Thibault Courtois

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Left the Belgium camp because he wasn’t made the captain in the absense of De Bruyne, according to the Belgium head coach. The player says it was because of a knee injury, which the coach denied.

The Firestarter

Left the Belgium camp because he wasn’t made the captain in the absense of De Bruyne, according to the Belgium head coach. The player says it was because of a knee injury, which the coach denied.

To be or not to be the national team captain is neither a whim nor a random decision, it should be his decision and that is what I tried to convey to him. Unfortunately I did not achieve my purpose
Coach , you deicde !
Coach *decides*
[...] I have failed my purpose

Ainu

It's always been something of an open secret that Courtois is a twat. There are no winners in this but it's a particularly bad look for Courtois himself. Feels like he doesn't exactly have many allies among his fellow players, which is pretty telling.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
They name Lukaku captain, everyone on the team should have walked out.

Ramos

I highly doubt it's only about not being made captain. Under Martinez he had the habit during international breaks to play the first game, then drop out for the second one and go back to Madrid because of an "injury".

Martinez went along with this each time. Tedesco clearly stated he wasn't going to do that for any player. Courtois getting married next week only makes this theory more plausible.

AlexiV

Supports
FCB
I highly doubt it's only about not being made captain. Under Martinez he had the habit during international breaks to play the first game, then drop out for the second one and go back to Madrid because of an "injury".

Martinez went along with this each time. Tedesco clearly stated he wasn't going to do that for any player. Courtois getting married next week only makes this theory more plausible.
This. Wonder what will happen. I’m afraid neither Courtois or Tedesco are gonna backtrack on this.

Ainu

They name Lukaku captain, everyone on the team should have walked out.
:lol:

My thoughts too. What a weird choice of captain.
The reputation he has on here or among Man United fans does not extend to our national team. The guy is already a legend for Belgium and well loved among his team mates. He's our highest scorer ever by a ridiculous margin. All the younger players look up to him. For our NT, he makes a good vice-captain.

VinchNow

Last Man Standing finalist 2022/23
Supports
Liverpool
Not the first time he has some controversy linked to him with the NT. He was already suspected to be leaking the line-up during the Wilmots era. (Thibaut Courtois accused of leaking team information by former manager)
I don't think its that big of an issue for Belgium if he doesn't come back or if the coach doesn't pick him anymore. We have other options (bit of a shame that Mignolet retired from NT)

Karel Podolsky

Supports
Ex Laziale

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Not the first time he has some controversy linked to him with the NT. He was already suspected to be leaking the line-up during the Wilmots era. (Thibaut Courtois accused of leaking team information by former manager)
I don't think its that big of an issue for Belgium if he doesn't come back or if the coach doesn't pick him anymore. We have other options (bit of a shame that Mignolet retired from NT)
He's probably the best keeper in the world for years. Performed in the big ears as well. Can't say the same about Lukaku, lots of desperate finger pointing, though. I'd immediately get rid of Lukaku and play Trossard, who came in red hot for Arse.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

Could be nothing given how dramatic he always likes to act, but a severe ACL injury would knock him out for the rest of the calendar year.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
I guess they'll just have to buy Dean Henderson for €75m now.

AaronRedDevil

Time for DDG to finally step into Real Madrid. I’d love that for him but it probably won’t happen.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
No striker and now this….this will be a loooong season.

Sylar

With how Madrid play, ddg on a short term would be a cheap option (I say cheap, but who knows if he will lower his wage request)

Unam333

De Gea makes sense on a one year, but I'd imagine he's a bit down the list.
De Gea would make perfect sense the way Real Madrid play.
Only two problems are would he accept a lower salary and how will the Madrid fans feel? In Spain they don't rate De Gea.

bringbackbebe

Hope he recovers quick. Still has a decade of the game ahead of him.

I can see them targeting De Gea or Kepa. Henderson would be fantastic in this Real Madrid squad if they can convince him to come.

RoyH1

So, Manchester City's chances to win two CL's in a row just improved massively. No way Madrid can win it now even if they got Mbappé. Courtouis heroics were essential to their last one and their defence is very leaky

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
This is gonna sound petty, but I’d be pretty gutted if we boot De Gea out, he signs for Madrid and they win the CL :lol:

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Man what an awful season injury wise. And who knows what is to come…

Wonder if he’ll ever get back to his old level. Lunin does okay but is clearly a step down.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
Different knee than the previous ACL injury too.

Don't know which is worse, hurting the same knee again or having two dodgy knees?