Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Bwuk

That was just ridiculous. How many curb stomps and finishers can The Fiend take?

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Apparently there was issues in Saudi Arabia and most of the wrestlers are still stuck there. Some say plane issues and some say Vince had an argument and left on his private jet.

Smackdown will be a disaster tonight

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I absolutely hate this new thing of spamming finishers.

Its ridiculous, and more often then not completely takes me out of a match.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Thought I'd share this. Watch from 4.25 onwards.

KO and Jericho were the best thing about WWE then.

Renegade

I absolutely hate this new thing of spamming finishers.

Its ridiculous, and more often then not completely takes me out of a match.
It’s lazy and cheap. No wrestler including Brock should in theory not be able to beat this Fiend. 2 Sledgehammer shots would have kept undertaker and Kane down back in the day and they were genuine monsters. Why does a monster like the Fiend even care about the belt? Has he explained why he was going after it?

Sylar

Heard it was the best smackdown in ages and best fox era one

Daniel Bryan vs Adam Cole BAYBAY for the NXT title. Awesome.
Bests the scheduled Roman Vs Corbin match. Though ratings will be interesting

Renegade

I hate when survivor series comes around and they do the invasion angle every year. People who are currently feuding automatically become buddies.

Ekeke

Thought Smackdown was okay, good for the circumstances. The talent that was there kinda got kayfabe destroyed though. Banks and Bayley particularly look like nothing. I'm sure they'll have some of the stars that werent there get "revenge" in the coming weeks and make Smackdown look stronger, but their womens division was basically there and was decimated. I guess Bliss and the Kabuki warriors can still look strong

Andersons Dietician

Worth it for the final match alone but the show seemed like a promotion for NXT given every time they showed up someone was getting a beating. Pretty much crushed every Smackdown performer that was there.

Have been thinking that Bayley’s new look somewhat reminds me of Shana Bazler so was good
to see her beat the crap out of her

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Just watching smackdown now, on Cole/Bryan, this has been a wild ep! I love NXT so I'm a happy man.

Can't help but think we're building towards Bryan/Triple H at mania.

Ekeke

Sounds like a disagreement between Vince and the Prince about money not being paid might be the reason that the talent was stuck in Saudi so long.

Castia

Sounds like a disagreement between Vince and the Prince about money not being paid might be the reason that the talent was stuck in Saudi so long.

I read the WWE are owed $64m from the Saudi’s.

Things are about to go crazy. Most of the top tier execs including Vince, Steph, Triple H and Dunn sold a feck load of shares over the summer, if it’s because they knew the Saudi deal was about to go tits up then they’re in massive trouble.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
I read the WWE are owed $64m from the Saudi’s.

Things are about to go crazy. Most of the top tier execs including Vince, Steph, Triple H and Dunn sold a feck load of shares over the summer, if it’s because they knew the Saudi deal was about to go tits up then they’re in massive trouble.
They are saying it's between 300 and 500 million he's owed and he shut down the feed of crown jewel in Saudi Arabia that's the real reason they were delayed.

Castia

They are saying it's between 300 and 500 million he's owed and he shut down the feed of crown jewel in Saudi Arabia that's the real reason they were delayed.
Jesus didn’t realise it was that much. It’s probably going to get a bit messy.

Ekeke

According to Meltzer he was told by someone there from WWE that "They were pawns in a dick waving contest" and some people felt that they were held hostage in a way. He added later that the stories he's been told have been some really bad stuff.

Meltzer did say that if this was the case, then the 20 top stars who got flown out separately would have been held too.

I'm not sure thats the case, you only need a certain amount of people held there to make a point. It doesnt sound like they were ever in proper danger, but they were at the whim of the Prince.

Castia

There is some rumours of Saudi’s being behind on payments to WWE. Which doesn’t bode well for United if takeover talk is true

edit: I’m just repeating the above

They apparently owe Canada $3B for tanks.

I think this royal Saudi ‘Family’ has about 1500 members with some having more power than others, I’m guessing the lower downs are making stupid deals.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Meltzer is a fecking hack and knows nothing. The cult-like reverance he gets around the internet is nauseating.

The entire deal is worth $400 million over 10 years and they get paid by show so there is no way WWE are owed anything close to half a billion right now.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
:lol:

of course you know better than someone involved in the business for almost 50 years
Well wiki says he is 60 so if he's been bullshitting about wrestling since he was 10 then fair play to him.

I saw this post on Reddit and they put it better than I ever could...

An international airline facing pending litigation for negligence is not going to put out a statement lying about a faulty plane and risk another potential loss in earnings, as well as damaging their credibility.

Vince Mcmahon wouldn’t have been allowed to leave Saudi had he got into it with the Crown Prince. Lacey and the Glam squad wouldn’t have left on their own flight. If they were being detained, the “top 20” and Seth Rollins wouldn’t have been able to leave with no issues.

