Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
All the wrestling media/writers are reporting on it, not just Meltzer.
I ask you this. If it went down how Meltzer is suggesting it went down, why hasn't it been picked up by any major news station? A supposed hostage situation in Saudi Arabia with US nationals, would be breaking news pretty much everywhere, right?

Ekeke

I ask you this. If it went down how Meltzer is suggesting it went down, why hasn't it been picked up by any major news station? A supposed hostage situation in Saudi Arabia with US nationals, would be breaking news pretty much everywhere, right?
What do you mean by how Meltzer is suggesting it went down? He said he spoke to several people, one specifically said they felt like they were being used as pawns in a dick swinging contest. Others said they cant wait to leave the company. But he also said one person he spoke to fully believed the mechanical fault story he was told.

Was that AJ? No idea. Possibly, or possibly someone else.

He wasnt there so he's passing on what other people have told him. Both Alvarez and Meltzer did say you'd have to be silly not to question WWE's story, given that an airport doesnt normally take 24 hours to get another flight sorted out

Once again, I can see why a company man is going to make this less of a big deal as thats in the interests of his boss. What I need you to tell me is why the wife of a superstar who was stuck out there would make things up. I can't see what they'd get out of this

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
What do you mean by how Meltzer is suggesting it went down? He said he spoke to several people, one specifically said they felt like they were being used as pawns in a dick swinging contest. Others said they cant wait to leave the company. But he also said one person he spoke to fully believed the mechanical fault story he was told.

Was that AJ? No idea. Possibly, or possibly someone else.

He wasnt there so he's passing on what other people have told him. Both Alvarez and Meltzer did say you'd have to be silly not to question WWE's story, given that an airport doesnt normally take 24 hours to get another flight sorted out

Once again, I can see why a company man is going to make this less of a big deal as thats in the interests of his boss. What I need you to tell me is why the wife of a superstar who was stuck out there would make things up. I can't see what they'd get out of this
"One person in the company said WWE is trying to get video from as much talent as possible to claim the mechanical issues on the plane were the problem. Just the fact they would do this is very strange."

"All I know is that people in WWE, around WWE, all have the same story, very different from public story but I can't corroborate anything past you'd have to be naive if not at least questioning things."

“ Some notes since nobody can say anything. WWE had a problem in Saudi Arabia. Talent was not allowed to leave on their flight and most are still there. 20 people, 12 of which were talent, have left but the rest are still there.”

He probably got told something vaguely, put 2 and 2 together and got 9.

He wasn't there, AJ was. "Company man" or not, I know who'd Id believe.

Yagami

Good post resistant
"All Petite Wrestling" :lol:

At first I thought Corny had coined than phrase but apparently it was RVD :lol:

Speaking of Corny, another great episode as usual. He's spot on about AEW and wrestling fans in general. I wish he was in creative of AEW. It'd probably be fun to watch then!

Yagami

Good post resistant
Or... Hes just out of touch

Wrestling evolves all the time.
Well, wrestling is as irrelevant as ever doing the opposite of Jim's view with the "video game wrestling" and "indy outlaw bullshit", and, when in charge of creative in WWF or TNA, said eras of each promotion were the most entertaining either have been.

Wrestling has always been the same. Essentially, it's people trying to convince other people they want to beat someone else up. Either for a title, revenge, or because they don't like eachother. That's all it is.

However, as Jim says, the difference now is you have said wrestlers not even hiding the fact it's fake with the camera winking. Yeah, we know, but there are those of us who prefer to still get lost in the show.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I agree, kinda.

Look at Balor's promo last week where he says "I had to lay down for the hot new act in the summer just because he has a new mask". That isn't allowing a peek behind the curtain, it's pulling the entire thing back and saying "Look, I was told to put Bray Wyatt over" In this day and age kayfabe is dead but when you piss on its grave you're just hurting yourself. I'm already a little less interested in Balor's heel turn after his "shoot" promo.

Kayfabe can still work, to an extent. Becky was/is the hottest thing in wrestling over the last year and at her peak when she was dunking on Ronda on Twitter and in promos and with Ronda reacting to it, they had some convinced that there was "legit heat" between the two. That's how you use kayfabe, not by saying "I was told to lose".

Sylar

Looks like WWE / Saudi going extra
Until 2027 with 2 annual events now

Bwuk

That’s BS! Vince must of agreed that deal as his wrestlers were held hostage if he didn’t sign it.

meltzer :lol:

Ekeke

"One person in the company said WWE is trying to get video from as much talent as possible to claim the mechanical issues on the plane were the problem. Just the fact they would do this is very strange."

"All I know is that people in WWE, around WWE, all have the same story, very different from public story but I can't corroborate anything past you'd have to be naive if not at least questioning things."

