Thiago Alcantara | Pool bound

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
It's been like 2 months since this whole thing has started, and nothing has happened so far. What is different this week than the others before? We are 5 days away from season start, and the latest news were Thiago saying Bayern is his home.
So clearly, something is stalling here big time, whether you like or not, and I don't see where your optimism comes from.
I don't see how you would come to the conclusion that I'm optimistic about it. I just posted a Tweet from Romano in the thread, which is meant for anything Thiago related.

Although now I really, really want this transfer to happen even more just so I can give it to you big time that you lost one of your best players to my skint club.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Although now I really, really want this transfer to happen even more just so I can give it to you big time that you lost one of your best players to my skint club.
I've made peace with losing him quite some time ago, you won't hit me that way, sorry. I just find it strange that your board is seemingly still at the contemplating-to-consider-the-preparation-of-a-bid stage even though they've supposedly agreed on terms with the player a long time ago, and season preparations are coming to their end already. It is highly annoying, and makes no sense for anybody involved. So please project your anger elsewhere, like onto your board who are very obviously hesitant to pay a fee for him. This seems to be like a strategy as of lately, the whole Werner story had a similar feel to it. It backfired with Werner, let's see how this pans out...

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I've made peace with losing him quite some time ago, you won't hit me that way, sorry. I just find it strange that your board is seemingly still at the contemplating-to-consider-the-preparation-of-a-bid stage even though they've supposedly agreed on terms with the player a long time ago, and season preparations are coming to their end already. It is highly annoying, and makes no sense for anybody involved. So please project your anger elsewhere, like onto your board who are very obviously hesitant to pay a fee for him. This seems to be like a strategy as of lately, the whole Werner story had a similar feel to it. It backfired with Werner, let's see how this pans out...
"Your anger" :lol: Behave.

You've clearly not made peace with it since you jump on any news in this thread like a fecking maniac and respond in a weird defensive way to everything.

Mac Asimov

What's this 'losing him' talk? We've never had him, nor have we put a bid in for him. We monitor a lot of players situations, but it doesn't mean we want to buy them all. Anything else is idle speculation and BS. BTW given his desire for that last big pay check, age and injury record, and our luck with injuries its probably best we don't try to bring him in.

Reactions: Sultan

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
What's this 'losing him' talk? We've never had him, nor have we put a bid in for him. We monitor a lot of players situations, but it doesn't mean we want to buy them all. Anything else is idle speculation and BS. BTW given his desire for that last big pay check, age and injury record, and our luck with injuries its probably best we don't try to bring him in.
He is a Bayern fan.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München

You've clearly not made peace with it since you jump on any news in this thread like a fecking maniac and respond in a weird defensive way to everything.
I'm sitting in my home office, my database scripts are running in the background -> lots of time for Redcafe and other internet stuff. And yeah, a thread concerning one of our players is of interest for me, what a surprise.
And it's not me being off the line here, it is your language that gets more aggressive by every post.

dinostar77

De Jong would be the central and considering at his age, much better to build your midfield around him than around Thiago.
Yes De Jong is younger as is Puig and Busquests is past his best. Hence Thiago would make sense from an experience point of view, guiding De Jong and Puig. He makes more sense than Wijnaldum whos future would be unsure once Koeman is sacked next season (2021).

Reactions: Sultan

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
I'm all good mate, I just don't like the denigrating tone he constantly puts up.
I think you rather take offense on a spade being called a spade, than anything else. Because it boils down to me using the term "skint" to call me a feckin maniac who you'd like rub that transfer in. I'll still happily continue to use, though.
Because in terms of your transfer budget, it is an accurate depiction. Were it otherwise, he'd be in Liverpool already. Alas, this isn't the case, and everything, including personnel decisions hinging on Thiago either moving or staying is in a limbo.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I think you rather take offense on a spade being called a spade, than anything else. Because it boils down to me using the term "skint" to call me a feckin maniac who you'd like rub that transfer in. I'll still happily continue to use, though.
Yawn. Do as you please, mate. I've already said what bothered me about your posts. You come across as entitled, I don't know if that's always been the case or just because the team you choose to support has won some stuff the past season, and I couldn't care less. But either way, it's uncalled for.

