Things you really hate about the football/modern game

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Just have the ref in the stands make the decision.

The rules and laws of the game should be implemented fairly and objectively, not as an interpretation of the particular matchday ref.
It's probably inevitable we're heading towards matches without refs whatsoever so it'll probably save FIFA & UEFA more money without high quality headsets.

Can't wait for machine glitching out like they always tend to do...

Vooon

Hal Institute for Criminally Insane Robots
i can agree with this and i started following the club in the mid 00s so i'm not even old enough for the 'good o' days' chestnut according to me! It all feels 'fake' and corporatized, for lack of better words. I guess our general fickleness, fortunes on the pitch and the culture of instant gratification which has been dialed up massively makes me question the time i spend following the club/sport which i previously took for granted when younger.
Totally agree! I spend less and less time watching the PL these days, probably around ten matches this last season.

Supports
England
i can agree with this and i started following the club in the mid 00s so i'm not even old enough for the 'good o' days' chestnut according to me! It all feels 'fake' and corporatized, for lack of better words. I guess our general fickleness, fortunes on the pitch and the culture of instant gratification which has been dialed up massively makes me question the time i spend following the club/sport which i previously took for granted when younger.
Good post. It's hard to articulate exactly how the game is changing but one just gets the sense that the overall direction is overwhelmingly negative. It's a death march of officiousness, sterility, corporatism, globalism etc., and an effective microcosm of society as a whole.

hmchan

Sideways passing between defenders, who then give it back to the goalkeeper who inevitably punts it long and loses possession.

Attacking corners where within 10 seconds of the corner being taken, one of your defenders plays it safely all the way back to your goalkeeper.

The same 5 or 6 pundits who are on tv every week and are there purely to fill up the time. Or worse, commentary during a game that doesn't actually talk about anything happening on the field.
You must be mad watching the Barca game yesterday.

Denis' cuff

Since football is ultimately just an entertainment product, I'd be happy with the introduction of a rule banning not playing to score. I don't know how you'd operationalise a rule like that in practice though. It'd be too subjective.
operate

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
With all the camera's and technology these days... We just act so much harder on unsportsmanship like diving, acting pain, asking for bookings, shouting against the ref, wasting time deliberately... Thats the thing I really really genuinely hate and of which I fully understand non-football fans hating about this sport...

For feck sake..
If someone dives, suspense them for 3 games.. (also in hindsight after the game has finished if needed).
If someone touches the ref, suspense them for 3 games.. (also in hindsight after the game has finished if needed).
Work with a fixed amount of time per half/game and stop the clock when the ball is out of play (2x30/35 minutes).. This will stop wasting time by acting pain or taking things extremely slow.
If someone acts by rolling around for 5 minutes when falling to the ground acting like you have a broken leg and standing up immediately when you outside the pithc, suspense in for 3 games.. (also in hindsight after the game has finished if needed).

God, this grinds my gears so much... Even thinking/talking about it
Thought of my old post again after the diving acting cheating cnuts after the Immobile, Martial and Sensi red cards...

The Purley King

Thought of my old post again after the diving acting cheating cnuts after the Immobile, Martial and Sensi red cards...
The problem is that an “honest” reaction like martials today is still punished more harshly than the original offence despite the video evidence.
Just encourages shithousery and play acting.
Had martial gone down like a sack of spuds lamela would have seen red instead.
How the feck can that possibly make sense.......

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
The problem is that an “honest” reaction like martials today is still punished more harshly than the original offence despite the video evidence.
Just encourages shithousery and play acting.
Had martial gone down like a sack of spuds lamela would have seen red instead.
How the feck can that possibly make sense.......
I agree with you a 100%...

Players still do the overachting and he whining... Because they have nothing to lose.. Only to gain.. Thats why they can always try to act like a pussy, either it works and the opponnent gets booked, or the ref doesnt buy it, but in that case there is no punishment.. Thats the problem... We should start booking, punishing, supsending acting likt this and trying to feck over opponents like that..

This for me is really one of the factors ruining this game for me..