Thiago Alcantara | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brightonian

I sort of disagree. I agree they cant compete with Juventus yet. But in my opinion they are rebuilding. Questioning their ambition for selling their best players? Didnt we sell a certain Ronaldo when he hadnt even reached his peak years? I think they needed that money plus didnt it turn out to be the right decision to sell Kaka at that point? I mean after the Ancelotti years, their average age was what? Somewhere in the 30's? But at least now they have players like Balotelli, Sharaawy, Boateng, M'Baye, Abate etc. They do have a few central midfielders - Montolivo (28), Muntari (28), Nocerino (28), Bakaye (28), De Jong (28) and Ambrosini (36). If they were to sell a couple of these players, they could reinvest that money in Thiago. They are also in debt IIRC. They cant spend too much, so they might not want to pass up the opportunity to get a young talent like Thiago for this cheap.
That's a negative sign for future prospects, not a positive one. Selling Ronaldo because his dream was to play for Madrid and they offered us a good price is better than selling Thiago Silva and Ibrahimovic because you can't afford to keep your best players, and the money is needed to pay off debts. I'm not saying they shouldn't have done it, just that the former is clearly a better sign if you're looking to go to the best club.

If it was between us, Milan and City, I'd feel somewhat confident. However, I think it's more likely to be between us, Milan, City, Madrid and staying put, and both of the latter two options are probably more likely than coming to us :(

Mainoldo

He'd get lost at Madrid. Ask Cananles.. I still think we are the better option and can sway the kid..

Liam147

On Probation
what is he now? "half" Italian, "half" Brazilian and "half" Spanish? Jeez, he's not manbearpig.
:lol::lol:

Hearing Milan are interested makes me more sceptical. I imagine the country of his birth, combined with the more relatable and attractive climate of Milan would sway it.

Earlier when I said I don't see him as a United player, I also see him as a Milan player. Just a feeling.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
You think he'd go to Real?
I think he knows full well what it would mean to do that so I doubt it. His father has previously flirted with the idea during Thiago's negotiations a few years ago which has only served to underscore the divide between Mazinho & the board. Plus, regardless of what happens, I believe he loves the club and certainly wouldn't pull a Figo

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Left for work and everyone here was optimistic. Come back from work and everyone is pessimistic. It worked. :D

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news
Milan are starting to build a great team but that will take them another 2-3 years imo I would hope he would rather come here. Where he does end up will say a lot about him as a man. Imagine if he just stayed at Barca...

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
MD (Usually not far from the truth) claim Vilanova has talked with Thiago to assure him of his value to the team/club but the board is not going to reinforce that with a payraise. So the theory that the transfer speculation was an opportunity to get a bumper deal gains some steam although it could also be the club trying to prepare their excuses once criticism ensues in any eventual transfer.

That right there, folks, is how the media is often used to manipulate a story - you never quite know what is the truth.

We'll be happy to take him off your hands if there's no room for him. I suppose we could find some use for a player like Thiago. :angel:
Awfully generous :D

OGkush

Hey man, got any papers?
MD (Usually not far from the truth) claim Vilanova has talked with Thiago to assure him of his value to the team/club but the board is not going to reinforce that with a payraise. So the theory that the transfer speculation was an opportunity to get a bumper deal gains some steam although it could also be the club trying to prepare their excuses once criticism ensues in any eventual transfer.

That right there, folks, is how the media is often used to manipulate a story - you never quite know what is the truth.

Awfully generous :D
the main thing about the media that you have to remember (and this goes way beyond football talk) is that you never see, hear, or read anything you're not supposed to.

wonnie

the main thing about the media that you have to remember (and this goes way beyond football talk) is that you never see, hear, or read anything you're not supposed to.
That's not really true though.

These days the press are quite good at obtaining all sorts of information.

There was the Rooney rumour few months back where he was linked to PSG and etc. and everyone thought "no way, why would Rooney move there, he is happy at the club etc". And now...

Same goes for Fergie retirement, there was leaked info and the press were quick onto it.

I'd say these days with Twitter and all that has definitely increased the accuracy and frequency of most news items/rumours... for this reason I still think we are with a good chance of signing Thiago. No smoke without fire and all that.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Milan are starting to build a great team but that will take them another 2-3 years imo I would hope he would rather come here. Where he does end up will say a lot about him as a man. Imagine if he just stayed at Barca...
No.

Brightonian

There was the Rooney rumour few months back where he was linked to PSG and etc. and everyone thought "no way, why would Rooney move there, he is happy at the club etc". And now...

Same goes for Fergie retirement, there was leaked info and the press were quick onto it.

I'd say these days with Twitter and all that has definitely increased the accuracy and frequency of most news items/rumours... for this reason I still think we are with a good chance of signing Thiago. No smoke without fire and all that.
Twitter hasn't increased the accuracy of rumours. It's just increased the volume of rumours tenfold, to the point where everything that happens is statistically likely to have been rumoured by someone or other, creating the illusion that people know what's going to happen before it happens.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker

This is a massive 'throw enough shit at enough walls and some of it will stick' situation in fairness. The papers report so many different rumours that eventually some of them are bound to come true.

I've lost track at this point of the amount of clubs Rooney is supposed to have gone to since 2010.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Random City supporters on Twitter are saying that City have agreed a deal in full for Thiago, whilst someone is claiming that Florentino Perez has confirmed that Madrid will trigger his release clause. fecking Twitter. Not seen anything else anywhere regarding Perez and what he's said.

Brightonian

Presumably Barcelona would rather sell him to almost anyone other than Madrid. But given the release clause, do they have any influence over where he goes, if he does decide to go?

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Random City supporters on Twitter are saying that City have agreed a deal in full for Thiago, whilst someone is claiming that Florentino Perez has confirmed that Madrid will trigger his release clause. fecking Twitter. Not seen anything else anywhere regarding Perez and what he's said.
It was from his Radio interview with Cope.
http://www.cope.es/detalle/Florentino-Perez-No-venderia-a-Cristiano-ni-por-1000-kilos.html

Would you go in for Thiago or do you not want a war with Barca?
"If there's a player that Barca doesn't want and Madrid do, that seems fine to me."

Barca can't control who he goes to, but unless he's actually angry with Barca I would think he'd want to keep the option to go back and a move to Madrid would kill that.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Vilanova's press conference today: "Thiago's part of Barcelona's future. We'll be delighted if he stays, but it depends on him."
I hope we offer him a significant pay raise and a tailor made role as a offensive midfielder. This could be an offer he and his father can't resist.

twitter thread suggester
Vilanova's press conference today: "Thiago's part of Barcelona's future. We'll be delighted if he stays, but it depends on him."
Had Fergie (Moyes) said this about a United player, I'd be sure the player was gone.

Seeing as this is a player we're interested in though, my brain won't allow me to believe it.

LR7

Hardly convincing.
Sign him up Moyesy (I nearly said Fergie :()

Brightonian

If we were to get Thiago, and City Isco, I'd feel that we'd done better. They're probably about equal in terms of current ability and potential, but Thiago is exactly what we need. Couldn't be a more perfect fit. Whereas Isco is essentially just an upgrade on Nasri, or Silva Mark II. He's the sort of talent that you should always snap up if you can, but what City really need is a proper wide player, not yet another who likes to cut inside and offers no real width.

stubie

You just get the feeling we will have to settle for 2nd best and end up with Leon Osman!

binary bot
Just don't read too much into any of these rumours...lessens the disappointment if we miss out and makes it much better if a deal happens:D

Status
Not open for further replies.