Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Name Changed

weso26
Whilst creative are partly to blame, some of the buck has to stop on the talent. If you have average mic skills, or void of personality how could you realistically expect to be in a top spot?

McIntyre will get his spot, and so will Joe. Cesaro though, will be an upper midcarder for the foreseeable.

New Day is the perfect example of creative giving you shite, running with it and turning it around.
You go with the character creative give you. McIntyre isn't exactly great on the mike. Rollins is the champion and with the way they are booking him he has zero charisma.

Andersons Dietician

You know what I thought was a bit crazy was how small Tyson Fury looked compared to Braun. He looked really skinny and not athletic at all. Wouldn’t think looking at him next to Braun that he is the lineal heavyweight champion of the world :lol:

He normally looks like quite a big fellow but just goes to show you the size of Braun.

You know how people were talking about character vs wrestling earlier. Was thinking about this and have to say Alexa Bliss is probably the best character wrestler in WWE. She is permanently on it. Like you can see others thinking what would my character do in this situation where is she just reacts instantly.

it’s not just her skill on the mic, it’s all the little things, like the bratty faces and stuff. Just a shame she isn’t as good technicaly as some of the others.

Yagami

Good post resistant
So AEW dropped to about 1 million and NXT remained at around 800,000.

Think that's pretty much where both will stay for the time being... Unless they have a special show or anything
Can't say I'm surprised at the drop. Personally, I didn't think they did enough to A) keep everyone who saw the 1st show on their toes to see what happens next, and B) do so well and get so much positive feedback that, by word of mouth, more people tune in to see what's going on.

manutddjw

With Cesaro it’s clear Vince got the idea that he’s Swiss with limited charisma as he said on Stone Cold’s podcast and nothing will change his opinion.

One moment in particular stands out is the time they finally gave him a mic and he botched the promo saying something like 4 ropes instead of 3. For the duration of the match his mouthpiece Michael Cole kept bringing it up and mocking him. Worse off that night what should’ve been the start of his push with the promo, they put him in a match with a returning Bad News Barrett who was always going to get a return pop. If that’s not an intentional burial I don’t know what is.

Castia

Dave gave Rollins vs Fiend -2 stars.....ouch. Worst wwe rated match since 07 I believe.

He does go to say the wrestlers aren’t really at fault and blamed the booking along with that stupid red light throughout the match.

Ekeke

Can't say I'm surprised at the drop. Personally, I didn't think they did enough to A) keep everyone who saw the 1st show on their toes to see what happens next, and B) do so well and get so much positive feedback that, by word of mouth, more people tune in to see what's going on.
They both dropped so much because of the sports going on at the time.

"Going up against the end of Major League Baseball's NLDS, AEW Dynamite dropped 28 percent in total viewers and 32 percent in the 18-49 demo last night, averaging 1,018,000 viewers on TNT and a 0.46 rating in that key demo.

Last night's truTV simulcast of Dynamite drew 122,000 viewers, so live/same-night DVR viewership was a smaller drop-off overall.

NXT was down a similar 32 percent in the 18-49 demo but down just 11 percent overall, coming in with 790,000 viewers.

AEW beat NXT in every demo except for people over 50, where NXT had a 0.50 rating as opposed to AEW's 0.40.

Baseball dominated the night in the cable ratings with the Cardinals and Braves averaging 3.325 million viewers in the early game and the Dodgers and Nationals doing 5.856 million viewers.

AEW finished eighth for the night in the 18-49 demo, while NXT dropped all the way to 27th. AEW did not rank in the top 25 on cable in terms of total viewers.

The strongest demo for AEW was males 18-49, where they scored a 0.66 rating, fifth for the night on cable.

