this is really, really s#&*

Boycott

I remember when we beat Milan 7-2 over 2 legs back in 2010 and just remember thinking how depressing it would be to be a Milan fan right then, there team was so slow with ageing players and we won at a canter. The way we have been playing post Fergie at times has really reminded me of that Milan team and I look back at the squad we had back then and there's probably half as much talent in the team. Yes we had a defence that was in it's prime and it helped but I am more thinking about the quality of football we could produce with that side and it's just streets ahead of where we are currently. If I could have taken a look at the squad we have now back then I would honestly have thought we would be challenging for CL titles and winning domestic competitions not battling for 4th place and not in a European compeition. Half way through the first half of Burnley I did actually say "this is really shit" so thought I would have to contribute a post in here. Anyhow, luckily we will never be in the same situation as Milan so onwards and upwards!
Tomorrow marks 5 years since the first leg at the San Siro. Amazing how time has flown by. The 09-10 season was an exciting season but gutted we only had the League Cup to show for it. Our wings were devastating and Rooney as that lone striker was outstanding.

Sylar

Tomorrow marks 5 years since the first leg at the San Siro. Amazing how time has flown by. The 09-10 season was an exciting season but gutted we only had the League Cup to show for it. Our wings were devastating and Rooney as that lone striker was outstanding.
Rooneys injury in that Bayern first leg was a huge blow. He lost the ball, got injured we lost 2-1 that first leg and then few days later lost to Chelsea at home (before throwing away a 3-0 lead against Bayern (3-0 despite having a one legged Rooney in the team)). Shame really because Valencia to Rooney would almost ultimately lead to a goal for us.