Thiago Alcantara | Pool bound

Status
Not open for further replies.

big rons sovereign

The worst part of both us and the vermin being linked with a player is the behaviour of their fans. Honestly, the way the go on you'd think that it was us who'd been in the wilderness for 30 years.
Horrid inbred cretins.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
These newbies these days get likes for tying. I remember the golden days were it was required to write 4 extended paragraphs of in depth football analysis :lol:. Promotion felt like Jesus himself coming down and giving you a pat on the back.
I feel you, bro.

sport2793

Germany have some amazing talent to work with now.

Werner
Gnabry Havertz Sane

That's a pretty tasty attack to work with.
Actually I don't think it is any better than England's in all honesty. Kane, Rashford, Sancho, Sterling, Greenwood are all pretty dynamic players. Maddison or Dele Alli playing as #10/support striker also.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
One of my pet peeves on this site is the constant,constant ! hate Draxler gets.

Fracture90

He’s 29 and world class. If you haven’t won it all at that age you’re either not the latter, or made poor life choices.
No ones arguing that, but as i said i stand with Ole on that one. He's hungry for money, because he's already had success, and we need success hungry players.

Chief123

Actually I don't think it is any better than England's in all honesty. Kane, Rashford, Sancho, Sterling, Greenwood are all pretty dynamic players. Maddison or Dele Alli playing as #10/support striker also.
Oh absolutely. I think England’s attack is up there as one of the best in terms of individuals available.

Hansinity

Supports
Bayern Munich
I'd love him back at Barca.
I always thought he would leave Bayern to go back to Barca at some point to prove himself. He could be the new Iniesta for the next years, but unfortunately it seems that he prefers the experience in the PL :/.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Would he want to go back ? because I'm surprised Barca haven't made a move,especially over someone like Wijnaldum.
If he did want to come back, I'd take him over Wijnaldum. I think Thiago has his heart set on joinging a Premier League club. Which is fair enough. Joining a Prmeier League club gives him the chace to win a league title in 3 different countries.

Havak

Pokemon master
Am I missing something with this one? We're not really interested are we?

Stinks of signings like Sanchez and to a lesser degree, Fred, where we're competing with the clubs above us for the player but they end up being either rubbish or nothing to boast about. If we hadn't already signed Donny, then I'd be thinking yes sure, go for it. I know people will come back with the 'competition for places thing', but we already have six midfield players now plus I expect us to keep at least one of Mata, Lingard, or Andreas. It just seems like an odd one to me.

I don't necessarily think our supposed interest will allow Bayern to get more money out of Liverpool and I assume he'd rather go there than to us anyway. Not just because they're a better team than us at the moment, but I think it's actually easier to get into Liverpool's midfield than say Man City's, ours, or even Chelsea's. Odd thing to say in regards to the runaway league winners, but I do think it's fair to say that central midfield is where Liverpool can improve the easiest.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
These newbies these days get likes for tying. I remember the golden days were it was required to write 4 extended paragraphs of in depth football analysis :lol:. Promotion felt like Jesus himself coming down and giving you a pat on the back.
Getting thrown into that Abyss called "Newbie Forum" and its orcish denizens and their agonizing moaning, groaning, and grunting was definitely not in line with the Geneva Convention. Hence it got scrapped. Kinda a miss the old system. It had its merits after ascension :lol:

Pav1878

Stinks of signings like Sanchez and to a lesser degree, Fred, where we're competing with the clubs above us for the player but they end up being either rubbish or nothing to boast about. If we hadn't already signed Donny, then I'd be thinking yes sure, go for it. I know people will come back with the 'competition for places thing', but we already have six midfield players now plus I expect us to keep at least one of Mata, Lingard, or Andreas. It just seems like an odd one to me.

I don't necessarily think our supposed interest will allow Bayern to get more money out of Liverpool and I assume he'd rather go there than to us anyway. Not just because they're a better team than us at the moment, but I think it's actually easier to get into Liverpool's midfield than say Man City's, ours, or even Chelsea's. Odd thing to say in regards to the runaway league winners, but I do think it's fair to say that central midfield is where Liverpool can improve the easiest.
Is this a serious post? Why would we be interested?

Maybe because he would be our best midfielder if he was here? When good players become available, we should be in for them. You can never have too many good players.

macheda14

Sanchez was declining even before he left Arsenal, people just mistook that for him wanting out. Fred was an odd one because supposedly it wasn't Jose's choice. However, this would be entirely different because Thiago is still playing at an unbelievable level and Ole is the one to sign off on it. The one thing I truly trust Ole with is understanding the squad's happiness, if he thinks he can bring Thiago in and it be better for the squad, then its better for the squad. Thiago would instantly come in and take Matic's role. Those who say he can't haven't watched him much this season. The only thing he would take away from our team if he starts ahead of Matic is defending set pieces.

If we bring him in then our midfield options look like:
Thiago - Pogba Fred - Matic
Bruno vdB

One of Mata and Lingard is probably staying, but hopefully its Mata who is probably content with playing the odd game and taking on more of a mentoring role in the squad.

croadyman

Maybe because he would be our best midfielder if he was here? When good players become available, we should be in for them. You can never have too many good players.
Yeah very true and even though it's highly unlikely he comes here at least we have thrown our hat in the ring for him

Josh 76

He would walk into any midfeild.
City actually would be a perfect fit. Really surprised they are not in for him.

