Film This Weird Period Batman-less Joker Movie That Makes No Sense But Is, Like, Fascinating, Isn't It?

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
I'm very on board with the idea, up until the being directed by Todd Phillips part.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I think we should make a Joker movie. feck it, why not? Let’s just have everyone make a Joker movie and whoever makes the best one gets to run all western culture, forever.

Last edited:

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I think people who watch comic movies and pretend they are good are definitely the worst kind. Every one of those cunta who was excited about suicide squad and started talking about it two years before it was out and such should be perma banned from this forum. And from life.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I watched a fan made Joker series on YouTube years ago. I think it was set between the Dark Knight and the Dark Knight Rises. It was great! It came out before Dark Knight Rises and it got so much recognition that the people behind it were contacted by Warner Brothers themselves before the release of DKR.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I think we should make a Joker movie. feck it, why not? Let’s just have everyone make a Joker movie and whoever makes the best one gets to run all western culture, forever.
Nah, nothing will top this:

What a great fan series this was! All the way back to 2009.

Ainu

Mark Hamill's got nothing on Tommy Wiseau's laugh. "Oh hi, Bats. Hahaha". What a missed opportunity.

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
The Joaquin Phoenix Joker movie won't have Dr. Phil in it though, so it'll be garbage.

http://www.vulture.com/2018/09/dr-phil-gets-kidnapped-in-new-harley-quinn-and-joker-movie.html

“The whole thing starts with Harley kidnapping Dr. Phil. Played by Dr. Phil hopefully. Because her and the Joker are having problems with their relationship,” screenwriter Glenn Ficarra, who worked on the screenplay with fellow This Is Us alum John Requa, toldMetro. “We had so much fun, I don’t know if we have had more fun writing a script in our career.”

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Edit: Yeah, what Mockney posted below.

Last edited:

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Think he probably meant to post this...

Still no fecking clue what this is... looks kinda good though. Lot of Scorsese vibes. Todd Phillips is the only questionable component.

Also...

They’re making a Sonic movie too. Jim
Carey’s in it. That’s a real thing that’s happening.

Global Warming’s too slow if anything.
This is still a thing too...

Last edited:

Andersons Dietician

I want to hate this just because of Phoenix but I know i’ll For sure end up watching it but I hope to god that Ronald McDonald looking mother trucker isn’t the final joker and just some guise before he becomes the Joker.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I want to hate this just because of Phoenix but I know i’ll For sure end up watching it but I hope to god that Ronald McDonald looking mother trucker isn’t the final joker and just some guise before he becomes the Joker.
Why? He is a fantastic actor and by and large has parts in top quality movies.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Phoneix is a fantastic actor, and he was really good as a villain in gladiator.

Different kind of role of course, but he can definitely pull off that whole creepy/unhinged shtick.

Bizarre for DC to potentially get their act together with their cinematic Universe so late in the day.
Like walking in when the party's over.

Andersons Dietician

Why? He is a fantastic actor and by and large has parts in top quality movies.
To be honest I’m not even sure, I just have an irrational hatred of the man and go out of my way to avoid anything that he is in. Might also have something to do with the films Signs and The Village.

Just seems to me to be a terrible choice to play the Joker. In true CAF fashion he’s over 28 so he’s done. He looks about 50 but I think he is 42 or something and they cast him for an origin story. Seems like the Affleck mistake all over again.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
To be honest I’m not even sure, I just have an irrational hatred of the man and go out of my way to avoid anything that he is in. Might also have something to do with the films Signs and The Village.
Fair enough I guess - for me though he is one of the few actors that if I know is in a movie I'll want to see it and expect it to be very good. He is one of the best actors out there I think. Watch The Master - he is absolutely fantastic in that.

Fair enough I guess - for me though he is one of the few actors that if I know is in a movie I'll want to see it and expect it to be very good. He is one of the best actors out there I think. Watch The Master - he is absolutely fantastic in that.
Also checkout Lynn Ramsay's 2018 gem You Were Never Really There , Audiard's first American produced film The Sisters Brothers and Spike Jonze's HER.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Phoenix will probably be quite good in the lead role and the film itself will be a lot less interesting and provocative than it probably wants to be. I imagine we'll get some tragic Joker backstory that attempts to explain his insanity and a mildly shocking-but-not-that-shocking scene where he does something bad that ensures he's still seen as a villain.
Checking out so far.

Kapardin

The trailer looks fantastic and quite a plausible story of Joker's disturbed past. Of course, have to wait for the movie, but they might have made the best casting choice since Heath Ledger in Phoenix.

Hoof the ball

If I had to pick one actor who I thought could play an incredible Joker, I would have picked Joaquin Phoenix, to be honest. Just watched the trailer and it looks sensational. Hooked me right in. Like another person wrote above, it has that Scorsese feel to it, but also perhaps a small sprinkle of Tim Burton, also.

This could be a real sleeper hit, right out of left field.

Renegade

Looks fantastic.

I hope he comes across more villainous as the film progresses. Also is that a young Bruce Wayne in the trailer?