Things about football that get you unreasonably annoyed…

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
The death of manager rivalries. Basically, the lack of genuine rivalry amongst teams going for titles.

Superunknown

For me, it's the way lots of modern day fans will support players before teams. The amount of videos you see on YouTube or other social media platforms where there's endless compilations or tributes to these players, with shitty repetitive music played over the top..it's staggering. There's this weird fandom that is utterly obsessed with Ronaldo, Messi, Mbappe, Vinicius Jr that I find really hard to stomach at times. I think we're going to see more and more fans slip in this direction as time goes by. Social media is also making this worse with the amount of coverage these guys get, and then there's the reaction videos, the interactions, etc. It's becoming less and less about what is happening for those 90 minutes when two teams take it to the field.

I would also say the over-analysis that can be done at half time or full time, too. It feels like there's 5 hours or so that gets dedicated to a match, and the game is only a very, very small part of it. Every little thing gets blown up and has a subtext to it. It's a lot more humbling when you're actually at a stadium and you can't hear any commentary, or any half time analysis or endless replays over incidents. For me, that's the purest form of the game.

VivaJesperBlomqvist

Players being shitty when a foul is called or a throw in to the other team and throwing the ball away or not directly into the players hands. What’s the point?

68cob

For me, it's the way lots of modern day fans will support players before teams. The amount of videos you see on YouTube or other social media platforms where there's endless compilations or tributes to these players, with shitty repetitive music played over the top..it's staggering.
It might just be that you're only getting more exposure to this because of social media. I first encountered it over twenty years ago and learned it was a thing in mainland Europe for some time.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Obsession with systems now and everybody trying to play like Pep
A very specific variation of this: calling Borussia Dortmund a "system based team". Makes me explode every time I read it and occasionally make a grumpy post about it.

cpresc

When commentators say "the Shearers, the Gerrards, the Keanes" always pluralising the names.. I mean, there's been a few Keanes but it just annoys TF out of me