simmee

Yawn. Do as you please, mate. I've already said what bothered me about your posts. You come across as entitled, I don't know if that's always been the case or just because the team you choose to support has won some stuff the past season, and I couldn't care less. But either way, it's uncalled for.
That description fits a lot better on you to be fair.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Yes De Jong is younger as is Puig and Busquests is past his best. Hence Thiago would make sense from an experience point of view, guiding De Jong and Puig. He makes more sense than Wijnaldum whos future would be unsure once Koeman is sacked next season (2021).
Pjanic, De Jong & Thiago are playing in the same role. The three of them are most effective playing in the role of the deep playmaker. They have enough players to play in the role, they need midfielder who provide more steel in midfield or the box to box like Vidal and much more advanced player like Iniesta.

If their plan is to make change from what they did previously in order to rebuild the team then their recruitment has to be younger than 29 years old. And instead of signing midfield that plays the same role as De Jong, they should sign someone different who can compliment De Jong because they invested their money on De Jong, player has big potential and quality and should be built their midfield around him.

Davie Moyes

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
My tone usually reflects my personal stance on a matter. I find your boards' behaviour to be highly annoying and unnecessary for all reasons already mentioned and ignored by you in favor of tone talk(can you spot the irony while reading your words above or any of your last 5 posts?). If you as a supporter feel denigrated by my words regarding your board, then this is your personal choice, not my intention.

Davie Moyes

My tone usually reflects my personal stance on a matter. I find your boards' behaviour to be highly annoying and unnecessary for all reasons already mentioned and ignored by you in favor of tone talk(can you spot the irony while reading your words above or any of your last 5 posts?). If you as a supporter feel denigrated by my words regarding your board, then this is your personal choice, not my intention.
I can understand why Bayern and their fans would be getting annoyed by this. Player most likely has agreed to go to Liverpool only so no bidding war allowing Bayern to receive the highest fee possible but no sign of a bid coming in any time soon. It's as if Liverpool want him for free so playing the delaying game. Eventually when they do get him all the media will be proclaiming them as masters of transfer but I can't say I like their approach.

red thru&thru

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/bild-accuse-thiago-alcantara-of-lies-major-liverpool-transfer-update

Interesting article in Bild (via Teamtalk).... is it me or quite a number of Liverpool transfers happen this way even before Covid? Where they agree a transfer with a player to an extent that player only wants to go to them but then they to drag it out and try to pay the lowest amount possible? Is that what happened with VVD also?
VVD & Werner (although went to Chelsea) spring to mind.

croadyman

Fully expect he will join Liverpool before Bayern play on Sat,there just isn't enough to suggest they are going to walk away like the Werner deal. Pretty sure that is the reason we didn't ever make any contact with them directly.

Last edited:

Pace Abuser

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/bild-accuse-thiago-alcantara-of-lies-major-liverpool-transfer-update

Interesting article in Bild (via Teamtalk).... is it me or quite a number of Liverpool transfers happen this way even before Covid? Where they agree a transfer with a player to an extent that player only wants to go to them but then they to drag it out and try to pay the lowest amount possible? Is that what happened with VVD also?
They did it with Fekir also. Fekir actually had promo pics done but during then Liverpool tried to push for a discount claiming his knee was fecked or increased risk. It pissed the selling club off and they pulled the deal

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
He doesn’t really seem to fit the profile of the players Ole is looking at.

croadyman

Yeah that is very true and will be very glad when this saga is finished,even though it will be gutting him seeing playing for that lot

RedorDead21

Is it just me who thinks Ole might
Not be technically knowledgable to get the best out of a Player like Thiago? It’s hard to write what I mean but I’d think the same with SAF to be fair. Not sure the go
Out and express yourself philosophy is what’s required here.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
So you can't have a civilized discussion about things that annoy you, good to know.

