Thiago Alcantara | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Im still very surprised they didnt go after Dede. He is Brazilian and he is good. He could have been a quick fix until they had enough money to buy a decent CB like Hummels or who ever else they want.

RDCR07

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20130621/fc-barcelona/iago-falque-thiago-manchester-united-barca_54376176857.html

Iago tells Thiago to learn English. Even though Thiago knows English, I suppose Iago is referring to fluid English. Iago also said that Thiago would get more minutes with us, which is obvious. Even if we do sign him, I think we need one more midfielder, possibly Strootman to add more strong depth. It would make sense.
That was confusing. Too many Iago's and Thiago's.

MoneyMay

That was confusing. Too many Iago's and Thiago's.
Haha, it's Iago Falque, who used to play for Barcelona, alongside Thiago, in the youth system. He is a Tottenham player, and if I remember correctly, he's on loan to Almeria.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20130621/fc-barcelona/iago-falque-thiago-manchester-united-barca_54376176857.html

Iago tells Thiago to learn English. Even though Thiago knows English, I suppose Iago is referring to fluid English. Iago also said that Thiago would get more minutes with us, which is obvious. Even if we do sign him, I think we need one more midfielder, possibly Strootman to add more strong depth. It would make sense.

I agree. Thiago and Strootman. Tell Nani to wise up. Tell Rooney to stop being a fecking prat every 2 years. Win everything.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Who is this indykaila fella? Is he reliable, or full of shit?

Revan

Assumptionman
He could easily be a retarded teenager, but he got Mignolet and the other Liverpool midfielder signing correct and was the first to announce it.

RDCR07

indykaila News@indykaila
17m

#MUFC fans might want to hold on for a while. Update coming.

IndyKunt's at it again with his 'posting on Twitter about something he's going to post on Twitter'. I dunno if it's about Thiago, but who else would it be about?
feck this guy. He said yesterday there was an update in less than half hour and it never came. Not that he is reliable anyway.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
feck this guy. He said yesterday there was an update in less than half hour and it never came. Not that he is reliable anyway.

It came eventually, over 2 hours later or something. It was like a 2 sentence email about Rooney not being in any marketing stuff on the pre-season tour. Probably typed it out himself.

LR7

Just a theory but I get a feeling that Barcelona wants to dispose him off and get the money to sign Thiago Silva.
They've already signed Neymar for a ridiculous amount and if they want to sign a top class center back and a goalkeeper, then that going to take another 40m Pounds at least.
If they were so keen for Thiago to stay, then surely they would've played him enough times in order to ensure that his clause didn't drop down to 18m Euros. After all they did won the league quite early and could've easily given him enough minutes. I certainly don't buy the crap that Tito came out i.e he didn't knew the terms of Thiago's contract. I think for a big club like Barcelona that's nearly impossible.
Could be wrong but if they rated him so highly then surely they would've offered him a new contract and promise of regular place much earlier rather than giving him these promises and new contract when Thiago's agents have the upper hand.
I get the feeling you're spot on KM. Towards the end of the season (especially after the Munich defeats) there was a lot of talk about Barcelona needing to trim the squad, get rid of a few fringe players and bring in Neymar and at least one quality CB (Thiago Silva).