Oh, and a nation with friendly relations with the US holding 200 people for an entire day due to an altercation with a prominent US businessman (& husband of Trump campaign advisor) would be a major international incident and the entire news world would be all over it. If you don’t think that’s a pretty major news story just for the Trump ties, then I dunno what to tell you.

WWE is not powerful enough to bury an international incident or convince a publicly traded company to lie for them. This isn’t Meltzer burying the Kylie Rae story. This is a government keeping 200 people against their will. No one could keep this hidden.

In order to buy that this is some kind of major conspiracy, you would need to think that two publicly traded companies are lying, one during pending litigation, and that the security for the Crown Prince is so bad that the person who slighted him got to the airport, handed over his passport, passed security, boarded a plane, and left without any issues at all and when they realized it, held a plane of people in a country but let all of his MVP’s go with no trouble.

Not to mention they weren’t held at the airport. They were put up in five star hotels and given meals and access to entertainment. A hostile government mad at their employer would totally do that/s. The simplest explanation is often the correct one. The plane had an issue. They tried six hours to fix it. Sending another larger plane takes time.

WWE managed to obtain a flight for the SD crew and arrange for Seth Rollins to meet his fiancée in Dubai. The rest unfortunately have to wait and they get cranky and feel slighted. Everyone gets home and is tired. WWE decides to make it a Chronicle for the Network so they film reactions from those stuck and those in Buffalo. Meltzer doesn’t want to be wrong so he doubles down.
Tl;dr? Meltzer is a hack.

Ekeke

Well wiki says he is 60 so if he's been bullshitting about wrestling since he was 10 then fair play to him.

I saw this post on Reddit and they put it better than I ever could...

Tl;dr? Meltzer is a hack.
12. He's been writing about wrestling since 12 years old

Also if you read or listened to him, or my post earlier talking about what he said about it he made his own counterpoints. I disagreed with one of them, that the 20 top stars leaving seperately wouldnt have been allowed if they were "hostages". I said that might not be true because its not like they needed everyone, just enough to make a point

Regardless, here's a post from Karl Anderson and his wife's response

I guess shes a hack too

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
12. He's been writing about wrestling since 12 years old

Also if you read or listened to him, or my post earlier talking about what he said about it he made his own counterpoints. I disagreed with one of them, that the 20 top stars leaving seperately wouldnt have been allowed if they were "hostages". I said that might not be true because its not like they needed everyone, just enough to make a point

Regardless, here's a post from Karl Anderson and his wife's response

I guess shes a hack too
AJ on his Mixer stream...

AJ does a Mixer livestream gaming channel and just started a stream a few minutes ago. It’s his first since Crown Jewel, and started off right away with his perspective of the flight delay. He mentioned:

• There was an unspecified issue with the plane and they were originally not allowed to board. Something with paperwork.
  • They had called for a refueling service, but the servicemen, they were told, had gone home for the evening.
  • By the time this was sorted out, the pilots were no longer cleared to fly because their shift had timed out. They were then asked to find a hotel and wait for the next flight.
  • There were no guns or anything crazy like a hostage situation. His wife called worried about the rumors.
  • Once the finally got on the (second) flight home, one of the pilots sat with them in the cabin and explained there was some kind of service issue.
  • He’s not sure what happened with Vince and the Royal Prince, and it’s not his job to speculate.
  • Just wants to go to work and do the best job he can, and mentions there are a lot of good people at WWE, and are all on the same team.
  • Missed his son’s wrestling match and was very angry about that, but is just happy to be home.
"His wife called worried about the rumours." Good job, Meltzer. Worrying families by being a hack.

Ekeke

AJ on his Mixer stream...

"His wife called worried about the rumours." Good job, Meltzer. Worrying families by being a hack.
Some people toe the company line. WWE marks will believe anything, its easy for them to set the narrative. You see it all the time with people actually believing WWE is more important than the rest of the wrestling world.

I can see why WWE talent would not want to make it a bigger deal than it needs to be, that'll come from the top.

I cant however see why WWE talent would make up that they felt like they were kept against their will.

I dont know, maybe you guys make shit up all the time. It doesnt make sense to me though

Sylar

TBF, quite a few WWE guys said 'never again'. Buddy Murphy tweeted 'never again'. I doubt a flight delay or mechanical issue would result in him tweeting that. Im sure there is something a bit more suspicious that happened but we will never know I guess.

Bwuk

Some people toe the company line. WWE marks will believe anything, its easy for them to set the narrative. You see it all the time with people actually believing WWE is more important than the rest of the wrestling world.

I can see why WWE talent would not want to make it a bigger deal than it needs to be, that'll come from the top.

I cant however see why WWE talent would make up that they felt like they were kept against their will.

I dont know, maybe you guys make shit up all the time. It doesnt make sense to me though
It is. WWE is professional wrestling to 99.9% of the world wide population.

I highly doubt AJ Styles is lying.

Ekeke

It is. WWE is professional wrestling to 99.9% of the world wide population.

I highly doubt AJ Styles is lying.
Its sports entertainment and AJ Styles is a sports entertainer working for Vince McMahon. He'll do what hes told