“ Some notes since nobody can say anything. WWE had a problem in Saudi Arabia. Talent was not allowed to leave on their flight and most are still there. 20 people, 12 of which were talent, have left but the rest are still there.”

He probably got told something vaguely, put 2 and 2 together and got 9.

He wasn't there, AJ was. "Company man" or not, I know who'd Id believe.
AJ is also paid to work the WWE marks. Its his job to try and fool you

Ekeke

I love Cornette even if I don't agree with a lot of what he has to say. Great talker and personality for the business

Ekeke

So after this week on the main roster, NXT surely has to win the wednesday night ratings. Given the audience they've been introduced to in the past 2 shows and how strongly they've been put over AND the comments at the end of the show by the commentators saying who will show up on NXT...

Surely they have to get at least 1 million viewers this week and a few hundred thousand more than AEW this week. Should be interesting to see

Sylar

Ekeke, youre too focused on ratings to actually enjoy the shows it seems.

Also Rollins needs lessons from Becky on how to twitter. Hes awful.

Surely they have to get at least 1 million viewers this week and a few hundred thousand more than AEW this week. Should be interesting to see
Havent seen the shows yet, but was it just NXt guys coming out or did they outright promote NXT for this upcoming week too?

Ekeke

Ekeke, youre too focused on ratings to actually enjoy the shows it seems.

Also Rollins needs lessons from Becky on how to twitter. Hes awful.

Havent seen the shows yet, but was it just NXt guys coming out or did they outright promote NXT for this upcoming week too?
How? I said last week NXT was probably the better show to watch as I didnt enjoy the halloween stuff as much from AEW despite AEW getting higher ratings. I talk about them both because great wrestling (which I love) doesnt always mean high ratings. High ratings generally come from advertising and having big stars on the show regardless of match quality. Match quality might eventually get you strong ratings after a while of getting the reputation for great matches. But its not like people turn the channel en mass because 1 match is better than the other match. Thats a smaller amount of people

If you're talking about Raw it was

Trying to get Seth to join NXT, he wants a title match so main event is Seth vs. Adam Cole. Undisputed Era get Cole DQ'd, Raw stars come out for a brawl, more NXT stars come out into the brawl and then the rest of the Raw stars for a stalemate kind of thing. And the commentators say whats going to happen on nxt, suggesting more main roster people there

So I dont know how much more of a heavy build you can give NXT than this week, where they destroyed Smackdown and were equal and important on Raw. The ECW and WCW invasions werent put over this hard for example, WWE guys had to win so the other companies didnt look as strong

So yeah, if there isnt a big rocket in the NXT ratings this week its just not going to happen.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
AJ is also paid to work the WWE marks. Its his job to try and fool you
You'll defend that fraud till the day you die.

"And lastly, @davemeltzerWON , you’re at best a purveyor of misinformation or at worst an outright, vindictive liar. I hope it’s the former."
Seth Rollins.

I love it. You love using the term "Marks" yet will constantly go on about ratings and viewership when nobody cares. You'll constantly take a frauds word as gospel when literally everyone else is telling you it's all bullshit, including actual wrestlers, but we're the marks?

Genuinely, I don't mean this in a horrible way, but how old are you?

Ekeke

You'll defend that fraud till the day you die.

"And lastly, @davemeltzerWON , you’re at best a purveyor of misinformation or at worst an outright, vindictive liar. I hope it’s the former."
Seth Rollins.

I love it. You love using the term "Marks" yet will constantly go on about ratings and viewership when nobody cares. You'll constantly take a frauds word as gospel when literally everyone else is telling you it's all bullshit, including actual wrestlers, but we're the marks?

Genuinely, I don't mean this in a horrible way, but how old are you?
You'll care when your show is axed. I posted the WOL reply to that comment above, if you care enough about this subject surely you'll listen to it.

Genuinely I think your question is hilarious. I'm 33

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
That Shayna/Becky segment was brilliant. Becky has been killing on promos for ages but Shayna has serious intensity and killed it.

She is everything Ronda should be minus the star power.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
You'll care when your show is axed. I posted the WOL reply to that comment above, if you care enough about this subject surely you'll listen to it.

Genuinely I think your question is hilarious. I'm 33
Youre a grown ass man? Legitimately don't sound it.
Sadly it wouldnt matter because its not in the big leagues of WWE
That's also your problem. You have a chip on your shoulder about people not watching other wrestling promotions, when it's clear as daylight the quite a lot on this thread do. You assume that you're some woken spirit and that it's not feasible that other people on this thread, because it's the caf and not squared circle, don't have a clue about wrestling beyond Raw and Smackdown.