Thiago Alcantara seemed the immediate casualty of that with widespread reports in Spain and here that he had been told by the club that he would be sold:
In mid-May Mundo Deportivo had the headline:
Barca are willing to listen to offers for Thiago Alcántara
Stating in the article that Barcelona are determined to keep Fabregas and that he's the one in Thiago's way. They also wrote:
"So, the Barcelona club is open to offers for a player who, at his age, can not afford another season like the present if you want to avoid the risk of stalling" http://translate.google.co.uk/trans...+mercado&client=safari&hl=en&biw=1024&bih=644
At the same time Sport Witness also reported that:
"Mundo Deportivo's first four pages today are dedicated to Barcelona putting Thiago Alcantara, 22, on the market. The Catalan club apparently want rid and are prepared to sell him for just €25m, which by today's standards is a bargain. His buy-out clause is €90m but Barcelona are so keen to reduce the size of their squad, and raise funds for other deals, that they want a quick deal. He's one of several who are likely to be facing the exit but Mundo's insistence is perhaps the biggest splash on a player leaving so far" http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/...ven-huge-nudge-as-barca-slap-25m-target-on-th
Later on in May Sport Witness said all the Spanish papers had articles about Thiago leaving (more than murmurings if its in every paper):
Discipline pushes Barca ace to Manchester United for just £16.5m as negotiations begin
Today all the Spanish sport newspapers we could find had a Thiago story of some kind. The gist is that his progress has been halted by two things. Firstly, there are alleged disciplinary issues and a feeling that he thinks he's already made it to the top level, when improvement is still needed. Secondly, he was the blue-eyed boy of Pep and now Tito isn't quite so keen and wants to brings players in other positions in. http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/...push-barca-ace-to-manchester-united-for-just-
It was in the Daily Mail as far back as March that Thiago wanted out:
Manchester United lead race to sign £15m Thiago as Barcelona star 'ready to quit Nou Camp'
Manchester United will re-ignite their interest in Barcelona midfielder Thiago Alcantara after his father revealed he is ready to quit the club.
United have been keen on the Spain international for the past three years and had a £15million bid rejected 18 months ago.
The 21-year-old was determined to establish himself in the first team set-up but now has accepted it is time to move on.
‘My son would play a lot more in any other team in the world,’ said his father Mazinho. ‘He’s learning a lot playing with great players but Thiago is very ambitious and needs to play.
‘No-one knows what might happen in the future. Football changes a lot and anything can happen. If Thiago wants to go to the 2014 World Cup, he needs to play much more.
‘Thiago has the quality to succeed at Barca. But he’d play a lot more at another club. He’d get into any other team in the world.
‘I don’t know if Barca are buying more players in the summer. They already have a lot of players who can play in the middle. Also, [his brother] Rafinha will be part of the first team squad next season.’http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...idfielder-Thiago-Alcantara.html#ixzz2Wvi6ajYh
For those in this thread thinking its speculation based on a few random twitter ITKs or De Gea writing on a match ball that has caused the mass muppetry, you're wrong. It's a transfer rumour with more legs than the norm.
- We were in for him two years ago and apparently had a bid rejected.
- Thiago stated his desire is to be a successful footballer, not necessarily at Barcelona.
- Three months ago his Dad expressed Thiago's desire to leave and play first team football elsewhere.
- Just last month every Spanish paper reported that Barcelona wanted to sell him and keep Cesc.
Now the Spanish papers seem to be shocked and surprised that Thiago wants to go when they had 4 page spreads dedicated to his sale by Barcelona just last month. It doesn't add up.
I think KM is right. They could have played him in the pointless games at the end of the season but Xavi continued to be selected despite not being fully fit iirc. Was equalling Madrid's 100 point record more important than making sure Thiago's release clause didn't drop? If it had stayed at 90m euros nobody would be triggering it so it raises the question, was that the intention?

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Because Barca are scribbling bits out of his contract that they agreed to originally but are now realising they have dropped a monumental bollock.

Trigger the clause, agree terms, get out.
So, will this eventually go through, or are they going to stall us till the clause goes back up to it's original?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I get the feeling you're spot on KM. Towards the end of the season (especially after the Munich defeats) there was a lot of talk about Barcelona needing to trim the squad, get rid of a few fringe players and bring in Neymar and at least one quality CB (Thiago Silva).