Havak

Pokemon master

Sanchez was declining even before he left Arsenal, people just mistook that for him wanting out. Fred was an odd one because supposedly it wasn't Jose's choice. However, this would be entirely different because Thiago is still playing at an unbelievable level and Ole is the one to sign off on it. The one thing I truly trust Ole with is understanding the squad's happiness, if he thinks he can bring Thiago in and it be better for the squad, then its better for the squad. Thiago would instantly come in and take Matic's role. Those who say he can't haven't watched him much this season. The only thing he would take away from our team if he starts ahead of Matic is defending set pieces.

If we bring him in then our midfield options look like:
Thiago - Pogba Fred - Matic
Bruno vdB

One of Mata and Lingard is probably staying, but hopefully its Mata who is probably content with playing the odd game and taking on more of a mentoring role in the squad.
He would walk into any midfeild.
City actually would be a perfect fit. Really surprised they are not in for him.
I think there's more to it if he can walk into any side in the world but Bayern are letting him go. I can't think of many occasions where Bayern let a peak player leave.

If he can take Matic's role then great. I am just a bit weary as I'm wondering if we will be able to sign a CB and a LB if we try to do this deal... I think those two positions as well as getting Sancho are more pressing. If we can do it all then fair enough, but I honestly doubt it. I'd also expect the end is near for one of McTominay/Fred in that case, unless they are willing to hold on until Matic leaves.

macheda14

I think there's more to it if he can walk into any side in the world but Bayern are letting him go. I can't think of many occasions where Bayern let a peak player leave.

If he can take Matic's role then great. I am just a bit weary as I'm wondering if we will be able to sign a CB and a LB if we try to do this deal... I think those two positions as well as getting Sancho are more pressing. If we can do it all then fair enough, but I honestly doubt it. I'd also expect the end is near for one of McTominay/Fred in that case, unless they are willing to hold on until Matic leaves.
This has been said time and again in this thread. He's in his final year and he has said he wants to leave. The manager has said he'd rather he stayed, but he knows that he's off.

Matriac

He has 1 year left on his contract. Can sign on a free in 4 months. Has said he doesn't wanna sign a new contract and doesn't wanna stay in the Bundesliga.

He's a good player, but if they can get something for him, now is their last chance. Extra money during a world pandemic doesn't hurt.

Havak

Pokemon master
This has been said time and again in this thread. He's in his final year and he has said he wants to leave. The manager has said he'd rather he stayed, but he knows that he's off.
He has 1 year left on his contract. Can sign on a free in 4 months. Has said he doesn't wanna sign a new contract and doesn't wanna stay in the Bundesliga.

He's a good player, but if they can get something for him, now is their last chance. Extra money during a world pandemic doesn't hurt.
Fair enough then.

I'll be surprised if he picks United still and stand by us needing to prioritise other areas first if possible after we already signed a CM anyway.

croadyman

Yeah there is no doubt that CB & LB are much more pressing issues for us but apart from a few rumours around the likes of Upamecano, Badiashile & Reguilon there hasn't really been any serious talk of us signing someone in either of those positions, then there is also the fact that he isn't a DM like Matic but more of a DLP so would play in a similar area but in a very different sort of style.

lysglimt

Scout
He’s 29 and world class. If you haven’t won it all at that age you’re either not the latter, or made poor life choices.
He still hasn't won anything in the Faroe Isles and Latvia...overrated player :)

lysglimt

Scout

Sanchez was poor in his last 6 months for Arsenal and there were rumours about him not getting along with his teammates. Thiago - well, he hasn't been poor for 6 months...and there are no rumours about him not getting along with his teammates.

OrcaFat

I stand by my comment. I still think our cbs and gk cough up too many chances
They do.

If we want to win we need to be more or less the best defensively as well as offensively so let’s keep on improving and where possible replace the weak links.

Most of us realise this is going to be the work of many many months.

That said, 3rd best defence is progress.

Reactions: golden_blunder

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Giving Matic a 3 year contract still does my head in. Should have let him go this offseason and signed Thiago for 3 years instead.

DSG

Technically that’s 5... Barcelona are mes que un club though as they like to remind us.

He’s not coming anyway. Not even worth getting invested in this one.
You’re right. And I’m in finance. Go figure.

Should also add in a wildcard known as “China” which is where footballers go to truly sell out for money.

Get young talent

To be fair, no one knew that Thiago would refuse to sign a new contract this summer. If Ed could read the future I’d be seriously impressed
I understand, but we were not under pressure to give Matic new contract.It make Ed look more scared to lose a 1st teamer than find the best available player on the market. The same apply for Mata. It basicaly making us look broke, with no money to get the best players

RooneyLegend

Shades of Di Maria/Sanchez about it. We should do a thorough character assessment before going anywhere near this one
What's there to assess? The man hasn't had a single bad word said about him during his career and really wants to play in the prem. We also don't have a philosopher or a glorified bus driver in charge. He'd also come on the cheap. We also struggle when being pressed and he's one of the very best midfielders in the world in those situations. It makes too much sense not to try.

If a 29 year old Paul Scholes was available on the market, in this market for 30 million quid would you think about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.