Oh and you didn't mention one reason about our board annoying you today. I'm sorry that I didn't go through all your posts in this thread to find out your "personal stance on the matter" beforehand, I should've known not to engage with you in that case.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
How so?

One of the best footballers in the world is available for less than £30m. We were prepared to pay more than that for Newcastle backup Sean Longstaff last summer. What gives?

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Well he’s not old but he’s not really young either. Ole seems to be looking at players who are going to improve over the next 2-3 years. I think Thiago is a player nearing the end of his prime hence why Bayern may be happy to let him go for a pretty modest fee. He’s still a class player no doubt don’t get me wrong.

Furthermore, there seems to be a desire to get players who really want to play for United. Now who’s to say Thiago doesn’t? However, this is a guy who has accomplished everything he needs to at Bayern and given Liverpool (who are better placed than us at the moment) are in the frame there’s the possibility he might only choose us for money.

All of that is just a hunch but the point is he doesn’t scream to me the sort of player we seem to be looking at - players like Bruno and Donny who are younger, hungry players who are still trying to make their name and want to do that at a club the size of United.

simmee

So you can't have a civilized discussion about things that annoy you, good to know.

Oh and you didn't mention one reason about our board annoying you today. I'm sorry that I didn't go through all your posts in this thread to find out your "personal stance on the matter" beforehand, I should've known not to engage with you in that case.
What did he say that was uncivilized? You were the one that called him a fecking maniac. You act like a spoiled kid every time you discuss Liverpool.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
You act like a spoiled kid every time you discuss Liverpool.
Even though I posted a Tweet about Thiago not even mentioning Liverpool, and then replied again, not mentioning Liverpool at all again?

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably

I have to say I'm a bit embarrassed for you in this thread, nothing against you in general, you seem like a good enough sort for a Scouser. But you're having a go at a guy who's actually been quite reasonable in what he's saying even if you don't like it, and is also quite probably expressing himself in his 2nd or 3rd language (just a guess), so having a go at him about your perception of his tone is a bit off. It's certainly not how I read it anyway.

Essentially what I suppose I'm saying here is Calmdowncalmdown, eh?

Flexdegea

Is it just me who thinks Ole might
Not be technically knowledgable to get the best out of a Player like Thiago? It’s hard to write what I mean but I’d think the same with SAF to be fair. Not sure the go
Out and express yourself philosophy is what’s required here.
Is this the next new Ole stick to start with :lol: :lol: :lol:

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I have to say I'm a bit embarrassed for you in this thread, nothing against you in general, you seem like a good enough sort for a Scouser. But you're having a go at a guy who's actually been quite reasonable in what he's saying even if you don't like it, and is also quite probably expressing himself in his 2nd or 3rd language (just a guess), so having a go at him about your perception of his tone is a bit off. It's certainly not how I read it anyway.

Essentially what I suppose I'm saying here is Calmdowncalmdown, eh?
I have no issue at all with what he was saying and I don't think I even disagreed with anything at all? I just (and have already explained why) don't like the tone of "Skint as you appear to be, I have my doubts" and I'm fully entitled to as well, unless I'm missing something? It's not the first time that that poster acted pretty condescending about Liverpool or other English teams. The fact that he doesn't like how our board is handling this situation doesn't mean that you can't be civilized in an exchange between yourself and a rival poster - if my tone on here would "reflect my personal stance on the matter" in every post here, I wouldn't be able to have a single conversation about Utd-related things without being rude to anyone else.

English isn't my first language either but if you don't see the undertone of the post I took issue with, rather than replying in a polite or reasonable way, then I guess we just disagree about that. And that's all I'll say about it because this whole discussion is pointless anyway. There's definitely no need to feel embarrassed in my place though ;)

croadyman

How so?

One of the best footballers in the world is available for less than £30m. We were prepared to pay more than that for Newcastle backup Sean Longstaff last summer. What gives?
Yeah it's a no brainer that still think Utd and Ole would both go for IF he didn't seem so set on joining Liverpool. Like I said earlier that is likely to be why we haven't appoached Bayern but only his agent.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I have no issue at all with what he was saying and I don't think I even disagreed with anything at all? I just (and have already explained why) don't like the tone of "Skint as you appear to be, I have my doubts" and I'm fully entitled to as well, unless I'm missing something? It's not the first time that that poster acted pretty condescending about Liverpool or other English teams. The fact that he doesn't like how our board is handling this situation doesn't mean that you can't be civilized in an exchange between yourself and a rival poster - if my tone on here would "reflect my personal stance on the matter" in every post here, I wouldn't be able to have a single conversation about Utd-related things without being rude to anyone else.

English isn't my first language either but if you don't see the undertone of the post I took issue with, rather than replying in a polite or reasonable way, then I guess we just disagree about that. And that's all I'll say about it because this whole discussion is pointless anyway. There's definitely no need to feel embarrassed in my place though ;)
Well very good, let's chalk this one down to a miscommunication then I reckon.

Giggsy13

Thiago to United is not going to happen now that we signed VDB. Instead of splurging on Thiago, we’d better served using that money to extend Pogba’s contract. I think having Bruno and VDB has alleviated some of the pressure off of Pogba and we might see him have his best season for us.

croadyman

Thiago to United is not going to happen now that we signed VDB. Instead of splurging on Thiago, we’d better served using that money to extend Pogba’s contract. I think having Bruno and VDB has alleviated some of the pressure off of Pogba and we might see him have his best season for us.
Yeah we were right to not hang around on Donny and wait for Thiago's decision because otherwise we could easily have been left with no one

RUCK4444

Hope your right mate. Missing him through injury last year was a bummer.

I hope with the weight of expectation spread across more players we see the best of him and that many posters start to appreciate just what we have in Pogba.

If we get that midfield to click and get the best from Paul and Bruno over the course of a full season then the skies the limit.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
A nice dive into civil posting manners...

Your tone throughout has been pretty condescending about Liverpool, don't really get why but okay then. Maybe just a case of some unwarranted Bayern/German arrogance as is sometimes the case on here.

All for the use of the term "skint".

I don't see how you would come to the conclusion that I'm optimistic about it. I just posted a Tweet from Romano in the thread, which is meant for anything Thiago related.
Oh, you did, and that's why I expressed my doubts due to you being ski...financially constrained
[
Your season starts after next weekend though, so I expect there to be a solution one way or another before that tbh.

Oh and you didn't mention one reason about our board annoying you today.
Several times actually, I won't start quoting my posting from the last 2 pages.

So not only you're complaining about a lack of civil behaviour while hurling insults along the way as you see fit, you're also not shy of twisting narratives.

[

dinostar77

Pjanic, De Jong & Thiago are playing in the same role. The three of them are most effective playing in the role of the deep playmaker. They have enough players to play in the role, they need midfielder who provide more steel in midfield or the box to box like Vidal and much more advanced player like Iniesta.

If their plan is to make change from what they did previously in order to rebuild the team then their recruitment has to be younger than 29 years old. And instead of signing midfield that plays the same role as De Jong, they should sign someone different who can compliment De Jong because they invested their money on De Jong, player has big potential and quality and should be built their midfield around him.
I dont disagree with your logic. Xavi said pretty much the same himself in an interview recently. The tiki-taka midfield model of death by a thousand passes has now been shelved for a more athletic, powerful and dynamic midfielders. Problem is that it takes planning from sporting director downwards and Barcelona keep sacking theirs at board level its a mess. Thiago at a minimum though similar to players at Barcelona already is home grown La Masia product and can play the new midfield game as he demonstrated at Bayern Munich. He buys the board some time as he would be a coming home. Though as people have said he probably wants to play in PL. There probably is an ideal player to take the 3rd midfield slot alongside De Jong and Puig in the long run, i just dont know who that would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.