Things you can't do as a professional footballer

Skills

Snitch
Following the Derby sacking Keogh, I was looking into things professional athletes are banned from.

Skiing (any extreme sport is one) :

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.te...ers-rules-mid-season-holidays-john-terry/amp/

Riding a motorbike :

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.eu...lli-buys-motorbike_sto2877080/story-amp.shtml

I'm surprised clubs don't enforce a smoking ban. Is that only a matter of time too considering these guys can be worth 100s of millions in transfer fees + 10s of millions in wages.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Drugs
Kids

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I'd imagine there must be clauses in contracts that extend to just about any other sort of sport during a season. And actually playing Football, outside of actual matches/training. Imagine getting injured having a 5 a side kick-about with your mates?

Skills

Snitch
I'd imagine there must be clauses in contracts that extend to just about any other sort of sport during a season. And actually playing Football, outside of actual matches/training. Imagine getting injured having a 5 a side kick-about with your mates?
Off-season as well I reckon. It's why someone like Ronaldo rarely ever takes part in a charity game - it's just not worth the risk.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
It's why the all play Golf... very low-risk sport.

I bet a load of footballers are also good at Snooker/Pool too.

DVG7

It's why the all play Golf... very low-risk sport.

I bet a load of footballers are also good at Snooker/Pool too.
Golf on the contrary could be quite bad from a mental perspective, particularly for the ultra competitive ones. I can imagine Ronaldo 4 putting and it’s not a pretty sight how frustrated he’d be.

lysglimt

Scout
For a Scandinavian - the concept of not being allowed to ski is almost laughable :)

krautrøck

Supports
FC Bayer 05 Uerdingen
Criticise any of the corporate sponsors.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I'm friends with a professional footballer playing in the Bundesliga and even the in the knockout stages of the CL for a few seasons. He occasionally plays football with us in the summer breaks though obviously everyone knows the circumstances and thus you tackle him more cautiously. I'm pretty certain many players do these kind of things, though they obviously need to be very cautious.

Patrick Helmes (former German national player) actually ruptured his ACL when he played with friends in the summer break. So yeah, it is probably not that uncommon.

RyRy11

Avoid tweeting about how "It's not the result we wanted" and that they'll "Work harder for the next game" after they lose a game they should have won.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I remember Michael Owen saying he couldn't ride a horse during his playing days.

Wasnt aware of the motorbike one. Doesn't Zlatan ride motorbikes? Then again it's Zlatan. No contact is going to tell him what to do.

arthurka

If you are a Utd player it would be wise to not follow in Rooney's shoes and criticize you"new" owners.. especially if you like your head much.