News flash, most people in this thread watch more than just WWE. Believe It or not, it's okay to watch new japan and WWE. It's okay to keep tabs on MLW, and follow 205 live. You can do both.

But you seem to get a hard on for anything moderately Anti-WWE and to be honest, I find it all a little bit strange.

Ekeke

Youre a grown ass man? Legitimately don't sound it.
I'll take that as a compliment coming from someone who sounds like a whining child. If I don't come across like you then I'm doing something right.

That's also your problem. You have a chip on your shoulder about people not watching other wrestling promotions, when it's clear as daylight the quite a lot on this thread do. You assume that you're some woken spirit and that it's not feasible that other people on this thread, because it's the caf and not squared circle, don't have a clue about wrestling beyond Raw and Smackdown.

News flash, most people in this thread watch more than just WWE. Believe It or not, it's okay to watch new japan and WWE. It's okay to keep tabs on MLW, and follow 205 live. You can do both.

But you seem to get a hard on for anything moderately Anti-WWE and to be honest, I find it all a little bit strange.
I love WWE. But I love it enough to not call something shit, good. The company has gone to shit since the war with WCW was over and they had a terrible invasion angle. WWE could afford to do this because they had no competition.

I'm 100% in the camp of competition because its best for everyone. Best for the wrestlers, best for the audience and its also best for WWE because some things that have needed to change for a very long time will probably have to change, else eventually they're going to find themselves in a not so good position.

I think you suffer from selective reading because I've pointed out a bunch of stuff about AEW and the like that I didn't agree with or like. Its almost as if I have a mind of my own and have also disagreed with the Meltzers and other people even though I respect their opinion.

See this is what an adult is like. They have their own point of view that might align with other people in some ways, at some times, but at others they might disagree with them and have their own thoughts and feelings about it.

You however splurge your WWE mark shit all over the place like everything they do is correct. Its nauseating how you get upset that other people can like different things to WWE

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Who was that guy who had the sad hobby of writing pretend wresting matches online?

Maybe he can solve this argument.

AshRK

I don't know where WWE are planning to go with this whole NXT invasion angle. Is there any reward for the winners, if not this will be another Survivor series with no consequence. There should be something at stakes and Vince should be involved in some way or form to give this a real feel otherwise it is just a big waste of time.

Sylar

I don't know where WWE are planning to go with this whole NXT invasion angle. Is there any reward for the winners, if not this will be another Survivor series with no consequence. There should be something at stakes and Vince should be involved in some way or form to give this a real feel otherwise it is just a big waste of time.
Bragging rights heh

Ekeke

Yeah I'm sure it'll be the same as last year where Shane threatened everyone as he didnt want to lose to his sister, then Raw beat them 6-0 and nothing happened.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
I'll take that as a compliment coming from someone who sounds like a whining child. If I don't come across like you then I'm doing something right.

I love WWE. But I love it enough to not call something shit, good. The company has gone to shit since the war with WCW was over and they had a terrible invasion angle. WWE could afford to do this because they had no competition.

I'm 100% in the camp of competition because its best for everyone. Best for the wrestlers, best for the audience and its also best for WWE because some things that have needed to change for a very long time will probably have to change, else eventually they're going to find themselves in a not so good position.

I think you suffer from selective reading because I've pointed out a bunch of stuff about AEW and the like that I didn't agree with or like. Its almost as if I have a mind of my own and have also disagreed with the Meltzers and other people even though I respect their opinion.

See this is what an adult is like. They have their own point of view that might align with other people in some ways, at some times, but at others they might disagree with them and have their own thoughts and feelings about it.

You however splurge your WWE mark shit all over the place like everything they do is correct. Its nauseating how you get upset that other people can like different things to WWE
Okay.

Sylar

Yeah I'm sure it'll be the same as last year where Shane threatened everyone as he didnt want to lose to his sister, then Raw beat them 6-0 and nothing happened.
6-1
(Never forget the New Day)

AshRK

Bragging rights heh
So it is going to be a gigantic waste of time then. No storyline continuity which has been the current trend with this product.

Ekeke

So it is going to be a gigantic waste of time then. No storyline continuity which has been the current trend with this product.
Its possible it'll have repercussions but it'll be the exception to the rule if it does. I'm not really sure what they would be anyway because all 3 brands are important now with their tv deals.

Minkaro

Who was that guy who had the sad hobby of writing pretend wresting matches online?

Maybe he can solve this argument.
E-fedding? I used to do that. I don't think I'm the sad person you're thinking of, but I can do it if he's busy.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Rollins still going for him...

I don't like either of them but if Rollins is going this hard after him I can imagine he is genuinely sick of being lied about.

Edit: Well well well. Thoughts @Ekeke?

Last edited: