Thiago Motta - Bologna

OverratedOpinion

Such a stupid opinion doesn't deserve much time.
So you clearly want to respond to it but only in a way that offers literally nothing? As I said, waste of time.

If the opinion is so wrong then it's easily disproved. The Serie A is rubbish at this point and Motta's team led by an Aberdeen midfielder and Josh Zirkee would be in a relegation scrap in the Premier League.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Easily yeah. There is a huge difference between a cup and a league season and most Italian teams would get dramatically found out if you put them in the Premier League.

Not really a comment on Motta just that trying to replicate something because it worked at such a drastically lower level may not necessarily work.
Nah this is nonsense.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Easily yeah. There is a huge difference between a cup and a league season and most Italian teams would get dramatically found out if you put them in the Premier League.

Not really a comment on Motta just that trying to replicate something because it worked at such a drastically lower level may not necessarily work.
You mean like De Zerbi at Sassuolo then Brighton?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t the style of football he’s playing also incredibly boring to watch? Lots of possession in their own half and the most passes in the league. If we return to LVG style football I will cry.
Yep — give me more pinball midfield chasms to concede 30 shots a game instead

OverratedOpinion

You mean like De Zerbi at Sassuolo then Brighton?
Sassuolo would get relegated in the Prem yes.

De Zerbi plays a style of football that has commonly worked in The Premier League and for every coach that has success at a lower level that translates to the Premier League there are 50 that don't.

Pintu

The CL group stage is 6 games not just a one-of… And now I genuinely believe you are trolling. Because you can’t seriousely watch our games, the amateurish defending and think that our level is so drastically higher than top 4 in the other big leagues. (

he's like the spanish Morata
I thought Morata is the spanish Morata?

Motta was an excellent midfielder, quite similar to Spanish midfielders.

Lay

Nah it's just a fact that the Serie A is a really, really rubbish league these days.
It isn't rubbish. It isn't as good as the EPL but to say those teams would be fighting relegation is utter nonsense.

OverratedOpinion

It isn't rubbish. It isn't as good as the EPL but to say those teams would be fighting relegation is utter nonsense.
It's closer to the Championship in terms of quality than it is to the Premier League.

As such it's pretty logical to say most teams in that league would end up in the lower bottom half of the Prem over 38 games.

Berbaclass

They are sitting at 19th in Serie A currently? But you probably meant the Sassuolo of De Zerbi, with Boga, Locatelli & Berardi…
He quite obviously is both trolling and doesn't actually watch Italian football.

Lay

It's closer to the Championship in terms of quality than it is to the Premier League.

As such it's pretty logical to say most teams in that league would end up in the lower bottom half of the Prem over 38 games.
Nah, this is just silly now. You may not rate the league but you're going way over the top here with your judgement.

OverratedOpinion

Nah, this is just silly now. You may not rate the league but you're going way over the top here with your judgement.
What's silly? That it's closer to the Championship?

It is a thought experiment that can't actually have a conclusion but it shocks me that anyone would find that statement surprising.

SambaBoy

In your opinion - the majority would disagree.

Lay

It is a thought experiment that can't actually have a conclusion but it shocks me that anyone would find that statement surprising.
Yes because it isn't. I'm shocked you're still sticking by your moronic post. There's no need to continue this any further.

Anyway, in regards to Motta I think he needs way more time to make the jump to united. Napoli should be looking at him in the summer and not Conte

Berbaclass

Yes because it isn't. I'm shocked you're still sticking by your moronic post. There's no need to continue this any further.

Anyway, in regards to Motta I think he needs way more time to make the jump to united. Napoli should be looking at him in the summer and not Conte
Hard agree. Would be a really intriguing partnership that.

I'd also love to see what he does with Bologna in the UCL though!

OverratedOpinion

In your opinion. I think you'd be shocked if you could transfer Leicester or Leeds into the Serie A this season or Bologna into the Championship but is I said thought experiment that we won't see.

Berbaclass

Fuming me yeah. Hoping if I go down to your level enough you might offer more pearls about how reliable it is to hire a coach who's done okay at a low level.

You should mention Ange next.
I could but that's completely irrelevant to the discussion aboout Motta or the Serie A.

Pintu

Here is the UEFA ranking based on actual results, Over the last 3 seasons (including the current one) Serie A (55,78) is closer to the PL(60,25) than it is to the other top leagues behind it. (49,6, 49,4 and 45,7)

Where do you think Championship would be in this ranking if we had that experiment?

OverratedOpinion

I could but that's completely irrelevant to the discussion aboout Motta or the Serie A.
Was literally the point of the entire conversation you inserted yourself into.

As it seems to really upset you I'll placate you. The Serie A is a really really good league, it's basically at its peak 90s level, amazing stuff truly.

Berbaclass

Here is the UEFA ranking based on actual results, Over the last 3 seasons (including the current one) Serie A (55,78) is closer to the PL(60,25) than it is to the other top leagues behind it. (49,6, 49,4 and 45,7)

Where do you think Championship would be in this ranking if we had that experiment?
That's just their opinion though mate...

Berbaclass

Was literally the point of the entire conversation you inserted yourself into.

As it seems to really upset you I'll placate you. The Serie A is a really really good league, it's basically at its peak 90s level, amazing stuff truly.
Wouldn't go that far mate. You're the one who's piss has been boiled becasue I responded to your completely silly post with a :houllier:

OverratedOpinion

Well considering the support for the clubs and money in England, if the Championship somehow had European football and tv rights they would probably be extremely competitive.

Also cup competitions are extremely different as I've said.

OverratedOpinion

Wouldn't go that far mate. You're the one who's piss has been boiled becasue I responded to your completely silly post with a :houllier:
I pointed it out it was a waste of time and you've done this really weird attempt to be passive aggressive and not made any points since. I'm all good, you seem more than a little annoyed that I don't rate Serie A.

Just trying to make you feel better.

Berbaclass

I pointed it out it was a waste of time and you've done this really weird attempt to be passive aggressive and not made any points since. I'm all good, you seem more than a little annoyed that I don't rate Serie A.

Just trying to make you feel better.
It was pity. Didn't want to pile on as you were self-destructing to be honest.

Pintu

Well considering the support for the clubs and money in England, if the Championship somehow had European football and tv rights they would probably be extremely competitive.

Also cup competitions are extremely different as I've said.
This wasn’t your initial statement… it was not contingent on championship clubs having Europe money. You said they were currently at serie A level…

Otherwise it is silly… I could say that if Bologna had the PL money they’d win the PL given how good they’ve performed in Italy going toe to toe with Juventus while only spending a fraction of Juve’s budget…

OverratedOpinion

Not an insult bud, just an observation.

I extend my sincerest apologies if my words offended you.
You argue like a manipulative husband or wife, no need to apologise I'm legitimately just baffled that this is how you decide go respond to things you disagree with on a football forum and don't think it's incredibly transparent.

"I was just taking pity" amusing stuff

OverratedOpinion

This wasn’t your initial statement… it was not contingent on championship clubs having Europe money. You said they were currently at serie A level…

Otherwise it is silly… I could say that if Bologna had the PL money they’d win the PL given how good they’ve performed in Italy going toe to toe with Juventus while only spending a fraction of Juve’s budget…
Yeah it was framed in a weird way. The Serie A is a slightly higher level as I have said the entire time. As such the question is not particularly relevant.

It is just closer to the Championship than it is to the Premier League.