Thiago Alcantara seemed the immediate casualty of that with widespread reports in Spain and here that he had been told by the club that he would be sold:
In mid-May Mundo Deportivo had the headline:
Stating in the article that Barcelona are determined to keep Fabregas and that he's the one in Thiago's way. They also wrote:

At the same time Sport Witness also reported that:
Later on in May Sport Witness said all the Spanish papers had articles about Thiago leaving (more than murmurings if its in every paper):
It was in the Daily Mail as far back as March that Thiago wanted out:
For those in this thread thinking its speculation based on a few random twitter ITKs or De Gea writing on a match ball that has caused the mass muppetry, you're wrong. It's a transfer rumour with more legs than the norm.
- We were in for him two years ago and apparently had a bid rejected.
- Thiago stated his desire is to be a successful footballer, not necessarily at Barcelona.
- Three months ago his Dad expressed Thiago's desire to leave and play first team football elsewhere.
- Just last month every Spanish paper reported that Barcelona wanted to sell him and keep Cesc.
Now the Spanish papers seem to be shocked and surprised that Thiago wants to go when they had 4 page spreads dedicated to his sale by Barcelona just last month. It doesn't add up.
I think KM is right. They could have played him in the pointless games at the end of the season but Xavi continued to be selected despite not being fully fit iirc. Was equalling Madrid's 100 point record more important than making sure Thiago's release clause didn't drop? If it had stayed at 90m euros nobody would be triggering it so it raises the question, was that the intention?

And now, thanks to such a good showing at the U21s and us laughing at his value going up despite his release clause, they don't want to be seen to be completely mugged off so are trying everything they can to get more money for him.

If that is the case, I really hope we do what a few have suggested and dump the cash on them and put him on the first flight to Manchester (well, let him finish his holiday first).

Castia

He also just said ''I'm also adamant that Barcelona wouldn't have been pushing for Thiago to stay had he not performed that well in the U-21s.''

So they were happy at him leaving until he played well in the u21 Euro's :lol:. He has 1000 followers and looking at his tweets he seems fooking clueless.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
It's all a show for Barcelona to make him look like a cnut to the fans when he leaves, and so they can say he went for the lure of money instead of staying to fight for a place.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
So, will this eventually go through, or are they going to stall us till the clause goes back up to it's original?

I don't really know how it works. I personally don't understand why it's not just a matter of triggering the clause and that's it. Hell, it's not an option on Football Manager. I lost Iker Muniain to a buy out clause being triggered, and I wasn't given a "fanny about" option like Barca are doing.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
If Barca feck this up, I say we bid for Thiago Silva too,just to scare them, and then drive the price up a little more and pull out.

Revan

Assumptionman
I don't really know how it works. I personally don't understand why it's not just a matter of triggering the clause and that's it. Hell, it's not an option on Football Manager. I lost Iker Muniain to a buy out clause being triggered, and I wasn't given a "fanny about" option like Barca are doing.
Cause football manager doesn't count taxes. We can trigger the clause, but it will cost double if we do it in the hard way (paying taxes). I think that if we convince Thiago, then we will make a deal with Barca (around 25-30m) but surely this transfer will go on for a long time.

LR7

It's all a show for Barcelona to make him look like a cnut to the fans when he leaves, and so they can say he went for the lure of money instead of staying to fight for a place.
This is what I think. Everything I gathered from my digging around suggests they wanted to sell him. Now it seems like they're making out that they want him to stay and that its him being lured by a big contract with us.

RDCR07

But surely a deal between United and "Thiago Alcantara officials" isn't the problem, is it? This seems to be all Barca.
This could be the first step. If a deal cant be agreed between these two parties then obviously no use going further. Highly unlikely of course. And if a deal is agreed, then it puts added pressure on Barca to act fast. They will run out of time even quicker if Thiago takes the initiative and decides he wants to move.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
He'd be naive to stay. They've already promised him more football and didn't play him last season in spite of injuries and Xavi looking out of his depth for large chunks of the season (and don't throw pass completion percentage, it's a pointless stat). They even brought a €40m midfielder to play ahead of him and another €20m midfielder last season. If he stays his release clause is void and he'll have another 3 years on his contract, by the time it runs out he'll be 25 and still a fringe player at Barcelona in all likelihood because they're going to keep playing Xavi until he can't walk.

If he moved now and succeeded elsewhere, the door to Barca will still be open for him in the future. If he stays and keeps playing 1 in 3 games and none of the important ones, he'll probably disappear and end up at Valencia or Atletico two years down the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.