These are the market numbers that we have for last night's Dynamite and the show's replay:

• Chicago 0.9 -- down 10 percent live, even for the replay (0.6)
  • Dallas 0.5 -- down 44 percent live, even for the replay (0.1)
  • DC 0.4 -- down 43 percent live, down 50 percent for the replay (0.1)
  • Houston 0.9 -- Even from last week, down 25 percent for the replay (0.3)
  • Atlanta 0.9 -- down 10 percent live, up 100 percent for the replay (0.4)
  • Detroit 1.1 -- down 21 percent live, down 63 percent for the replay (0.3)
  • Minneapolis 0.7 -- down 13 percent live, up 100 percent for the replay (0.4)
  • Charlotte 2.4 -- up 20 percent live, down 13 percent for the replay (0.7)
A positive is that most markets grew from the start of the show overall, with many peaking in the final segment. Last week started at a peak and fell. The second quarter with the end of the Young Bucks match and the Inner Circle/Jericho interview peaked in a number of markets as well.

Minneapolis wasn't strong, but tripled its viewership from the first quarter to the last quarter.

Charlotte peaked with a 2.8 quarter from 9-9:15 p.m."

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I've pretty much stopped watching wrestling these days but my friend introduced to the attitude era podcast recently... I'd forgotten how good the product was!

Sylar

With Cesaro it’s clear Vince got the idea that he’s Swiss with limited charisma as he said on Stone Cold’s podcast and nothing will change his opinion.

One moment in particular stands out is the time they finally gave him a mic and he botched the promo saying something like 4 ropes instead of 3. For the duration of the match his mouthpiece Michael Cole kept bringing it up and mocking him. Worse off that night what should’ve been the start of his push with the promo, they put him in a match with a returning Bad News Barrett who was always going to get a return pop. If that’s not an intentional burial I don’t know what is.
That 4 ropes thing was so minor as he corrected himself
But the commentators made it into a big deal that he messed up. Annoying

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I've never seen her wrestle (not sure if she even does), but I've seen her, and I am very pleased with this signing.
Don't care if she puts on matches like Queen Sharmell vs Jenna Morasca, she is mental hot.

She actually had a squash match against Nia Jax on Raw a few years ago.

AshRK

That 4 ropes thing was so minor as he corrected himself
But the commentators made it into a big deal that he messed up. Annoying
They won't do that without Vince's approval. Vince has never been his fan.

Andersons Dietician

Scarlett Bordeaux has signed with WWE...

I’d never seen her wrestle or ever heard of her but she came up on my Instagram as a follow suggestion. One of the best things instagram has brought to my life.:drool:

seen some clips of her wrestling the fellas is she any good? And do we think she’ll get to wear that burlesque type gear to wrestle in.

I see a Vince affair storyline in the pipeline in our near future.

Last edited:

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I’d never seen her wrestle or ever heard of her but she came up on my Instagram as a follow suggestion. One of the best things instagram has brought to my life.:drool:

seen some clips of her wrestling the fellas is she any good? And do we think she’ll get to wear that burlesque type gear to wrestle in.

I see a Vince affair storyline in the pipeline in our near future.

Vince's days of affairs with Divas are long gone. There would be uproar if it happened these days.

Her whole gimmick in Impact was that she was a throwback to the Divas era and she wouldn't be "hot-shamed" for dressing and acting sexily.

Ekeke

Vince's days of affairs with Divas are long gone. There would be uproar if it happened these days.

Her whole gimmick in Impact was that she was a throwback to the Divas era and she wouldn't be "hot-shamed" for dressing and acting sexily.
Which was along the lines of what WWE wanted to do with Lana, for about 2 weeks till she made her debut and then they got over it. She'd probably be best off being a manager for a male talent in WWE.

Castia

Fecking cringe isn’t it. First round of picks were obvious apart from maybe the fiend.

Ekeke

Smackdown was super trash. Worst show of the week from what ive seen so far

The Draft was just a way for the network to introduce the superstars on their show, most of them were already there and the rest didnt matter. Also the new titles for both shows featured people who were never going to be traded. So all in all completely pointless cheesy stuff

Castia

I was expecting some quality shows from WWE after the AEW launch but it seems to be getting worse, I turned Smackdown off and went to bed last night it was ridiculous.

