asked, but it seems that he is looking to do something new in the final part of his career," Rummenigge explained.

"We don't want to lose a player on a free transfer next year - I will be very clear about that," he added.

"We haven't had any contact at all with Liverpool; whatever decision the player takes, we'll have to deal with it when the moment comes".
Again, that sounds quite like a negotiating position from Bayern, in the midst contract extension wrangles. At least it does to my ear, anyway.

I suppose we will see soon enough.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Probably top five among midfielders in the world. A dream signing. Only concerns is injuries.

My blood is still boiling when I think about David Moyes and the summer when he hesitated on both Kroos and Alcantara. The most incompetent decision in the history of football.

Berbaclass

Probably top five among midfielders in the world. A dream signing. Only concerns is injuries.

My blood is still boiling when I think about David Moyes and the summer when he hesitated on both Kroos and Alcantara. The most incompetent decision in the history of football.

Wouldn't that be hiring Moyes in the first place :)

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality

Kroos was put in place by Moyes, Van Gaal sabotaged Kroos.

peridigm

Managing both would have been above his pay grade.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
His injury record is concerning. Need to be careful how much we are offering for his wages.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

Moyes didnt hesitate on Kroos...

Pav1878

Oh god, this would be a dream. But I'm not getting drawn into this again. Too painful when he inevitably holds up a Liverpool shirt.

Sancho, Sancho, focus on Sancho....

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Waiting for the " 29 years is too old " brigade to turn up
His age is absolutely perfect because we have a very similar 17 year old who will really benefit from Thiago. And then Thiago also gives us many options which we badly lack. Would be a excellent signing.

Chairman Steve

If he can perform what Matic does for us, then definitely count me in as wanting him. I know he can play the Pogba role and the Bruno role which is more attacking.

Berbaclass

His age is absolutely perfect because we have a very similar 17 year old who will really benefit from Thiago. And then Thiago also gives us many options which we badly lack. Would be a excellent signing.
This. He's also at the right age where he won't block his development and pathway into the first team too much.

Hulksmash

Imagine a midfield with Pogba Thiago and Fernandes. I call it best of the league midfield

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
it could be, it could also turn into a 2 or 3 year nightmare where hes injured all the time.
If he were to arrive (which he won't) I'm not sure how much his injuries would be a blow to us, he'd start when he was fit but we'd wouldn't be so over reliant on him like we were Pogba 12 months ago for example

It seems weird Thiago's made this almost public announcement he wants to leave Bayern without having a destination lined up so such is life our name is just being mentioned to drum up interest

Berbaclass

For a low fee and a pay as you play contract in some capacity it would still be worth it. What's his average games per season record at Bayern?
The last 4 seasons he's played

16/17 - 41 - games
17/18 - 32 - games
18/19 - 42 games
19/20 - 36 games

jamesjimmybyrondean

It's confirmed his leaving right? So what options does he have. Juve, Psg and Liverpool i think. Now to find a reason why he wouldn't be able to join any of those

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
His injury record is on consistent number, the last 3 seasons he had about 2-3 months injury per season. His early seasons at Bayern were also pretty bad. But look, if the club has no problem with it as well as his wages, it doesn't really matter. He'll be signed for cheap fees (cheaper than Pjanic) and we're looking for to improve the quality of depth in Pogba & Bruno role.

Nick7

Why are people talking about a pay as you play contract? :lol: :lol: Ffs he’s 29 not 39.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Why are people talking about a pay as you play contract? :lol: :lol: Ffs he’s 29 not 39.
He's very injury prone though. And we have form with buying knackered Bayern players that don't play when they're here.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He's very injury prone though. And we have form with buying knackered Bayern players that don't play when they're here.
I think the point is that he will laugh any club that offers him a pay as you play deal out the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.