After watching AEW and NXT put on a proper show RAW and Smackdown feel like a weird celebrity talent show or something, like it should be on MTV being watched by 14 year olds. It’s honestly dreadful.

They even leaked the draft results ahead of time, Vince must have some real fecking muppets working in and around wwe at the moment.

Bobby Lashley and Rusev on separate shows? So why did they have him make out with Lana last week? that story is most likely dead already. Kofi comes out and looks like he gives zero fecks about loosing his title, he’s happy throwing pancakes about and stuff.....it’s just not believable at all.

Castia

Smackdown was super trash. Worst show of the week from what ive seen so far

The Draft was just a way for the network to introduce the superstars on their show, most of them were already there and the rest didnt matter. Also the new titles for both shows featured people who were never going to be traded. So all in all completely pointless cheesy stuff

See it when an orgy nearly broke out after drafting Natalia? the whole thing was cringe from start to finish.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Reddit would make you laugh. Bayley turning into Bad Janet is apparently amazing subtle character development when all she did was cut her hair and said a swear word.

paulscholes18

Dave gave Rollins vs Fiend -2 stars.....ouch. Worst wwe rated match since 07 I believe.

He does go to say the wrestlers aren’t really at fault and blamed the booking along with that stupid red light throughout the match.
Surprised he rated it that highly.
Such a chance wasted had I been in charge of booking the Fiend I would have had he would have destroyed Rollins then
Retire Goldberg at Crown Jewel
Beat the winner of Lesnar and Cain at Survivor Series
Beat Orton at TLC
Beat Reigns at RR
Win EC vs Joe, Bryan, Ricochet, Mysterio, Lesnar,
Then to cement him as a main event player A win title vs Career against Undertaker or B be the first to beat Demon King Finn Balor

Then have him put over Aleister Black at SummerSlam

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Such a chance wasted had I been in charge of booking the Fiend I would have had he would have destroyed Rollins then
Beat Orton at TLC
Beat Reigns at RR
Then to cement him as a main event player A win title vs Career against Undertaker or B be the first to beat Demon King Finn Balor

:lol:

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Beat Orton at TLC
Beat Reigns at RR

Never knew Russo was on Redcafe.

Ekeke

Reddit would make you laugh. Bayley turning into Bad Janet is apparently amazing subtle character development when all she did was cut her hair and said a swear word.
More importantly for me the timing is shit. She just won the title as a face and held it for a while so why is she suddenly so desperate that she changes like that? Granted she did side with Sasha, but that would have been the time for a turn like this because it would be shocking. There was no build up to this change and having that be the main event storylin, that she pops a few balloon people. Jesus christ

I dont mind the new look, I think its good she had a change I just think it was done in a really lame way. Like everything else to do with her

Mystry

Friendship is magic
Does that style of presentation for the draft come across well for American audiences, because I just thought it was really dull and wondered whether it was just an American sports thing that I don't get. I actually thought Rollins and Reigns were having a decent match until all the shenanigans. Having the fiend appear out of nowhere then just beat the crap out of someone is one thing but the smoke and the hole in the mat feels a bit too hokey, all made worse by Cole's commentary. After that it was just a boring show with an occasional stupid moment(shorty Gable ffs).

Name Changed

weso26
Beat Orton at TLC
Beat Reigns at RR

:lol: wow

Yagami

Good post resistant
Just seen SmackDowns rating for the draft :lol:

FOX really had no clue, did they?

Sylar

I never understood Fox deal making for it. All that money didn't make sense even if others wanted it.

All those laughing at @paulscholes18
I bet if that actually happened a lot would enjoy it

b82REZ

Watched a bit of the draft last night, first none PPV I've watched in about 3 years.

My god what an awful product.

WWE needs to change direction as they are at the worst I've seen them in a very long time. I've not watched any AEW but I do hope they give Vince some sleepless nights and maybe he'll start improving his product.

Andersons Dietician

Well that was terrible. Probably the worst show I can remember ever watching. Those cut always to the executives were just cringe. Think I fast forwarded about 95% of the show.